Really? 3 guns shows this weekend

p7fl

Really? 3 guns shows this weekend

Post by p7fl » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:14 am

I almost never go to shows anymore. Wanted to see if I could find a specific 1911. Looked at Tector's list (thank you Tector)....are there really 3 shows, what dumbness. Bottom line is they will all be a waste of time. Dumb, just dumb.

screenerglenn
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Really? 3 guns shows this weekend

Post by screenerglenn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:54 pm

I usually go to look for a specific item. Browsing is just boring, the smaller shows seem to have the same old guys (like me) displaying the same crap at stupid prices. This weekend I may go to the Ft Laud. show, looking for a Magpul CTR MIL-spec stock.

rug357

Post by rug357 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:06 pm

Back in the 80' and 90's I went to every show in Miami/Ft.Lauderdale/West Palm. Spent all my play money there buying reloading supplies, guns, etc. Back then there were a lot of good deals to be had. Then around end of 90's or maybe early 2000 things started getting stupid and I stopped going. I've been to 2 gun shows in last 15 years and one of those was to go pick up our FSN Spikes lower group buy and the other was to meet a dealer to pick up some ammo cans. Maybe I'll go one of these days just to see what it looks like now.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:03 pm

rug357 wrote: Maybe I'll go one of these days just to see what it looks like now.
How we hope it looks:

How it really looks:

"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:14 pm

I didn't go by either show. But I went by the WPB SS store as they always have a sale the same weekend as the WPB show. Found a mint pre owned 9mm Walther PPS that I had to have. Got a great deal after test firing it. My new carry piece. It came in the box with all the original paperwork. They don't show up very often. GARY

p7fl

Post by p7fl » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:50 am

OP here. Did drive to WPB show. It has been a while. Not bad. Parking lot wasn't packed and you were not jammed inside.
Lots of guns, not too bad on tables with nonsense.
If you wanted to buy or look at polymer guns the show was OK. Odd that the dealers had a limited selection of 1911's.
Entry price is up to $10.00. Best part of the drive is the large Dick's down the road, and they don't charge an fee to walk in.

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:54 am

Went to Lou's in Miami instead of a gun show and grabbed a Glock 20SF. Was thinking of going by one of the shows to look for different 10mm ammo but had too much work in the shop that had priority!
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:47 am

I bought the GP100 in .44sp from SS at the FTL show.

I do love me a .44.

I am not alone:

https://youtu.be/UT_8J69KPv4
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:38 pm

p7fl wrote:OP here. Did drive to WPB show. It has been a while. Not bad. Parking lot wasn't packed and you were not jammed inside.
That's because the major vendors were at the Ft. Lauderdale show. As a vendor, you want to go to the show where you will sell the most guns. This will continue as long as Bill has a WPB show every 3-4 weeks. People will always have $10 bucks to walk his show, but with his show every 3-4 weeks, most people can not save enough $ to buy a gun every WPB show. Of course Bill will make big $ selling tables, & the gate $, but the vendors go home pissed every Sunday night after his show. Now look at the shows put on by Florida Gun Shows in Miami, & Ft. Lauderdale. Spaced 6-8 weeks apart, customers can save more $ to make a purchase at every show, & the vendors are all smiling Sunday night after their shows. Khaled, the owner of Florida Gun Shows is perfectly happy to space his shows further apart to keep his vendors happy. GARY

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:19 pm

The Lakeland show that the Lakeland Gun Club put's on is the best in the state. It reminds of the Miami Convention Center shows of the 80's. 2 halls and hundreds of tables, with everything from cap guns to Ma Duces. I've made the 300 mile trip many times. On one trip we had a old woman in line behind us in line to get in with a very old wooden box. She asked me if I knew anything about old guns so I said yes to see what was in the box. We got out of the line and I was in awe of what she had. It held a pristine set of engraved, flint lock dueling pistols, complete with all the gadgets. I wouldn't even touch them. I told her to leave immediately, do not show them to anyone else, get a safe deposit box, put them in it and contact James D Julia auctions. She said they had been in her deceased husbands family for generations but didn't know much of the providence of them except his family were from New York dating back before the revolution. There were no more heirs left in his family and her family wasn't interested in them. I wondered for years what they were and what their history was.

Joshua L Chamberlin

Post by Joshua L Chamberlin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:34 pm

The quality of shows has gone down in the last months.

deathpriest
Contributor
Contributor

Post by deathpriest » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:35 pm

flashooter22 wrote:Went to Lou's in Miami instead of a gun show and grabbed a Glock 20SF. Was thinking of going by one of the shows to look for different 10mm ammo but had too much work in the shop that had priority!
I know a guy that can make you a kydex holster for that beast.... let me know if you are interested =:bye
Blessings,
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
**Infidel**

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:01 pm

deathpriest wrote:
flashooter22 wrote:Went to Lou's in Miami instead of a gun show and grabbed a Glock 20SF. Was thinking of going by one of the shows to look for different 10mm ammo but had too much work in the shop that had priority!
I know a guy that can make you a kydex holster for that beast.... let me know if you are interested =:bye
Haha actually vacuum pressed a multicam OWB the other day and traced it out. Haven't had a chance to cut and finish it yet!
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

deathpriest
Contributor
Contributor

Post by deathpriest » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:55 pm

I am waiting for a fastfire 3 to arrive and set it on a 40... might have to visit the shop once I fit the optic and a light
Blessings,
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
**Infidel**