Sunday Gun-Day Sept 24 th at HSC......all are welcome

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Sunday Gun-Day Sept 24 th at HSC......all are welcome

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:14 pm

[smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] Well gentlemen it's that time again late September should bring cooler temperatures and a fun day of shooting this event is hosted by my shop Gun Stock and Barrel and will be held at Hernando Sportsman's Club just north of Weeki Wachee Florida....

I can no longer invest time to put together FSN Forum shoots due to low participation, so I would like to invite you all to come out and join us.... this is a special event price at $20 per shooter...kids under 12 are half price ( but see restriction below ).....set up starts at 9am and shootings starts at 9:30 and we will end about 2:30.... this will be on the 200 yard line ....you are encouraged to bring plenty of ammo if you would like to play with any of our machine guns and we will do a little silencer demo about lunch time.. _:

This is a family event but please note the range has rules for children under 12 and restricts them to shooting only a 22 rifle [smilie=012.gif] ..... the concession stand will be open for food and drinks. =:e

You will need to bring targets and/or some type of target stand ( this is an open range) , 2x4 and cardboard will work fine, milk jugs, fire extinguishers, bowling pins, steel plates and gongs are fine......Tannerite is at RSO discretion.
Its just under a month away, we don't need a head count or a what you're bringing ....this is just an announcement thread.... if you show up, I guarantee you'll have a good time, if you don't .....sucks for you [smilie=back.gif] ....have fun mowing the lawn, painting your back porch or attening you sisters brothers friends back waxing. #-o

feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to get them answered as quickly as possible we are expecting somewhere between 50 and 60 shooters that firing line has plenty of space to accommodate everyone, plus we can set up EZ up tents, on the right side of the line for any overflow.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

amheck

Re: Sunday Gun-Day Sept 24 th at HSC......all are welcome

Post by amheck » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Does this range normally allow shooting of BYO bowling pins and steel, etc? Or is it just for this special event? I have been looking for a place to shoot something other than paper and have been coming up blank around Tampa/St. Pete.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Only 1 day a month ( 4th Sat ) I believe is this part of the range open to the public and yes you can bring stuff like that.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

badboy58

Post by badboy58 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 pm

What type of ammo would we need if we wanted to try out some of the machine guns? Also, how do we go about that? Are you guys going to have a setup and we just come down and try them?

Cheers
Remington 870 Express
Springfield XDm 40, XDe 9mm & XDs 45
Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
Smith & Wesson M&P 9c
Sig Sauer Mosquito Reverse 2-Tone
Remington 770 .308 Rifle
ATI OmniHybrid 5.56 AR-15
Custom Polymer80/Glock17

Giselle99

Post by Giselle99 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 pm

amheck wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 pm
Does this range normally allow shooting of BYO bowling pins and steel, etc? Or is it just for this special event? I have been looking for a place to shoot something other than paper and have been coming up blank around Tampa/St. Pete.
Amen to that...i've also been looking to shoot at anything other than static paper targets since moving here from out the SW.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 am

I saw your post and was gonna tell you to come out to this shoot and meet a bunch of local like minded people, pm me if you have any questions about the range its about 40 min north of you and easy drive up the Veterans/Suncoast parkway

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:57 am

badboy58 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 pm
What type of ammo would we need if we wanted to try out some of the machine guns? Also, how do we go about that? Are you guys going to have a setup and we just come down and try them?

Cheers
This shoot is for everyone to shoot, BRING YOUR OWN GUNS, targets and AMMO come out and have a fun day of shooting

I always let people shoot my stuff,but if you wanna shoot, you gotta feed them...just come to our tables with ammo...BRING A CAMERA, you'll get some awesome footage [smilie=011.gif]

I'm a sub gun kinda guy, lots of stuff in 9mm, ( Sten, Stirling, MPX, UZI, AR9mm ) I have 4 Full Auto AR's ( so .223 ), an AK ( so 7.62x39 ) and even .45 ACP for the grease gun. even an AR in .22 LR but its finiky, likes Federal Auto Match.

I believe there will be a tommy gun and some of the other guys might bring some beltfed stuff 8mm and 7.62x54

I'm not particular on ammo, Hell I shoot the Tulammo steel stuff all day, some of the beltfed guys will trade you out ammo, or take your cash to play with their stuff, since its already linked.....all you have to do is ask and offer to pay....might be a special appearance from MG42, dsHk, PKM and 1 or 2 - 1919's....

We have a Can cannon, and you can use a hand trap thrower, so might as well toss a shotgun in the car....Bring clay birds

I don't have ammo to sell, so buy it before, the range sells ammo, but its expensive [-(

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:38 pm

Less than a week away ....dont let the hurricane blues get you down...come out and blow up some sH!T with us.... _:

RBLMM

Post by RBLMM » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Can't wait! Bringing my meager collection of f/a stuff and at least one of my kids(he's not a target...lol). Plus an M&P15/22 with a BFS gen3 if anyone wants to try that out. _:

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Never been there before , got an address or grid coordinate handy?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:56 pm

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Any steel plates there still?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:16 pm

I think there are still 4 or 5 steel gongs at the 200.m line....bit not 100% sure they belong to the club and are usually left in place for theor matches so I would suspect they are available.

Dont forget to bring some sort of target stands or 2 sticks pounded in the ground and some cardboard will also work to hang tarfets from.

Just about got everything ready ....expecting 40 plus folks so come out and play.

#1Glock30
Life Member
Life Member

Post by #1Glock30 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Man what happened to FSN? We used to represent! I think I counted 2 or 3 FSN guys not counting Rent at the Macheen' gun choot today. Well all I can say is you missed a great time and opportunity to sling a serious amount of lead downrange. However, I do realize we are all extra busy right now.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Thanks to Mark and "Gun Stock and Barrel" for being so generous with your time and weaponry. A shout out and thank you to RBLMM for letting my son and I run his S&W 15-22. The BFS gen3 was a hoot! And on his dime to beat that. Now that was some FSN spirit!
_: :ber
SHTF Ready

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:20 pm

ET survived and will show up at the next shoot, that's rent for setting it up again

I think he needs a new shirt [smilie=011.gif]

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 pm

I killed ET wit the Saiga 12

click for video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZcGLYmjIrj ... and_barrel

always good to see you guys....I'm starting to think FSN is just a bunch of gun guys who never go to the range and shoot [smilie=011.gif] .....hence why FSN shoots died

RBLMM

Post by RBLMM » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:04 pm

#1Glock30 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:36 pm
Man what happened to FSN? We used to represent! I think I counted 2 or 3 FSN guys not counting Rent at the Macheen' gun choot today. Well all I can say is you missed a great time and opportunity to sling a serious amount of lead downrange. However, I do realize we are all extra busy right now.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Thanks to Mark and "Gun Stock and Barrel" for being so generous with your time and weaponry. A shout out and thank you to RBLMM for letting my son and I run his S&W 15-22. The BFS gen3 was a hoot! And on his dime to beat that. Now that was some FSN spirit!
_: :ber
No problem! I buy that 22 by the bucket so I won't even miss what you guys shot... _:
By the way you guys are coming over to help clean all the guns...right??

#1Glock30
Life Member
Life Member

Post by #1Glock30 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:20 pm

RBLMM wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:04 pm
By the way you guys are coming over to help clean all the guns...right??
I was at the shop at 0600 this morning and y'all weren't there. Oh well...... [smilie=022.gif]
SHTF Ready