War Memorial Show

BIG JOE

War Memorial Show

Post by BIG JOE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:16 am

Anyone receive this email yesterday?

Ft Lauderdale Armory Canceled
What Lana and I worked so hard to establish that paid our bills and provided many others opportunities has been ended over night. The government did testing of the Ft Lauderdale armory among armories through out the country and found dangerous levels of lead, so just like that our gun show is gone. We need a new building, if you know of anyone in the broward area who can help please let us know.
BIG JOE
Ft Lauderdale, Fl

BIG JOE

Re: War Memorial Show

Post by BIG JOE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:21 am

I just called the auditorium and was told the show is going on as planed. WTF?
BIG JOE
Ft Lauderdale, Fl

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:05 pm

It's the Russians! [smilie=011.gif]

Seriously, though...post the header from the e-mail you received. That should determine if it's legit or not.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Ft Lauderdale Armory Canceled

GunShowTeam.com <support@gunshowteam.com>

It's bogus I was just there. I'm not sure if it's a joke " Too Much Lead " or something else. Thanks' Mike
BIG JOE
Ft Lauderdale, Fl

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:37 pm

BIG JOE wrote:Ft Lauderdale Armory Canceled

GunShowTeam.com <support@gunshowteam.com>

It's bogus I was just there. I'm not sure if it's a joke " Too Much Lead " or something else. Thanks' Mike
GunShowTeam.com <support@gunshowteam.com> <-------- Not an e-mail header.

Nonetheless, your title and the show date alludes to the Ft. Laud War Memorial Show. The website (gunshowteam.com) & e-mail are regarding the Ft. Lauderdale Armory Show.

:-k :-k
Last edited by 870Mike on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Point to the picture of where you were... [smilie=011.gif]

War Memorial Auditorium:

National Guard Armory:

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:24 pm

I know it was an innocent mistake on your part, but seriously....
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

philasteen

Post by philasteen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:38 pm

The other Ft Lauderdale show (War Memorial) was crowded and hot today. I mostly regret going.

BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:09 pm

I see my mistake. I was planning on going all week. I wanted to see what was happening and prices before Friday 01/20/2017. Oh well got home around noon and then the wife left until 4:30 so that's a good day with just that. I just have to slow down and read! Thanks' guy's.
BIG JOE
Ft Lauderdale, Fl

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:36 pm

All Armory gun shows are cancelled until they remove the lead according to Tiffani of "The Gun Show Team". But yet our reserve soldiers will still be stationed there. GARY

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:15 pm

Not a fan of these shows, but still this is a crap break. I assume they have some business interruption insurance, but even that doesn't cover lost momentum.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:37 am

philasteen wrote:The other Ft Lauderdale show (War Memorial) was crowded and hot today. I mostly regret going.
No. THE Ft. Lauderdale Gun Show is the one at the War Memorial. The "other" show is, or was the one at the Armory. As for being hot, many vendors were wearing sweaters, & jackets inside it was so cold. Looking forward to Miami in 5 days. GARY

philasteen

Post by philasteen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:37 am

N4KVE wrote:
philasteen wrote:The other Ft Lauderdale show (War Memorial) was crowded and hot today. I mostly regret going.
No. THE Ft. Lauderdale Gun Show is the one at the War Memorial. The "other" show is, or was the one at the Armory. As for being hot, many vendors were wearing sweaters, & jackets inside it was so cold. Looking forward to Miami in 5 days. GARY
Gary I agree in the abstract the War Memorial is definitely the main show.

As to the temperature, I found there were spots where the A/C was blowing that were arctic but outside of those small zones I was pitching a flop sweat. But of course, I would live in a refrigerator if I could as I like it frigid.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:04 pm

philasteen wrote:
N4KVE wrote:
Gary I agree in the abstract the War Memorial is definitely the main show.

As to the temperature, I found there were spots where the A/C was blowing that were arctic but outside of those small zones I was pitching a flop sweat. But of course, I would live in a refrigerator if I could as I like it frigid.
I hear you. Roxy at Vito's tables was wearing a jacket, & I watched her shiver all weekend. I told her it was better than sweating. Even Ira was going to ask them to turn up the heat. I said are you crazy, as tear down is in 10 minutes, & we need it as cool as possible then. I guess I was lucky as I worked in the comfort zone. GARY

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:19 am

tector wrote:Not a fan of these shows, but still this is a crap break. I assume they have some business interruption insurance, but even that doesn't cover lost momentum.
Some of these have been moved--see my link below.