Any good slide milling work in Broward or North Dade

rlora

Any good slide milling work in Broward or North Dade

Post by rlora » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:30 pm

I'm looking at the possibility of doing a slide cut to my Glock to add an red dot (don't know which one yet). Are there any good slide milling places in Broward or North Dade, and if so; how was your experience and how much will something like this cost?

Thanks ahead,
Raul

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Any good slide milling work in Broward or North Dade

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:00 pm

there are several qualified places where you can send them your slide and they'll do it turn it around in about 7 days price is $ 250 ish, I wouldn't trust a local guy who " might " be able to do it, there are companies that already have jigs made that correctly hold the parts and have done hundreds of slides for exactly what you are asking for .....I have the name of 2 places at work but cant get it for ya till Monday

ask me how we learned the hard way ](*,) went with a recommendation from the guys at Kent sight , some idiot named Dewey Waver in Harvest, AL ....long story short....the cutter on the mill slung a Wilson Slide out of the vice, onto the floor and ruined it, he tried to weld or braze the corner of the slide and re-machine it , total hack job, took our money and never said anything hoping it would pass [-(
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:29 pm

Suarez sells red dot ready slides, I just wish they did't have that big Suarez International banner on the side... :ham'r
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:39 pm

L&m in north carolina now, used to be in phoenix. He has done one for me and the guy is good
Mark housel

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LastRites » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:56 am

captain steinbrenner wrote:Suarez sells red dot ready slides, I just wish they did't have that big Suarez International banner on the side... :ham'r
Easy fix, spray paint it!

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:14 am

I could be wrong but I think it's milled onto the receiver.
Looks like it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

rlora

Post by rlora » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:00 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:there are several qualified places where you can send them your slide and they'll do it turn it around in about 7 days price is $ 250 ish, I wouldn't trust a local guy who " might " be able to do it, there are companies that already have jigs made that correctly hold the parts and have done hundreds of slides for exactly what you are asking for .....I have the name of 2 places at work but cant get it for ya till Monday

ask me how we learned the hard way ](*,) went with a recommendation from the guys at Kent sight , some idiot named Dewey Waver in Harvest, AL ....long story short....the cutter on the mill slung a Wilson Slide out of the vice, onto the floor and ruined it, he tried to weld or braze the corner of the slide and re-machine it , total hack job, took our money and never said anything hoping it would pass [-(
Sorry to hear about your experience. I thought of asking for a local just in case anyone had a good experience, but shipping it, is not an issue to get it done right.

rlora

Post by rlora » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:02 pm

captain steinbrenner wrote:Suarez sells red dot ready slides, I just wish they did't have that big Suarez International banner on the side... :ham'r
They do have pre-cut ready slides, but not for a 26 gen 4, and anyway I'm with you in that I don't particularly like the engraving of the Suarez on it either.

rlora

Post by rlora » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Dave M wrote:L&m in north carolina now, used to be in phoenix. He has done one for me and the guy is good
Mark housel

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk
Is it http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/ ?

rlora

Post by rlora » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 pm

captain steinbrenner wrote:I could be wrong but I think it's milled onto the receiver.
Looks like it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
It is.