Scope repair

GunsandHoses

Scope repair

Post by GunsandHoses » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Anybody use ABO optics repair in Kendall? Dropped my rifle and broke the scope! One of only places that advertises they fix Old Redfields.

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Scope repair

Post by IDPAMASTER » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:18 pm

I don't know about them,but about the best there is for Old Redfield's is Iron Sight in Tulsa. I paid them about $85 a few years ago to refurbish an old 3-9 and it came back as brand new. It took a while,maybe a few months,so that has to be expected. Not sure of their prices now or turn around,but they can tell you.
Well then get your s';t together.
Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your s';t. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the s';t store and sell it, or put it in a s';t museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:54 pm

There is also Larry Weisz of L&S scope repair mention Gun Stock and Barrel might save you a few bucks :-k

Redfield doesn't warranty any of the older scopes FWIW
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:36 am

Thanks for the replies fellas! Had seen Iron sight but there turnaround time is looooong! Was hoping to get it taken care of a little sooner and ABO states turnaround of approx 7-12 weeks. I can also swing by and talk with them to see if they can actually do the repair. WIll cost me $20 if I decide to not go with them after estimate. They have been doing Redfield repairs since '94 and have all the necessary parts for the needed repair. Figured for $20 I couldn't go wrong!