J.W. Corbett Shooting Range

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Re: J.W. Corbett Shooting Range

Post by flashooter22 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:51 am

Went out there last week checking on my property...there is now some landscaping on property (big palms at entrance) and the trap area ranges seem to be leveled out. What is disappointing is absolutely no work on any structures yet. The existing ranges all look like s';t, they are overgrown, and the berms are washed out a little from not being maintained. Typical government project.

EDITED TO ADD...Just took a look at the permits on the public county building website (you can look too use Leisure construction as the company in search) and the permits are in process. Now I dont know crap about permits but there are a ton of "issues" with plans that have come up in the permitting that I see that seems to be extending the process. Permits for the buildings have been in progress since January.
Last edited by flashooter22 on Fri May 04, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Fri May 04, 2018 7:57 am

flashooter22 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:51 am
Went out there last week checking on my property...there is now some landscaping on property (big palms at entrance) and the trap area ranges seem to be leveled out. What is disappointing is absolutely no work on any structures yet. The existing ranges all look like s';t, they are overgrown, and the berms are washed out a little from not being maintained. Typical government project.
They're gonna use MSD to drag their feet on it since our Mayor is super anti gun.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:07 am

Skoll wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:57 am
flashooter22 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:51 am
They're gonna use MSD to drag their feet on it since our Mayor is super anti gun.
Look at my edit...the project is stuck in permits right now. Could that be on purpose? It looks like there are a numerous issues with the plans that is being held up in the permits stage.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Nothing but beaurocratic bs, the legitimate tax payer in this country gets nothing but double talk, I got a bad feeling on this project being completed anythime soon, I can see a private company buying the land and taking it over ...