Trail Glades Price Hike

drshame

Trail Glades Price Hike

Post by drshame » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Just raised from $9 to $12 + Tax.
Never heard 1 word of a proposed price hike....was it all done with NO public notice or discussion?
WTF?
They'e openly blaming "Obama Care" for it and say they haven't had a price hike in 14 years.
I call this TOTAL BULLSHIT...they raised prices a few years ago, and a few years before that.
There are kid's discounts but no price break for retirees....that's age discrimination!
Anyone else care?

crsny

Re: Trail Glades Price Hike

Post by crsny » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:01 am

I agree that's age discrimination against retirees.

Did anyone hear of this in the past as a proposal prior to being implemented?

What's next $20 an hour and you must use the county ammo only?

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:10 am

I seem to recall at least 3 price hikes.First it was about $5, then $7.25-ish, and then $9.75?. That was about all I cared to pay. Now $12? Gettin' a bit stiff for retired guys & minimum wage workers.
The County gives discounts for their other services, but not this one? Doesn't sound right.
There's a storm coming.

drshame

Post by drshame » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:02 pm

I'll check on getting the name/phone number for the head of the parks' department.
Maybe a re-education campaign is called for.
At least consider the same prices for youngsters and oldsters to be far.
I've supported that range thru thick and thing for 40 years...aid a ton 'o taxes as a Dade Resident...I'd like to see some consideration for oldsters to keep them in the game..the same as youngsters to get them started.

doriftu

Post by doriftu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:16 pm

They supposedly had a sign up conveying the new pricing before the effective date. However, I didn't see it myself until the day that it went into place.

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:08 pm

czharry wrote:I seem to recall at least 3 price hikes.First it was about $5, then $7.25-ish, and then $9.75?. That was about all I cared to pay. Now $12? Gettin' a bit stiff for retired guys & minimum wage workers.
The County gives discounts for their other services, but not this one? Doesn't sound right.
s';t you better stay out of Broward then.. :ham'r

DoralJoe
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by DoralJoe » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:34 am

33% hike overnight is worrysome to me. I guess people are going to start shooting in their back yards now.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM!!!!
-Joe

g34man
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g34man » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:09 am

The price was $8 about 4 years ago. So you are right this is the 2nd hike. I didn't hear anything about it before the change. I thought Obamacare was to save money [smilie=042.gif] .

drshame

Post by drshame » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 pm

Please let the Parks' folks know this was not handled correctly without any public input.
If anyone knows, post the Best Number to call or Email the Parks' Folks that patrons should have a say in the decision process too..since WE PAY FOR IT ALL, including THEIR SALARIES!!!

DoralJoe
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by DoralJoe » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:31 am

The short guy with the big beard also mentioned OBAMA CARE. The county is paying off The insurance premiums with the money they make from us shooters. It's like an alcohol or cigarette tax. They see shooting as a vice, they tax it and spend the money on social programs.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM!!!!
-Joe

drshame

Post by drshame » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:24 pm

It's in Pepe Diaz's District, let him know how you feel about the 30% price hike and total lack of public input.

jim640
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jim640 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:54 pm

drshame wrote:It's in Pepe Diaz's District, let him know how you feel about the 30% price hike and total lack of public input.
Agree. The guy has an A rating from the NRA. He might actually give a crap about the matter.
NRA Life Member
SAF Supporter

rug357

Post by rug357 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:12 am

Last time I went to Trail Glades range was around Thanksgiving Day in 2009 and it was $9 and change...I'm very sure of that as I paid for everybody that came with me. I'm not sure what the fee has been since. I believe the intention to raise the fee is usually noted in the county budget which is accessible to the public and then get discussed by the county commissioners for weeks on end until some agreement is reached. Despite the raise in fee I bet they are still far from being financially sustainable.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

jollymon32
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jollymon32 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:38 pm

$3 raise of over 5 years. Yeah, that will definitely break the bank.

I get the retired thing and all. But The world does not revolve around retired people. On the contrary it is expecting to phase them out. I saw this firsthand when I was at a brand new bank branch. The layout, instead of having humans serving the walk in customers, have computer screens where the walk in customer does all of the interacting with. There are some tellers available for when there are problems. I asked the branch manager if there was any pushback with this type of layout. She responded "only the old people. But they will soon be dying off." At first I was taken aback by how stark and direct this comment was. But after further reflection, I realized she was spot on. You build new things not for the outgoing generation but for the one that follows.

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:52 pm

jollymon32 wrote:$3 raise of over 5 years. Yeah, that will definitely break the bank.

I get the retired thing and all. But The world does not revolve around retired people. On the contrary it is expecting to phase them out. I saw this firsthand when I was at a brand new bank branch. The layout, instead of having humans serving the walk in customers, have computer screens where the walk in customer does all of the interacting with. There are some tellers available for when there are problems. I asked the branch manager if there was any pushback with this type of layout. She responded "only the old people. But they will soon be dying off." At first I was taken aback by how stark and direct this comment was. But after further reflection, I realized she was spot on. You build new things not for the outgoing generation but for the one that follows.
s';t outside Markham there's nothing in broward at $12 except ranges that make you buy their ammo

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:57 pm

While we would enjoy a so-called discount, the fact is, TGR is not a $12 range (maybe on the weekends), it's a $10 county range at best.
There's a storm coming.

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:26 pm

czharry wrote:While we would enjoy a so-called discount, the fact is, TGR is not a $12 range (maybe on the weekends), it's a $10 county range at best.
And y'all rag on me for being a cheap jew....$2 really lol

limestonecowboy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by limestonecowboy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:42 pm

drshame wrote: There are kid's discounts but no price break for retirees....that's age discrimination!
Price breaks for anyone is age discrimination!
They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.

drshame

Post by drshame » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:55 pm

"Price breaks for anyone is age discrimination!"

+1

And there was NO PUBIC DISCUSSION from I know about this issue at Trail Glades.
And it remains one of the only MONEY MAKERS for the Parks' Folks.
Most other facilities LOSE money.

PLUS we get NOTHING EXTRA for the higher fees.
No additional hours.
They even removed the water coolers for staff and patrons.
I'll gladly pay higher prices for an improved experience.
But don;t charge me more for the same old s';t.

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:20 am

FSUnoles wrote:
czharry wrote:While we would enjoy a so-called discount, the fact is, TGR is not a $12 range (maybe on the weekends), it's a $10 county range at best.
And y'all rag on me for being a cheap jew....$2 really lol
To be clear, I thought the $9.75 they were charging before was too much.
There's a storm coming.