Need a range to shoot

vjor

Need a range to shoot

Post by vjor » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Hello people of the forum , have not been shooting in long time and for some reason decide to start shooting again.
Need a favor from you guys, need to know were is a range with 100 yards/ meters to shoot , no I am not going to Markham Park.
Do is any place in broward county were you can go mind u business, take you .22 hit some targets , may be a Pepsi can or steal plate
and have a great time with out been told that u firing to fast every 5 minutes , that cant take u glasses off to look true you rifle scope and so on.

Thank you .
Both the oligarch and Tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."—Aristotle

cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Need a range to shoot

Post by cubanstang50 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Its in Okeechobee county. A little trip but the best in south east florida. :ber

http://www.okshooting.com
3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

p7fl

Post by p7fl » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:10 am

Broward is a non-starter.
Try checking with Homestead Training Center. I've shot USPSA pistol there recently but have not checked the rifle rules.

vjor

Post by vjor » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:47 am

Ty guys all help is apreciated
Both the oligarch and Tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."—Aristotle

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 am

I second the motion!! okshooting is a great facility, no BS from range officers, friendly people, but firm in following safety rules, as stated alittle hike but well worth it ...full service gun shop also, in fact I'm going out there with my AR15 next week rw: rw:

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Wasn't there a place off US 27 in Broward where you paid the owner, & could shoot in his field? I think the daughter runs it now. POP DEAN. GARY

http://wikimapia.org/15372200/Pop-Dean-s-Hunt-Club

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:36 pm

N4KVE wrote:Wasn't there a place off US 27 in Broward where you paid the owner, & could shoot in his field? I think the daughter runs it now. POP DEAN. GARY

Yup, that's actually one of the reasons FSN was started, setting up shoots at Pops.

Sadly, the rules are somewhat unstable, and seem to change every few months. Last I heard it was a yearly membership.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:58 am

John K wrote:
N4KVE wrote:Wasn't there a place off US 27 in Broward where you paid the owner, & could shoot in his field? I think the daughter runs it now. POP DEAN. GARY

Yup, that's actually one of the reasons FSN was started, setting up shoots at Pops.

Sadly, the rules are somewhat unstable, and seem to change every few months. Last I heard it was a yearly membership.
Last I had heard(years ago) she had shut it down to the regular public because of all the problems she was having with assholes. People showing up at odd hours, literally the middle of the night, making threats when told to leave, etc.
Libertas aut mortis!

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:40 am

That's what happened the dummies threatening her, she didn't need that crap, shut it down to the public and those AHs
ruined it for everyone ..... [smilie=014.gif] [smilie=014.gif]

Joshua L Chamberlin

Post by Joshua L Chamberlin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Umm, Sharon ruined it for everybody by being an unstable nut job. As someone who had the misfortune of having her waive a gun at me while she ranted away in slurred, gibberish I take nothing that came from her mind as gospel. I literally paid her to shoot at like 10am and she turned around waiving a revover at me demanding that I pay her to shoot.

vjor

Post by vjor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:05 pm

ty guys for the info , appreciate the help.

new-rug

Post by new-rug » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:35 pm

I used to shoot out at Pop's place frequently when Pop was still alive as it's within 10 minute drive from my house. Unfortunately after Pop passed away the place got passed on to Sharon and problems started. Few times I was out there I didn't feel safe. It's been about 10 years since last time I was out there.

philasteen

Post by philasteen » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm up for a group buy if Sharon wants to sell.

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:42 pm

Joshua L Chamberlin wrote:Umm, Sharon ruined it for everybody by being an unstable nut job. As someone who had the misfortune of having her waive a gun at me while she ranted away in slurred, gibberish I take nothing that came from her mind as gospel. I literally paid her to shoot at like 10am and she turned around waiving a revover at me demanding that I pay her to shoot.
Yup, when the Nazis shut down Henry's I gave her the 50 bucks to be a member but then every time I showed up 945 mile one way trip) the gate was closed and locked. Oh and BTW she is a bit...well a lot nutty.

Magnus DUX
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Magnus DUX » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:35 pm

philasteen wrote:I'm up for a group buy if Sharon wants to sell.
She owes millions :))) That's by her own words. So nobody private will own it after her I guess
/:f

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:04 pm

someone else owns the tax certificates on more than half of it already, so its worthless....someone keep paying on the small parcel that the trailer is on otherwise she would have lost it already......why the range got smaller 10 + years ago was someone has bought the tax certificates on the western most parcel ( 10 acres I think ) and claimed it after she didn't or couldn't pay it back.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

philasteen

Post by philasteen » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Let's find out who bought the tax certificates and make an offer.

jollymon32
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jollymon32 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:57 pm

You don't want that headache. It takes a 'special' kind of person to fight the government agencies that want that land (one of the last, if not the last, parcels west of US27 in a sensitive wetland area).

Her latest scheme is embodied in one of her later commercial ventures "Sharon's Goat and Gun" citing some obscure legislation on Agri-business.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:48 pm

jollymon32 wrote:You don't want that headache. It takes a 'special' kind of person to fight the government agencies that want that land (one of the last, if not the last, parcels west of US27 in a sensitive wetland area).

Her latest scheme is embodied in one of her later commercial ventures "Sharon's Goat and Gun" citing some obscure legislation on Agri-business.
She did always say that Florida water management was out to get her. Some of it sounded like conspiracy theories to me but some of it was within the realm of possibility too being as the land was basically part of the Everglades.
Libertas aut mortis!

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:10 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
jollymon32 wrote:You don't want that headache. It takes a 'special' kind of person to fight the government agencies that want that land (one of the last, if not the last, parcels west of US27 in a sensitive wetland area).

She did always say that Florida water management was out to get her. Some of it sounded like conspiracy theories to me but some of it was within the realm of possibility too being as the land was basically part of the Everglades.
SFWM would love to get their mitts on her land. They've tried in the past.
There's a storm coming.