Another ho hum WPB gun show.

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Another ho hum WPB gun show.

Postby P5 guy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:28 am

Remember when everyone was raving about 'Georgia Arms Canned Heat'?
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

jollymon32
Executive Member
Executive Member

Postby jollymon32 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:24 am

I stopped buying ammo when I got my 550. Now I have a 650 as well. I am in the camp of not shooting anyone else's reloads - I cannot vouch for their quality control, what components they use, or their recipie.

After loading over 21K rounds in the past 18 months, I have not had a single jam, FTF, or squib. And after a thousand rounds fired through my pistol, when I clean it, it is not a carbony gooky mess. The reliability and cleanliness all attributed to using high quality powders, case gauging all rounds, and the visual inspection of every case for a powder load - factors out of your control when you buy someone else's reloads.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tector » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:10 am

To me shooting purchased reloads is like f#;.,/g some unknown chick without a condom--it may work out great, it may not. But If it doesn't, you really don't have a right to complain afterwards--comes with the territory.

Also, never really liked Georgia Arms for even their new stuff--had too many issues with their new 10mm ammo. YMMV.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

philasteen

Postby philasteen » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Even large scale reloaders have more than their share of QC problems. I will stick to factory.

Back on track to the original theme - if reloaders keep shows in business why are 98% of the tables not full of reloads?

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Postby N4KVE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:12 am

Just to add, Miami this past weekend was so much better. Parking lot was packed, but the aisles were not mobbed. The vendors I spoke to did much better than the weekend before in WPB. And those Cuban gals know how to dress. The tops were 2 sizes too small, & the pants were made by Krylon. GARY.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Postby 870Mike » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:46 pm

N4KVE wrote: And those Cuban gals know how to dress. The tops were 2 sizes too small, & the pants were made by Krylon. GARY.

Damn...now I'm going to have to check out the Miami show. Thanks. =:bye
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

Postby cvasqu03 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Yeah, but the Miami show sucked for me. I took my reloading manual because I needed to buy some powder and primers and wanted to remain flexible. As it turned out, only one vendor was selling powder and primers, and he didn't have the primers I needed and the only powder he had was some new brand that I've never heard of.
If you're going to knock a man down, do it so he can't get up.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Postby molivo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:59 am

N4KVE wrote:
RalphS wrote:or unless Khaled buys the show. GARY.

This isn't a issue of gunshow promoter doing a lousy job issue, it's a market change. No Hillary/Democrat control = No sense of urgency to buy. This is the pendulum swinging the other way, and it'll eventually stabilize. It's the same as the housing crisis. People were feverently buying like crazy, houses and lots went up 200-300%, then the bottom fell out...Houses become drastically cheaper, and eventually everything stabilized for the most part.

I like Khalid, he's a great business man, but your constant online singing of his praises is boarderline stalkerish...I, for one, can't understand how he hasn't shut that down unless he just doesn't read the forums, Which I am pretty sure he does...His business model speaks for itself. I wouldn't think he'd need you to run around constantly trumpeting his feats.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Postby N4KVE » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:52 am

Why do the same dealers who were at WPB last week sell 25-40% more guns in Miami? I realize it's summer, Trump won etc, but it is a fact. Bill puts up a few billboards near the venue, while I see TV ads, & hear radio ads in WPB for the Miami show. Bill loads his show with jewelry, shaving products, glasses products, radiator hose repair products, as well as a table for the local titty bar. Who wants to see all this crap at a gun show? At KHALED's shows, it's ALL gun related products, or you're not in the show. He does allow Mort to sell beef jerky, so people can have a snack. Several times this year, Miami & WPB were the same weekend, & look where the vendors who wanted to make $ went.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tector » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:45 am

These things used to be cyclical--I have attended MIA, FTL and WPB guns shows regularly forever (although now less than I used to). I can remember various points in time when each of them of was the best of the bunch. Right now, WPB is sucking hind tit. FTL has structural issues (the facility) that impair it somewhat, so it gets the middle slot. MIA is the best. Making it about the personalities of the promoters is pointless. It just is.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Postby N4KVE » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:58 am

tector wrote:MIA is the best. Making it about the personalities of the promoters is pointless. It just is.
Tector, I respect your opinion, but it's not about personalities of the promoter. It's about their MO. One show is every 3-4 weeks, does very little advertising, dilutes the show with tables full of stuff that has nothing to do with firearms, and very narrow aisles to walk in. The other show is every 6-8 weeks so customers have more time to save $ to spend at the show, spends way more for advertising, only allows products directly related to firearms, and has wide aisles because he does not oversell the tables. Without mentioning names, I'm sure you know who is who. [smilie=cheers1.gif] GARY

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Postby tector » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:10 am

N4KVE wrote:
tector wrote:MIA is the best. Making it about the personalities of the promoters is pointless. It just is.
Tector, I respect your opinion, but it's not about personalities of the promoter. It's about their MO. One show is every 3-4 weeks, does very little advertising, dilutes the show with tables full of stuff that has nothing to do with firearms, and very narrow aisles to walk in. The other show is every 6-8 weeks so customers have more time to save $ to spend at the show, spends way more for advertising, only allows products directly related to firearms, and has wide aisles because he does not oversell the tables. Without mentioning names, I'm sure you know who is who. [smilie=cheers1.gif] GARY

I don't disagree, it is just the shows speak for themselves. Before Khaled ever owned any show, WPB was tanking. In fact, I trace it's downfall to when Florida Gun Exchange left, several years ago. The competition between them and Shoot Straight really led to good deals on new guns, better than online or any store. I really can't be bothered to schlep up to WPB for this crap show any more.

If somebody lives in PBG or Jupiter, yeah, they aren't going to go to Miami. But from Central Broward on down, it is a no brainer.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Postby N4KVE » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:20 am

tector wrote: I trace it's downfall to when Florida Gun Exchange left, several years ago. The competition between them and Shoot Straight really led to good deals on new guns
You hit the nail right on the head. And now that they are both gone, the show is crap. It's like a shopping mall losing both their anchor tenants. [smilie=011.gif] GARY

Return to “South Florida”