czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Concealed Carry Update at Stone Hart. No more CC

Post by czharry » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:47 pm

Stone Hart customers screw themselves.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Dear Members and Friends,

Over the past six months, Stone Hart's removed signs prohibiting concealed carry within our retail facility in an effort to appeal to our concealed carry community. However, after observing some innocent, yet potentially unsafe handling of concealed firearms by some of our less experienced concealed carry community, Stone Hart's will respectfully require that customers please observe a No Concealed Carry policy within our retail facility. This is consistent with all other ranges we have consulted.

All firearms should be brought into the store in a proper gun bag or case.

We continue to respect our concealed carry community's right to carry and will continue to encourage more shooters to embrace this option through our wide range of safety classes.

Sincerely,
The Management Team at Stone Hart's Gun Club & Indoor Range
305-255-4884
There's a storm coming.

freezerman1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Concealed Carry Update at Stone Hart. No more CC

Post by freezerman1 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:38 am

Always wanted to stop there, now I have no reason to. Gun store banning concealed carry is an epic fail.
Last edited by freezerman1 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

gunbuilder69
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gunbuilder69 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:43 am

Sincerly,Stone fart can go f/;k their mothers!
I mean that with the utmost respect to the good folks who continue to go there for whatever reason. They have adopted a policy of "having instructors creds on file" as well as requiring a copy of the "bonding insurance company" . This is just juvenile and assinine. there is no mass instruction going on ,its not possible to have a large class there and they start getting uppity like this? I dont see who needs that B.S.
When asked why this stupid tactic, they responded "Aces does it!" so from now on they get treated like Aces. I'll stick to shooting at Henry's and TG combat range.
Its only a wuss caliber until I shoot you with it

speed_racer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by speed_racer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:26 am

This makes no f#;.,/g sense... Just bc you can CC in a place... doesn't allow for these situations to present themselves...

If Im CC when I go to the range the CC weapon stays CC the ENTIRE time. Never brought out to be hold.

How about they just modified it that a CC must REMAIN Concealed.... Problem solved

Seems like they were being too lax about whats technically allowed.
Onree wrote: If the law becomes nothing more than a Rubik's Cube, its just a matter of time before we all end up in cuffs.

Palmguy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Palmguy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 am

speed_racer wrote:This makes no f#;.,/g sense... Just bc you can CC in a place... doesn't allow for these situations to present themselves...

If Im CC when I go to the range the CC weapon stays CC the ENTIRE time. Never brought out to be hold.

How about they just modified it that a CC must REMAIN Concealed.... Problem solved

Seems like they were being too lax about whats technically allowed.
Agreed.

East Orange has a sign stating something to the effect of "any firearms that you intend to handle inside should be safe and unloaded. if you are uncomfortable doing so, leave your gun in the car and come inside and ask for help".

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:17 am

I was there one time for their opening. It's a nice range. Bit pricey for by-the-hour range time, but that's besides the point.
I had to wait for about 30 or 40 minutes because of the crowd. During that time I noticed a few guys that liked to (overly) brag about what they carried, what guns they owned. At the time I didn't actually see anyone unholster, but there were a few lifting of shirts. I couldn't understand what they were saying, except for when a brand name or caliber was thrown out there.

When SH says; "... after observing some innocent, yet potentially unsafe handling of concealed firearms by some of our less experienced concealed carry community,..." , my guess is that a few customers were getting a bit too comfortable hanging out at the store and started to "unholster" to show friends or others what they were carrying. Since CC weapons are usually loaded, that was the "unsafe condition". That's just not allowed there, or any other gun shop, I suppose. SH worried about the liability end, so everyone gets punished for the stupidity of a few.

They have a FB page if you want to voice your displeasure to the new rule.
https://www.facebook.com/stonehartsgunclub?ref=profile

Image 500 rnd brick.
There's a storm coming.

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 pm

another not pro gun pro gun business.
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

freezerman1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by freezerman1 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:49 pm

=D>
NonConformist wrote:another not pro gun pro gun business.
=D>

DannyFL

Post by DannyFL » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Palmguy wrote:
Agreed.

East Orange has a sign stating something to the effect of "any firearms that you intend to handle inside should be safe and unloaded. if you are uncomfortable doing so, leave your gun in the car and come inside and ask for help".
I've never seen this at any ranges I've been to but seems like a very good idea. Your EDC will stay concealed and you can shoot whatever you bring in your range bag. If you want to shoot your EDC, unholster, unload, stuff in the bag (before you walk in) and haul it in...

miamitj
Life Member
Life Member

Post by miamitj » Tue May 06, 2014 6:13 am

They had an idiot have an ND. The way I look at it, I still CCW when I go and so should you. But, if this keeps the idiots from CCW im ok with it.

There are some really good guys running/working that place and they dont deserve smack.
Omi R.

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Tue May 06, 2014 9:45 am

I'd agree with this. From when I was there, the impression I got from the owners, was that they are very friendly and helpful, which makes for a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere. Maybe too laid back. It could be that a few clients just acted like they were at home, and got sloppy.
That's just supposition on my part, I wasn't actually there when it happened.
There's a storm coming.

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Tue May 06, 2014 4:33 pm

czharry wrote:I was there one time for their opening. It's a nice range. Bit pricey for by-the-hour range time, but that's besides the point.
I had to wait for about 30 or 40 minutes because of the crowd. During that time I noticed a few guys that liked to (overly) brag about what they carried, what guns they owned. At the time I didn't actually see anyone unholster, but there were a few lifting of shirts. I couldn't understand what they were saying, except for when a brand name or caliber was thrown out there.

When SH says; "... after observing some innocent, yet potentially unsafe handling of concealed firearms by some of our less experienced concealed carry community,..." , my guess is that a few customers were getting a bit too comfortable hanging out at the store and started to "unholster" to show friends or others what they were carrying. Since CC weapons are usually loaded, that was the "unsafe condition". That's just not allowed there, or any other gun shop, I suppose. SH worried about the liability end, so everyone gets punished for the stupidity of a few.

Image 500 rnd brick.
Wow that's a bargain

Que the economics lesson by wulfftard in 5 4 3 2 1...

jim640
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jim640 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 pm

^^^^ doesn't look like they have a problem with the "one brick per customer" rule. [smilie=011.gif]
NRA Life Member
SAF Supporter

jollymon32
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jollymon32 » Wed May 07, 2014 7:53 pm

FSUnoles wrote:
czharry wrote:I was there one time for their opening. It's a nice range. Bit pricey for by-the-hour range time, but that's besides the point.

Image 500 rnd brick.
Wow that's a bargain

Que the economics lesson by wulfftard in 5 4 3 2 1...
See the ammo in the picture? There is a reason why it's there, it is priced at market. You will not hoard or buy for resale when it is priced correctly.