Video of Room Clearing Course in Boca Raton, Fl

Standby

Video of Room Clearing Course in Boca Raton, Fl

Post by Standby » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:50 pm

https://youtu.be/JagR-D2eOno

A students perspective from our Florid Firearms Training "Home Defense Room Clearing Course". He has a lot to learn, but did very well concidering this is his first run after just 4 hours of training. This two day course is only held twice a year with very limited space. Next available spots are in our August 5th & 6th class. Get more details or book your place by calling us on 561-450-9586 or online at http://www.floridafirearmstraining.com
http://www.floridafirearmstraining.com
561 450 9586

"There is no problem so great that a well placed .308 will not cure."

rug357

Re: Video of Room Clearing Course in Boca Raton, Fl

Post by rug357 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:28 pm

That looks fun but in what situation would a civilian be clearing rooms? Having done couple of man-on-man scenarios with paintball guns in past I come to realize there is no way to not get shot when clearing rooms.

Years ago I came home from work and found my front door unlocked and my garage door open. First thing I did was call my wife on the cellular phone and make sure she wasn't in the house and then called the police. They came with a K9 unit and cleared my house. Someone broke into my house but didn't take anything as there was nothing in the house to take...we had moved in just few days earlier so nothing was brought over.

There is no way in hell I'm clearing any rooms in my house or anywhere else...unless I could use frag grenades and shoot through walls with large caliber weapons before entering.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

Standby

Post by Standby » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:50 am

Rug357, Very good point Sir. You are correct, you (or any other sane person) would never choose to clear a house on your own, in your scenario you did exactly the right thing. But what we teach (room clearing) could just as well be deployed to get OUT of a building, get out of a house, mall active shooter situation etc. What if you woke up at 3am to gun shots and your kid screaming "help" ? ... I know ...its not going to happen, so why wear a seat belt, why carry a gun, why practice drawing from concealed, why use a crash helmet, why have insurance, why lock you door...if its never going to happen?

My point is having knowledge and skill sets that give you options, can give you a fighting chance in an otherwise single option scenario. It's a bit like learning vehicle tactics...do you need them (hopefully not) but knowing how is always better than not knowing. I hear what your saying about your previous training...If it taught you that you do not have not chance...it was NOT the best training (in my honest opinion) you ALWAYS have options, in fact it's ALL you have in life. Last but not least, this training is a blast, eye opening and thought inducing taught by seasoned guys that have "been there, done that for real".

Having said that if you see no value in such training, don't do it. There is nothing worse for an instructor than having a student that says and believes in "can't". That's the great thing about living in the greatest country in the world, freedom...in this case freedom of choice!
http://www.floridafirearmstraining.com
561 450 9586

"There is no problem so great that a well placed .308 will not cure."

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:37 pm

I wouldn't take the course, except for fun or pre-training for future employment.
However, I cleared my own house one time because the absurdly fat-ass Homestead cop would not. He walked in, then back out, stating that he was allergic to cats, then went back inside his air-conditioned car to do paperwork. I think the only thing this huge fat-ass was allergic to, was work.
In a low crouch, I slid into the front kitchen, got a pistol (hidden) I had been working on, then went room to room, then finally to the attic, because the hatch was open and a ladder was up. (fat-ass was still in his car).

I didn't know better, and should have done what Rug did. In retrospect, an hour later, I should have called the station and asked them to send a real cop to do the job.
There's a storm coming.

cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cubanstang50 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:57 pm

This is great training for everyone. The more you do it the more you will learn. Rug, you said you wouldnt clear your house and i respect that. But no way in hell will i ever let anyone other than me clear my house. This is as long as i am the first one on sense. I know the layout of my house better than anyone else, i know the shadows and what noise might be comming from where ever. Yes, you have to acknowledge and come to terms that you can/will take a round but i will still take that chance. Experience will dictate how far you will go. As a police officer its different. You have the means for backup so use it.
3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

rug357

Post by rug357 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:48 pm

cubanstang50 wrote: no way in hell will i ever let anyone other than me clear my house
Why is that? A properly trained K9 team can clear a house quickly and thoroughly...much quicker and much more thoroughly than just one or two humans can do it. Back in the 80's my father had empty large residential property where two local police department K9 units used to practice finding 1 or 2 hidden people and K9 units would clear it in just few minutes and never miss anyone.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cubanstang50 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:12 pm

rug357 wrote:
cubanstang50 wrote: no way in hell will i ever let anyone other than me clear my house
Why is that? A properly trained K9 team can clear a house quickly and thoroughly...much quicker and much more thoroughly than just one or two humans can do it. Back in the 80's my father had empty large residential property where two local police department K9 units used to practice finding 1 or 2 hidden people and K9 units would clear it in just few minutes and never miss anyone.
Thats just me man. I just cant. I know everything bad that can happen but i still want to clear my own house.
3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.