Another ho hum WPB gun show.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Another ho hum WPB gun show.

Post by N4KVE » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Not really crowded, plenty of non gun related items, & big blocks of unsold table space. Vendors were hoping for a better show, as there wasn't one in June, but it's summer, it's WPB, & Hillary lost. I expect Miami to be much better next weekend. GARY
Last edited by N4KVE on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Another ho hum WPB gun show.

Post by FSUnoles » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:31 pm

N4KVE wrote:Not really crowded, plenty of non gun related items, & big blocks of unsold table space. Vendors were hoping for a better show, as there wasnt one in June, but it's summer, it's WPB, & Hillary lost. I expect Miami to be much better next weekend. GARY
Other then a Glock tool I've never seen a must have deal at a gun show. Internet stores are always significantly cheaper and no tax.

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:04 pm

FSUnoles wrote:
N4KVE wrote:Not really crowded, plenty of non gun related items, & big blocks of unsold table space. Vendors were hoping for a better show, as there wasnt one in June, but it's summer, it's WPB, & Hillary lost. I expect Miami to be much better next weekend. GARY
Other then a Glock tool I've never seen a must have deal at a gun show. Internet stores are always significantly cheaper and no tax.
Not so much if you're buying hazmat stuff like powder & primers - although the price of Accurate #5 went up $40 since the last time I checked about 6 months ago. I bought some W231 instead.
I also noticed AR prices are still at last year's high mark & most every AK or SKS is labeled "Rare" with an appropriate price tag. Somebody was advertising .22LR for less than 5 cents each but I still have a few hundred K so I didn't bother. I saw Pmags for $8.75 each ... after I'd already paid $10 but oh well, s';t happens & I'm not gonna cry over a couple of bucks.
There were a couple of interesting deals on top break .32 revolvers but I didn't bother there either. All in all, I had a good stroll & picked up a few odds & ends.
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

RalphS

Post by RalphS » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:01 pm

Not so much if you're buying hazmat stuff like powder & primers
How much do they charge for an 8lb jug of powder?

I just bought 8lbs of Ramshot TAC from Powder Valley for $158.95 plus $28.50 hazmat which comes to $23.43 per pound. They had a 4th of July Free Shipping promo so I only paid the hazmat.

And the big brown truck will deliver it to my door. Don't have to drive to the show, pay the entrance fee, fight the crowds and hope that they have the exact powder that I want for less than Powder Valley charges.

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:16 pm

8 lbs of W321 was $180 & Accurate #5 was $200.
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

philasteen

Post by philasteen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Gun shows can't stay in business selling powder.

RalphS

Post by RalphS » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:51 pm

They can because there are thousands of people who hate to pay a hazmat fee.

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:30 pm

RalphS wrote:They can because there are thousands of people who hate to pay a hazmat fee.
Do you know that many people that reload? I can count the number of people locally on one hand who reload.

screenerglenn
Life Member
Life Member

Post by screenerglenn » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:05 am

There are 6 people that I know of that reload within 2 blocks from my house. Discussing this at an IDPA match, it appears many of the competitors reload. Lots of us out here

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:48 am

RalphS wrote:
fight the crowds.
There won't be any crowds at the WPB show until the next election, or unless Khaled buys the show. GARY.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:48 am

It costs too much to get into the fair grounds just to wander around a bunch of overpriced s';t I don't want.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

jollymon32
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jollymon32 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:41 am

I have not been to a gun show in over 5 years. I buy all my guns, ammo, reloading supplies online. Paying hazmat is cheaper than driving, paying parking, paying entrance, and mingling with the masses.

Plus it's cheaper online.

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 am

I've never seen a parking fee at WPB fairgrounds, only an entrance fee, IMHO the prices of ammunition is very reasonable and the selection of every brand imaginable is right in front of you. Normally I go to the same vendor for reloads, good quality ammunition and for target practice again you can beat the price, went through 125 rounds of .380 ysda in my new Bersa Thunder combat, no FTF, nothing, all reloads, picked up .223, .45 ACP, and .45 colt, only problem I have is the sale of non related products at an advertised gun show, women's costume jewelry, pocketbooks, preserves, I'm a hypocrite tho I must admit, I look for and buy this great beef jerky at the show, it's the best ! Again I'll burn up the ammo I just purchased and be back next month ....the snow birds are gone !!

RalphS

Post by RalphS » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:46 am

Do you know that many people that reload?
I was speaking in general, thousands of reloaders among hundreds of guns shows across the country. But yes, all my friends reload. And usually we try to combine our online purchases to split the hazmat and shipping fees.
IMHO the prices of ammunition is very reasonable
Since the election, yes. Before the election, no.
Normally I go to the same vendor for reloads,
Good luck with that. I don't shoot anyone's reloads except my own.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Yeah, I've always been told to never shoot ammo you haven't personally reloaded, or witnessed reloaded by someone who knows what they're doing.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:28 pm

That's your personal opinion not to use anyone's reloads but your own, I don't reload anymore, I have purchased literally thousands of rounds of various ammunition from this vendor, as three of my good friends have and we have never, I repeat never had a failure to fire in any of the ammo we have acquired from this vendor, they feed and fire flawlessly,in fact we spoke to him at the show he is going to submit a price for us to buy in bulk. Also a point I've had factory ammo fail to fire on me, so buying reloads being bad is a personal choice ....

RalphS

Post by RalphS » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:32 pm

That's your personal opinion not to use anyone's reloads but your own
Not just me. Lot's of people feel this way.
we have never, I repeat never had a failure to fire
It's not the FTF that you should worry about. It's the kaboom.......
There is a reason why gun makers don't want people to shoot reloads, why some ranges don't allow reloads. I guess you don't really understand this, but good luck anyways.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:18 pm

you're the one who seems lost, ranges want you to buy their overpriced ammo :ham'r reloads aren't bad

lots of people buy reloads at gunshows

lots of people who reload, know what they are doing, more so that know it all gun guys, they live for cooking up the correct recipe ....however they do it without a license or insurance, thus there in the risk....

I think your making a problem that doesn't really exist [-( ....you trust those drunk Russians making that Tulammo or are you one of those brass cased whores....I love guys like that, I like when they shoot next to me, because I pick up all that expensive brass cases =:wvr
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Your absolutely right at Rentprop1 the range were at wanted $21 for a box of 50 at the show we get a plastic bag sealed for $12 of 50, this ammo is mass produced, they don't have some old man sitting with an Lyman hand crank tool making one round at a time, this kaboom stuff is all Overdone, chances are slim to none of it happening, if it happens so be it, won't be the first time something blew up near me. This is the pastime I've chosen so let the chips fall where they may...

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:10 pm

I've actually shot some of that gun show guy's reloads & they were just fine. That was before I started reloading myself though. In all fairness, I would probably never run someone else's reloads in my carry or home defense guns but I know I can rely on my own. Handloads are better than factory ammo for the same reason your mom's apple pie beats anything you can buy at the store. Just sayin'.