Free target material all over the city!

cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

Free target material all over the city!

Post by cvasqu03 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:28 am

Hey guys, I just had a thought. During this primary season, one of my parents (without checking with us) gave permission for a candidate to put up signs on our fence. My brother and I later made it clear to our parents that they were not to give permission to anyone else because we don’t like advertising. Over the next few weeks we took down the couple of signs from campaigns that placed ads on our fence without permission.

This morning, I went to take down the signs that we’d unfortunately allowed, and noticed these were made of corrugated plastic. This material is actually a perfect material for targets. It’s stiff, strong, and somewhat self healing. In fact, several target stands come with one set of targets made out of this material and sell replacements too. The signs are probably the right size too. Now that primary season is over, I figured this might be a good source for target material for those of us that have to use our own targets. What I usually do is buy spray-on adhesive and stick a full size target onto whatever material I’m using.

Anyway, I don’t know what the law is regarding taking down signs now that the primary is over, but I’m fairly certain picking some up from the trash can’t be a problem. Maybe if you know of a local campaign headquarters, you can raid their trash bin. It’s probably best not to tell them what you need it for, just say you need it for some art projects—for the kids!
If you're going to knock a man down, do it so he can't get up.

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Free target material all over the city!

Post by czharry » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:59 am

As was explained in a news report, not too long ago, ANY signage, like those wire-frame yard signs, if they are on public property, are illegal.
You see these signs stuck in the grass/dirt, on corners, near power poles, or on public right-of-ways. If you snatch them up, they are yours to keep.
If I had another person with me, I'd have them jump out and snatch every yard sign I saw, be it for nature drinks, cell phones, or politics.
There's a storm coming.

cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

Post by cvasqu03 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:49 pm

czharry wrote:As was explained in a news report, not too long ago, ANY signage, like those wire-frame yard signs, if they are on public property, are illegal.
You see these signs stuck in the grass/dirt, on corners, near power poles, or on public right-of-ways. If you snatch them up, they are yours to keep.
If I had another person with me, I'd have them jump out and snatch every yard sign I saw, be it for nature drinks, cell phones, or politics.
Awesome.

In fact, even if you don't want to use it for targets, it's pretty good material for a lot of uses (including children's art projects actually). Not all signs are corrugated plastic though, so not all of them would be as useful, but in general, if you can take these signs and re-use them, it's probably better for everyone including the environment. Otherwise, they just end up in a landfill somewhere.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:53 pm

cvasqu03 wrote: Otherwise, they just end up in a landfill somewhere.
Or on E-Bay in 10 years. GARY

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:06 pm

If there was a pic of Hillary or Wasserman Sultze this would be a big plus. Bet you could even make a tidy profit from those.

cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

Post by cvasqu03 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:03 am

N4KVE wrote:
cvasqu03 wrote: Otherwise, they just end up in a landfill somewhere.
Or on E-Bay in 10 years. GARY

Only if the guy gets famous.

OKIE
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Free target material all over the city!

Post by OKIE » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Lilwoody wrote:If there was a pic of Hillary or Wasserman Sultze this would be a big plus. Bet you could even make a tidy profit from those.
On the watch for some of those, to use.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk