Anyone been to Cecil Webb lately?

draggindakota
Executive Member
Executive Member

Anyone been to Cecil Webb lately?

Post by draggindakota » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:05 pm

I've only been there once, many years ago. Then it didn't come off as a particularly safe place to shoot. (No RO to be found an a lot of hold-your-pants-up-throw-your-bullets type shooting).

Has it improved at all? I know the renovated a few years ago. One more question: do they have sand bags on the rifle range to use or do I need to bring my own? I need to sight in a new to me rifle.
Why would you want to give away any of your rights or freedoms? Just because one jack wagon doesn't have an elevator worth Andre 3000 doesn't mean that I should have my privileges taken away.

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Anyone been to Cecil Webb lately?

Post by NonConformist » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:19 pm

Been a few years, but last time it was range-nazi palooza. I'd rather not have ROs at all if that's their MO
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Post by boomboom » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:37 pm

Bring your own bags.

I've gone a few times over the last couple years and there has been a RO there every time. Very orderly shooting. A couple times a month they allow auto or rapid fire.
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:13 am

boomboom wrote:Bring your own bags.

I've gone a few times over the last couple years and there has been a RO there every time. Very orderly shooting. A couple times a month they allow auto or rapid fire.
Used to be everyday we did that there, never an issue. Then some crybaby ruined it...
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:26 am

I've only been there once, many years ago. Then it didn't come off as a particularly safe place to shoot.
but last time it was range-nazi palooza.
The second complaint is probably due to an over reaction to the first one.
Bureaucrats just over react.
That's their real job.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

jmikeb653
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jmikeb653 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:02 pm

i was just there Sunday 1-11. There was a RO present, and it was a bit busy due to it being Sunday 1pm. Wait time on the rifle range was about an hour and a little longer on the pistol range. We split into 2 groups and got in line at both ranges [ 6 adults and 2 kids ] and everybody had fun and got some trigger time with both pistols and rifles.
"Try never to run out of smokes, ammo and luck all at the same time. But remember, if you have ammo, you can always get more smokes, and make your own luck."—G.K. Shirpa
wakkoss wrote:
" Good thing for me that I don't wear panties. I freeball with support from a small glob of firm tofu."

birdman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by birdman » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:21 pm

I've been using C-W for a number of years, both before the RO's and now with them. The difference is astounding. I've heard some horror stories about the RO's, but never experienced anything there myself that wasn't called for, in my estimation they're rather lax....but what do I know. I've shot at over 100 ranges around the country from MA, to CA, to AZ (used to travel for a living & always tried to locate a nearby range during my down time..)

My complaints about Cecil-Webb are twofold. First it's crowded, if you can't go during the week you're going to wait. The other is that the target distances are fixed with 7 yds being the closest on the pistol range. Other than that I think it's pretty decent...& you can't beat the price unless the range is in your back yard.

Allan
Our FREEDOM rests on 4 boxes:
Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Cartridge
NRA Certified Instructor
offering CCW classes as well

Nimble1

Post by Nimble1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:19 am

We were there a few weeks ago on a Monday and it was pretty busy. Only waited 30 mins or so to shoot at the pistol range. The RO was a young guy that was pretty nice and ran the range OK.
The long range rifle range was still under construction/repair.
This time of year with the snowbirds, you are going to have a wait no matter what but its still a good place to shoot.

draggindakota
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by draggindakota » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:03 am

Thanks for the reports guys. Looks like I'm going to go try it out when I find some time.
Why would you want to give away any of your rights or freedoms? Just because one jack wagon doesn't have an elevator worth Andre 3000 doesn't mean that I should have my privileges taken away.

cdi919
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by cdi919 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:55 pm

I know I'm necroposting but I was at the range today and now they make you sign in and have your hand stamped. They did not ask for id. They did add archery range.
Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most.