Shoot Shack?

amheck

Shoot Shack?

Post by amheck » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:33 am

Any thoughts on this place? I just saw it mentioned on Reddit and I had never heard of it, but it sounds kinda neat. Apparently the owner of the land will let you bring out anything to shoot except glass. Just seems like a nice place to mix it up a little and shoot something other than paper. I used to shoot cans when I was a kid and I just wasn't sure where I could do that with my kids, but we may have found a place (I hope).

any thoughts on fun, non-target stuff to shoot? Are any of those cheap rimfire spinners/poppers worthwhile? Any place around here to buy steel targets?

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Shoot Shack?

Post by g.willikers » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:05 am

Birchwood-Casey has an entire line of relatively inexpensive steel spinning targets.
Check their website for World of Targets.
I have a bunch of them and they are very good.
Most mail order places carry them.
And yes, the rimfire ones are as good as the others.
If you don't want to spend much money, reactive rimfire targets can be made from wood.
Then you can easily make them any size and shape and without the risk of ricochets.
Just hang them so they swing when hit.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

JBubba57

Post by JBubba57 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:58 pm

Oreos or any dry flat cookies or crackers are terrific targets to shoot, especially with 22's and BB guns. I say dry (stale or old cookies, for example) because then they "explode" when hit, and that visual feedback is half the fun. The oreo size is easy to hit, but for more of a challenge, soup crackers or cheezit size works nicely and cheezits are brightly orange-yellow. These targets tend not to cause richochets, too, because they're relatively soft, and the thinness means they can be set up by themselves or wedged in between tree branches or against tree bark irregularities, just of course make sure your backstop is safe. They're biodegradable and fairly cheep, to boot.

Sorry, don't know a "shoot shack."

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:18 am

I just found this post. Shoot shack is on state rd 39 S. Just north of ft lonesome state rd 674. It's located behind a saw mill, or I should say was located behind a saw mill. I went there once. A Hillsborough County school bus driver set it up on his property. His sch was pretty erratic as far as being open. You could shoot out to 250 yds.

But he closed it down. His neighbors complained about it and he could not run it properly. When I went he had his dad met us there and I felt rushed with this guy standing over my shoulder so sfter 45 mins I just left and never went back.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them