I Target

Discussions and Reviews of Training of all types. Firearms, Unarmed, Edged and Improvised Weapons.
AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

I Target

Post by AirForceShooter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:23 am

Anybody use an I Target setup for dry fire practice?
Saw one at the last gun show and was sort of interested.

Thanks

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Re: I Target

Post by g.willikers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 am

Not being familiar with this system, I found this video explaining it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fI6w3KAYyw
There's some short comings to it; it requires a smartphone and app and resetting the slide for each shot, for striker fired pistols.
A blowback airsoft gun that mimics your real one would be more realistic.
Especially for those of us who don't already have a smart phone.
I still use an old fashioned flip phone.
Just a thought.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Post by AirForceShooter » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am

Have the smart phone
shoot 1911 style pistols so it's just Cockadoodledoo the hammer

Looking for someone to tell me if it's effective or not

But thanks

AFS
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 pm

I bought one of these a few years ago, when they 1st came out & I was recovering from heart failure. (Long story) It works exactly as shown in the vids but the setup is a little fiddly & takes some futzing around until you get the hang of it. Not a deal breaker though. Fairly easy after you've done it a time or two.

It uses the (probably rebranded) LaserLyte trainer cartridges which is great if you already have one like I did in 9mm. When I ordered the ITarget, I specified the .223 cartridge which works well with the LaserLyte targets too.
It's great for teaching new shooters or kids (no recoil) or practicing trigger control/accuracy. Also good for mapping out & practicing likely shoot angles in your house in preparation for worst case scenarios. Especially when used with other laser targets like LaserLyte and others.

I have since bought LaserLyte trainers in .45acp & 7.62x39 & between the ITarget & LaserLyte targets, I can set up my living room like a poor man's Hickok45 back yard. Great for a rainy day or when friends are over or just for the hell of it.

The kit comes with a plastic, adjustable target stand which also holds your smartphone in position. You download the software & allow it to access your phone's camera, then hang up the included bullseye target on the stand. The software is slightly clunky but manageable, & they're not kidding about setting the sensitivity on it. When I first set mine up it was registering hits like a slamfire because of the ceiling lights. Dimming the sensitivity fixed it easily.

The laserlyte trainer cartridges are not cheap but they figure on 5000 or more shots per set of batteries... and it comes with a 2nd set of batteries. Lots cheaper than actual ammo & I reload. One warning though, the 4 rules still apply - never look into it or shoot it in someone's eye. It is a real laser just like fiber optic cable and will put a permanent black dot in your vision.

That's all I got for now. I like mine but haven't used it in over a year. If anyone has questions it'll give me a good reason to set it back up again play.

Hope this helps. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992