Page 1 of 1

Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:09 pm
by bill2740
THE big ONE at the CENTER. Will any Glock GUN Docs be there?

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:59 pm
by mid-age
Went today and it was a big mistake. It cost $8.00 to park and $14.00 to get in. Once in almost everybody had sky high prices on their junk and I mean junk. Most of the older guns has rust on them. One vendor has a rusty post war Mauser HSc with an after market mag for $600.00 and another one had a very used Beretta 1934 with two magazine and holster for $1500.00. This show use to have nice old guns at decent prices and two rooms but not any more. Just one room. As for modern plastic guns just go to your nearest gun store and buy it there. You will save the $22.00 to get in.

Mid-age

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:15 pm
by tector
This show survives on old farts' memories of what used to be. If you live nearby, fine. But not worth a drive from any substantial distance, and hasn't been for years.

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:40 am
by Cardboard_killer
mid-age wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:59 pm
Went today and it was a big mistake. It cost $8.00 to park and $14.00 to get in.
I was going to skip anyway, but only one room would have kept me away. That really sucks.

About the price to get in, though, last show they were taking the price of parking off the ticket price, so if you went alone, you parked for $8 but then got in for $6 with your parking ticket. There are places nearby to park and walk that would save the parking cost, at least on Sunday.

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:10 am
by pharmer
That was my last trip. I wouldn't have gone except for a meetup on a gun deal. The LRPC members are on life support as is the show. Khaled (Shoot Straight) now owns Florida concerning gun shows (Orlando to Miami anyway). A 1 hour backup on I 4 to get home sealed it for me. Joe

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm
by P5 guy
Back in the 1990s I used to look forward to this show like an 8 year old looked forward to Christmas.
It is a sad shadow of its former self. The last show I went to was a couple of years ago and the disappointment was great. Driving from St Pete to Lakeland isn't a fun drive either way one takes with all the road destruction.
I'll stick to the Manatee Center Florida gun show from now on.
I bump into a few friends there and walking the aisles looking for the scarce bargain.
[smilie=012.gif]

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:31 pm
by weaselfire
pharmer wrote:That was my last trip. I wouldn't have gone except for a meetup on a gun deal. The LRPC members are on life support as is the show. Khaled (Shoot Straight) now owns Florida concerning gun shows (Orlando to Miami anyway). A 1 hour backup on I 4 to get home sealed it for me. Joe
Not sure about Suncoast Gun Shows either. Fort Myers was $6 parking and $11 entrance and no real deals there either. Same junk and unrealistic prices, even saw 50 rounds of CCI Standard .22LR marked $14. Even 100 round boxes are overpriced at that.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk


Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 pm
by indy1919a4
Geez, I most have gone into a different show.. I liked it.. I thought there was a lot of nice guns,, and this show was only half as big as the next one..

Picked up a Nice Mauser and Enfield.... I Thought there was a nice selection.

Now the parking price was crap.. and I think there are a few ways around that, but this was the 1st time there and did not have time to hunt up a deal.. will do better next time

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am
by weaselfire
indy1919a4 wrote:Geez, I most have gone into a different show.. I liked it.. I thought there was a lot of nice guns,, and this show was only half as big as the next one..

Picked up a Nice Mauser and Enfield.... I Thought there was a nice selection.

Now the parking price was crap.. and I think there are a few ways around that, but this was the 1st time there and did not have time to hunt up a deal.. will do better next time
I've been to the Fort Myers show many times over the last half decade or so and it has been better in the past. The standard dealers have decent merchandise, I usually hit Young's for reloading at good prices. But the ancillary dealers are gone and there are a ton of pawn shops and dealers selling used guns at prices I can do better on by walking in their store. Getting jaded I guess.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk


Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 pm
by indy1919a4
At every show there are deals and items that price shock.. you need to just find the first and avoid the latter and not allow the latter to bring you down...


weaselfire wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am
indy1919a4 wrote:Geez, I most have gone into a different show.. I liked it.. I thought there was a lot of nice guns,, and this show was only half as big as the next one..

Picked up a Nice Mauser and Enfield.... I Thought there was a nice selection.

Now the parking price was crap.. and I think there are a few ways around that, but this was the 1st time there and did not have time to hunt up a deal.. will do better next time
I've been to the Fort Myers show many times over the last half decade or so and it has been better in the past. The standard dealers have decent merchandise, I usually hit Young's for reloading at good prices. But the ancillary dealers are gone and there are a ton of pawn shops and dealers selling used guns at prices I can do better on by walking in their store. Getting jaded I guess.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:06 pm
by cdi919
indy1919a4 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 pm
At every show there are deals and items that price shock.. you need to just find the first and avoid the latter and not allow the latter to bring you down...


weaselfire wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am
indy1919a4 wrote:Geez, I most have gone into a different show.. I liked it.. I thought there was a lot of nice guns,, and this show was only half as big as the next one..

Picked up a Nice Mauser and Enfield.... I Thought there was a nice selection.

Now the parking price was crap.. and I think there are a few ways around that, but this was the 1st time there and did not have time to hunt up a deal.. will do better next time
I've been to the Fort Myers show many times over the last half decade or so and it has been better in the past. The standard dealers have decent merchandise, I usually hit Young's for reloading at good prices. But the ancillary dealers are gone and there are a ton of pawn shops and dealers selling used guns at prices I can do better on by walking in their store. Getting jaded I guess.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

the fort myers show is hit or miss. i have found deals even after sandy hook. you just have to take your time and look at every table. i was able to get a new baby eagle in 9mm for 300 OTD. i also got a new glock 19x for $100 below msrp at the feb show. also cash talks.most vendors dont want to let cash walk away since a lot of them now take debit and credit cards.