The Great Melbourne Gun Show Oct15/16 pre-panic

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

The Great Melbourne Gun Show Oct15/16 pre-panic

Post by Wulfmann » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:07 pm

Last Melbourne Show before the election and the polls say the Hildabeast is a shoe in. [smilie=popcorn.gif]

The media has gone all out to say Trump is unfit because he said mean things about women while Bill Clinton raped 20+ women and Hillary attacked them to suppress them
But hey; they ain't be bias, dat ain't et atall [smilie=flush.gif]

I have no idea what to expect. [smilie=crash.gif]
I can't advise anyone if this is the time to buy or sell cause who knows.
It is anybody's guess and I am sure there will as many opinions as there are people having them

I will be there confused as heck about buying or selling but after Nov 8 I will know what I should have done at this show

Will you? [smilie=pdt_xtremez_23.gif]

/:f
“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

A stovepipe is your rifle flipping you off for using cheap ammo!

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Re: The Great Melbourne Gun Show Oct15/16 pre-panic

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:10 pm

If it helps, Orlando show was completely dead
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:27 am

Gregh181 wrote:If it helps, Orlando show was completely dead
While most of us here have prepared for the worst it is the people who will wait for Hillary to win then panic as if it was unforeseen this gun control thing and run out, borrow money, max out credit cards to buy a SWMP15Sport2 for $2K and a case of Wolf Gold for $1K when $1 will buy the gun and ammo now.

We all know the idiots will do this in spite of the fact we keep thinking by now they will have learned.

However, it will give me great treasure, errr, I mean pleasure, to accommodate them [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:11 pm

See you Saturday morning.
Gregg

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:47 pm

Mediocre attendance. =:wvr

Some AR15 sales of the cheaper version. _:

It was a very decent Saturday for me; surprisingly so. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]

Some decent deals on ammo like 9MM for $10.00 a box/50 brass, Winchester, Speer and Blazer Brass which is better than any online deal. Wolf 223 brass cased $319.00 but that is +tax so over $340.00 OTD

Could have been worse. [smilie=popcorn.gif]

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:16 pm

Very Ho-Hum show today.
Saw nothing I wanted or really needed.
I did see some good deals on black rifles and handguns, but in general the prices were up from last show.
Reloading supplies were available, but at a price.
One dealer had CCI primers for 28/29 per 1000.

I suspect most of the dealers were counting on pre-election "better get it now" buyers, who just did not show up today.

All I can say is "See you on the other side", as the next show could be very crowded if the Hilda-beast [smilie=014.gif] wins on November 8th.
Next Melbourne show is November 19 & 20, and it will either be packed or sparsely attended, depending who our next president is.

Gregg

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm

I would rate the attendance as the lowest in many years. However, there were a higher than normal percentage of those attending making transactions. Still a weak show considering it was the last one before the election

I sold more powder and primers than normal particularly H335 and on the whole I would say this was a good show for me

Next Melbourne show will be 11 days after the election and we all know if Hillary wins it will be a zoo [smilie=popcorn.gif]

I did see one thing I wonder if I should have bought:
A Type 99 Arisaka the likes of which I have never seen. No mum but not ground off it never had one because it was never issued to the military. It had a clean receiver with a number (can't remember if it said 99 or 7.7) all matching had the mono/bi pod the antiaircraft site wings bayonet and the sling was from Manchuria. the gun was brought back by the very old guy's uncle from the occupation of Japan. Came with 70 rounds of boxer ammo all for $300.00
My ignorance caused me to decline and I wonder. Gregg??? What say you??? :-k