Okeechobee outdoor range

Post Reply
Trouter3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:45 pm
Location: Palm Beach County

Okeechobee outdoor range

Post by Trouter3 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:55 am

Another enjoyable experience shooting both rifle and pistol at this facility, I don't know why
People go elsewhere and put up with all the off the wall bulls#*t that they have to experience, the range officer, George, a personable gentlemen is in charge and there is no doubt when he speaks you listen. We spent a good three hours there, a lot of flooding at the range and adjacent property and temps where in the upper 40 s sweat shirt weather, wish I had shooting gloves ..they now electronic registration and a waiver that has to be signed ..considering its 1 hour drive from WPB it's well worth the trek ...BTW go during the week, the weekends are crazy there ..... _: _:

/:f /:f /:f

User avatar
avmech
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2038
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:46 pm
Location: Jupiter, FL

Re: Okeechobee outdoor range

Post by avmech » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:07 pm

Long time member there, since before they opened (they were taking memberships early). Full name is Okeechobee Shooting Sports. I say that because there is also OK Corral very close to it, also outdoors.

User avatar
cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: west palm beach

Re: Okeechobee outdoor range

Post by cubanstang50 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Trouter3 wrote:Another enjoyable experience shooting both rifle and pistol at this facility, I don't know why
People go elsewhere and put up with all the off the wall bulls#*t that they have to experience, the range officer, George, a personable gentlemen is in charge and there is no doubt when he speaks you listen. We spent a good three hours there, a lot of flooding at the range and adjacent property and temps where in the upper 40 s sweat shirt weather, wish I had shooting gloves ..they now electronic registration and a waiver that has to be signed ..considering its 1 hour drive from WPB it's well worth the trek ...BTW go during the week, the weekends are crazy there ..... _: _:

/:f /:f /:f
Shhhh! Dont tell anyone about this place so it doesnt get ruined by the miami mafia [smilie=011.gif] . I only go during the week. I have had the range to myself and the wife before. 3-4 hours of peace, felt pretty damn good and george is great to. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

Trouter3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:45 pm
Location: Palm Beach County

Re: Okeechobee outdoor range

Post by Trouter3 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:21 pm

Right you are, that was a misprint, should have read go on the weekends, it's a mob scene during the week ....

:---) :---) :---)

User avatar
Boca_Tim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 am
Location: Boca Raton

Re: Okeechobee outdoor range

Post by Boca_Tim » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:07 am

Plus for OSP .... has anyone used OK Corral down the road?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2124
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:29 pm
Location: west palm beach

Re: Okeechobee outdoor range

Post by cubanstang50 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Boca_Tim wrote:Plus for OSP .... has anyone used OK Corral down the road?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That place is awsome too. I go there to shoot uspsa matches when ever i am off for it.
3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

User avatar
molivo
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 10987
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:17 am
Location: St. Lucie
Contact:

Re: Okeechobee outdoor range

Post by molivo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:12 am

I must have been super unlucky the day i went, because it was the worst range day of my life.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Re: Okeechobee outdoor range

Post by 870Mike » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:44 pm

molivo wrote:I must have been super unlucky the day i went, because it was the worst range day of my life.
Do tell... [smilie=popcorn.gif]
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

Post Reply