J.W. Corbett Shooting Range

madman
Life Member
Life Member

J.W. Corbett Shooting Range

Post by madman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Does anyone have any updates on the construction of this range? Being in anti-gun Palm Beach County, I figure they'd pigeon hole it for eternity.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"The Constitution cannot defend itself. It is the duty of the People to defend it."
-Robert L. Schulz

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Re: J.W. Corbett Shooting Range

Post by flashooter22 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:44 pm

Its been a few months since ive checked...they had not even broken ground yet. Ill try to get by in the next week and see.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:23 am

No hurry here. Would rather hang at the PBSO Sheriff range. Much more laid back and less "John Q. Public's" than anticipated at the new place.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cubanstang50 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:35 pm

I am glad we are finally getting one. I just cropped this from
myfwc.com
http://m.myfwc.com/hunting/safety-educa ... ng-ranges/

3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

madman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by madman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:44 pm

This goes back to 2013, I think? And, as they say, construction is due to start in 2016. They better get off their arses.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"The Constitution cannot defend itself. It is the duty of the People to defend it."
-Robert L. Schulz

HuskyHK

Post by HuskyHK » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:26 am

They broke ground last month iirc. I work out here and everyone at the local watering hole (the Shell Gas station) lol..is talking about it. It will be 5 mins away from where I work at the Park of Commerce . Maybe some lunch time shooting ????

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:20 am

Actually I want to say they broke ground in October or November. The first section is supposed to be open within a couple months. I haven't been out there to check on it since th first started.

Edited to add it was actually early September that they broke ground. I may take a trip out there later today and take a look!
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Went by today and took a look. Lots of work has been done but I would guess we are still 2 or 3 months away. Big berms, wood is there to build but no structures on the firing line area at all.

speeddemon11L

Post by speeddemon11L » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek. I've been curious as well since there has been no news on it since the groundbreaking.

HuskyHK

Post by HuskyHK » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:36 am

870Mike wrote:No hurry here. Would rather hang at the PBSO Sheriff range. Much more laid back and less "John Q. Public's" than anticipated at the new place.
What the hell does that mean ?

Go have fun yanking the cops dicks and stay away from, going to be much better, the lowly John q public range.

I was there yesterday, lots of heavy equipment working. Those berms are massive,holy s';t..

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:32 pm

HuskyHK wrote:
Go have fun yanking the cops dicks and stay away from, going to be much better, the lowly John q public range.
Lol. Says the guy who's never been to the (Range Nazi infested) Markham Park.Image

The PBSO range is casual & laid back. If you differ in this opinion, you've never been.

And yes, "John Q. Public's" (e.g. unwashed masses) are the idiots that shoot themselves/others at ranges.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Took a ride out this am, people working at the site, it's going to be a really nice size shooting facility when finished, hope the range officers have the same personality as the people at OKC, like George in particular, no BS, friendly, but you understand who is running the show when he is there ... Only problem hadda get a car wash after traveling down that dirt road in the boondocks, very easy to get to anywhere in palm beach county ..

_: _: _:

HuskyHK

Post by HuskyHK » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:22 pm

Trouter3 wrote:Took a ride out this am, people working at the site, it's going to be a really nice size shooting facility when finished, hope the range officers have the same personality as the people at OKC, like George in particular, no BS, friendly, but you understand who is running the show when he is there ... Only problem hadda get a car wash after traveling down that dirt road in the boondocks, very easy to get to anywhere in palm beach county ..

_: _: _:
Agreed, was there last week and took some pics. Not sure how to load them on this forum yet. It is gonna be huge. The berms were 10 stories high. Lots of activity going on.

Agree on the dirt road, holy s';t. Are they going to pave it ?

My new Raptor got dirty, we can't have a desert racing truck running around dusty..

Can't wait to open, hopefully by end of Q3.

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:39 pm

HuskyHK,
And the road was dry when I travel on it, looks like they just used a road grader on it ruts all up and down the surface of the roadway, that's a good question tho whether they are going to pave it, I gotta imagine they will after being there, you know what that place will look like after a heavy Florida monsoonal downpour ..... #-o #-o #-o

HuskyHK

Post by HuskyHK » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:13 am

Trouter3 wrote:HuskyHK,
And the road was dry when I travel on it, looks like they just used a road grader on it ruts all up and down the surface of the roadway, that's a good question tho whether they are going to pave it, I gotta imagine they will after being there, you know what that place will look like after a heavy Florida monsoonal downpour ..... #-o #-o #-o
Oh it will have 3ft deep pot holes, washouts,etc..after the daily summer downpours. I can text my pics to someone to post if u want to see them. I plan on making weekly trips and maybe we can do a sticky up top to measure progress.

I work at Palm Beach Park of Commerce..

tlturbo

Post by tlturbo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:44 am

Looking at the site on Google Earth, I can't find a way to get there because of the canals all around it. Have they cut an access road into it from Seminole Pratt? Also, it it better to cone in from the N or up from Northlake? I'd like to run by and check it out too.

Pics would be great.

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:34 am

tlturbo wrote:Looking at the site on Google Earth, I can't find a way to get there because of the canals all around it. Have they cut an access road into it from Seminole Pratt? Also, it it better to cone in from the N or up from Northlake? I'd like to run by and check it out too.

Pics would be great.
The only way to access it is from the south. You have to take Seminole Pratt north from Northlake to the end and it will be on the east side.

cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cubanstang50 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:02 pm

3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Seminole Pratt is gated just north of the range.

tlturbo

Post by tlturbo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:13 pm

This pic shows the problem I'm talking about. There is a canal to the east of Seminole Pratt and the range land. Where do you get across the canal?