Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post Reply
bill2740
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 625
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:43 am
Location: Ocala, FL

Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by bill2740 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:09 pm

THE big ONE at the CENTER. Will any Glock GUN Docs be there?
Bill

Praise The Hardball Gun

mid-age
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:15 pm
Location: Polk County

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by mid-age » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Went today and it was a big mistake. It cost $8.00 to park and $14.00 to get in. Once in almost everybody had sky high prices on their junk and I mean junk. Most of the older guns has rust on them. One vendor has a rusty post war Mauser HSc with an after market mag for $600.00 and another one had a very used Beretta 1934 with two magazine and holster for $1500.00. This show use to have nice old guns at decent prices and two rooms but not any more. Just one room. As for modern plastic guns just go to your nearest gun store and buy it there. You will save the $22.00 to get in.

Mid-age

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14706
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by tector » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:15 pm

This show survives on old farts' memories of what used to be. If you live nearby, fine. But not worth a drive from any substantial distance, and hasn't been for years.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:40 am

mid-age wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:59 pm
Went today and it was a big mistake. It cost $8.00 to park and $14.00 to get in.
I was going to skip anyway, but only one room would have kept me away. That really sucks.

About the price to get in, though, last show they were taking the price of parking off the ticket price, so if you went alone, you parked for $8 but then got in for $6 with your parking ticket. There are places nearby to park and walk that would save the parking cost, at least on Sunday.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

pharmer
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:48 pm
Location: Saint Cloud, Florida

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by pharmer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:10 am

That was my last trip. I wouldn't have gone except for a meetup on a gun deal. The LRPC members are on life support as is the show. Khaled (Shoot Straight) now owns Florida concerning gun shows (Orlando to Miami anyway). A 1 hour backup on I 4 to get home sealed it for me. Joe
Deplorably Optimistic

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 4838
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:36 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by P5 guy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Back in the 1990s I used to look forward to this show like an 8 year old looked forward to Christmas.
It is a sad shadow of its former self. The last show I went to was a couple of years ago and the disappointment was great. Driving from St Pete to Lakeland isn't a fun drive either way one takes with all the road destruction.
I'll stick to the Manatee Center Florida gun show from now on.
I bump into a few friends there and walking the aisles looking for the scarce bargain.
[smilie=012.gif]
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

weaselfire
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by weaselfire » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:31 pm

pharmer wrote:That was my last trip. I wouldn't have gone except for a meetup on a gun deal. The LRPC members are on life support as is the show. Khaled (Shoot Straight) now owns Florida concerning gun shows (Orlando to Miami anyway). A 1 hour backup on I 4 to get home sealed it for me. Joe
Not sure about Suncoast Gun Shows either. Fort Myers was $6 parking and $11 entrance and no real deals there either. Same junk and unrealistic prices, even saw 50 rounds of CCI Standard .22LR marked $14. Even 100 round boxes are overpriced at that.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk


indy1919a4
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by indy1919a4 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Geez, I most have gone into a different show.. I liked it.. I thought there was a lot of nice guns,, and this show was only half as big as the next one..

Picked up a Nice Mauser and Enfield.... I Thought there was a nice selection.

Now the parking price was crap.. and I think there are a few ways around that, but this was the 1st time there and did not have time to hunt up a deal.. will do better next time

weaselfire
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by weaselfire » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am

indy1919a4 wrote:Geez, I most have gone into a different show.. I liked it.. I thought there was a lot of nice guns,, and this show was only half as big as the next one..

Picked up a Nice Mauser and Enfield.... I Thought there was a nice selection.

Now the parking price was crap.. and I think there are a few ways around that, but this was the 1st time there and did not have time to hunt up a deal.. will do better next time
I've been to the Fort Myers show many times over the last half decade or so and it has been better in the past. The standard dealers have decent merchandise, I usually hit Young's for reloading at good prices. But the ancillary dealers are gone and there are a ton of pawn shops and dealers selling used guns at prices I can do better on by walking in their store. Getting jaded I guess.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk


indy1919a4
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by indy1919a4 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 pm

At every show there are deals and items that price shock.. you need to just find the first and avoid the latter and not allow the latter to bring you down...


weaselfire wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am
indy1919a4 wrote:Geez, I most have gone into a different show.. I liked it.. I thought there was a lot of nice guns,, and this show was only half as big as the next one..

Picked up a Nice Mauser and Enfield.... I Thought there was a nice selection.

Now the parking price was crap.. and I think there are a few ways around that, but this was the 1st time there and did not have time to hunt up a deal.. will do better next time
I've been to the Fort Myers show many times over the last half decade or so and it has been better in the past. The standard dealers have decent merchandise, I usually hit Young's for reloading at good prices. But the ancillary dealers are gone and there are a ton of pawn shops and dealers selling used guns at prices I can do better on by walking in their store. Getting jaded I guess.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

User avatar
cdi919
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 736
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:44 am
Location: fort myers

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by cdi919 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:06 pm

indy1919a4 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 pm
At every show there are deals and items that price shock.. you need to just find the first and avoid the latter and not allow the latter to bring you down...


weaselfire wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 am
indy1919a4 wrote:Geez, I most have gone into a different show.. I liked it.. I thought there was a lot of nice guns,, and this show was only half as big as the next one..

Picked up a Nice Mauser and Enfield.... I Thought there was a nice selection.

Now the parking price was crap.. and I think there are a few ways around that, but this was the 1st time there and did not have time to hunt up a deal.. will do better next time
I've been to the Fort Myers show many times over the last half decade or so and it has been better in the past. The standard dealers have decent merchandise, I usually hit Young's for reloading at good prices. But the ancillary dealers are gone and there are a ton of pawn shops and dealers selling used guns at prices I can do better on by walking in their store. Getting jaded I guess.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

the fort myers show is hit or miss. i have found deals even after sandy hook. you just have to take your time and look at every table. i was able to get a new baby eagle in 9mm for 300 OTD. i also got a new glock 19x for $100 below msrp at the feb show. also cash talks.most vendors dont want to let cash walk away since a lot of them now take debit and credit cards.
Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most.

5532JWK
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:23 am
Location: JACKSONVILLE. FL

Re: Lakeland R&P Club Gun Show 4-14/15

Post by 5532JWK » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:59 pm

I have attended this show for the past 35 or so years but have not been in over two years. There was a time when I could drive down from Jacksonville and find quality stuff to add to my collection but the last time I went sealed it for me.
I was totally disappointed with the selection of junk on 90 percent of the tables. I don't mind paying the going rate to get in but I would like to be able to enjoy looking at quality collectible items rather than garbage. They won't ever see my nickel again.

Post Reply