Life Member
Life Member

Anybody go to WPB show today?

Post by N4KVE » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:26 pm

So was the show busy?

Trouter3

Re: Anybody go to WPB show today?

Post by Trouter3 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 pm

It was pretty busy, we got there around 11 am had to park last row in front lot, WPB show is what I'm calling it from now on, again many tables not firearms related, woman sandals, pocketbooks, custome jewelry, polticial advertising and solicitations, cleaning chemical items, towels, a lot of flea market stuff, BUT, not complaining, can't beat the selection of hard to get ammunition that you don't have to pay shipping on, purchased the new CCI 22 all copper 21 grain bullets and my usual .45 ACP and .380 reloads ...I'd would really like to go to a real gun show in Florida, was wondering if any of u fine fellas know of a show that strictly items related to guns ... :-k :-k :-k

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Trouter3 wrote:I'd would really like to go to a real gun show in Florida, was wondering if any of u fine fellas know of a show that strictly items related to guns
Any show put on by Florida Gun Shows is strictly limited to guns, & accessories. The ONLY exception to that rule would be Mort, the beef jerky guy. Locally, that would be the Miami show at the Dade County Fair grounds, on SW 8 St, just off the turnpike, or the FT. Lauderdale show at the War Memorial where US1 meets Federal Hwy. GARY

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:23 am

Went there yesterday, it was busy.
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

p7fl

Post by p7fl » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:08 am

Went looking for a black rifle. Almost zero selection.
Things have really changed in 100 days.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:32 am

I'm going today with a friend. Not working the show because IRA didn't book his tables. GARY

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:21 am

p7fl wrote:Went looking for a black rifle. Almost zero selection.
Things have really changed in 100 days.
When they're selling for $600 to $499 at on-line vendors, why bother with the gun show prices.
There's a storm coming.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:26 am

Most empty show I've ever seen. Empty aisles, & many empty tables from vendors who were here yesterday, & didn't come back today. GARY.

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:42 am

The only two good things yesterday, I chatted a bit with Court and there was a chick dressed as a sailor with a nice ass. =:e [smilie=011.gif]
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:40 pm

captain steinbrenner wrote:The only two good things yesterday, I chatted a bit with Court and there was a chick dressed as a sailor with a nice ass. =:e [smilie=011.gif]
I too spoke to Court, & saw the sailor gal. Court had a few good sales yesterday, so his table was paid for, but today was really bad. The sailor gal from last year was much prettier. GARY

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:12 pm

I didn't go this year as I don't have money to burn and as someone else said, prices are in free fall online.

Did they have the same super overpriced WWII vendors like they did last year? I still wanna get my hands on a Kar98.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:15 pm

A gun show on Easter Sunday seems dumb. As a heathen I don't observe the day, but many gun people are Christians of some sort, if only "Christmas and Easter Christians".
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:04 pm

tector wrote:A gun show on Easter Sunday seems dumb. As a heathen I don't observe the day, but many gun people are Christians of some sort, if only "Christmas and Easter Christians".
Some people do their easter egg hunts for candy, others do them for guns.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Skoll wrote:
tector wrote:A gun show on Easter Sunday seems dumb. As a heathen I don't observe the day, but many gun people are Christians of some sort, if only "Christmas and Easter Christians".
Some people do their easter egg hunts for candy, others do them for guns.
Yeah, some do. Many don't. When you have a limited to sell, trying to sell stuff when a significant portion of your customers are out of the market is dumb.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:26 am

Bill has a show every 3-4 weeks, so he's flooding his own market. I remember doing a Miami Easter Sunday show a few years ago with IRA, & it was mobbed. We all thought it would be dead because of the holiday, but everyone did well. I specifically remember there were no Obama threats at that time. GARY

chuckusaret

Post by chuckusaret » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:55 am

The WPB show has become a waste of time and the $10 admission fee, only attended one show last year, none this year.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:29 pm

chuckusaret wrote:The WPB show has become a waste of time and the $10 admission fee, only attended one show last year, none this year.
It's utter garbage. I stopped going as well.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:30 pm

So...is anyone aware of a decent show within striking distance of SoFLA? Orlando/Lakeland, etc? :-k
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:53 pm

870Mike wrote:So...is anyone aware of a decent show within striking distance of SoFLA? Orlando/Lakeland, etc? :-k
In SE FL, the Miami show is best.

In Florida, the Lakeland "big" show still may be best, but is a shadow of its former self--not worth the drive, gas, etc., from here.

We have nothing that approaches the shows in some other states (and I am not just talking about Tulsa).

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:04 pm

tector wrote:We have nothing that approaches the shows in some other states (and I am not just talking about Tulsa).
Yep. When I lived in Cali, for as f'ed-up as the state is when it comes to guns, the gun show (twice/yr.) there was AWESOME! =D>
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike