The Great Melbourne Gun Show Sept 3/4 O-no

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

The Great Melbourne Gun Show Sept 3/4 O-no

Post by Wulfmann » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:40 am

The guns shows of September and October will be very interesting.
They will either be; man was I smart to stock up before Hillary won or man I am glad I waited and didn't buy cause Trump won and we are saved.

While the smart money says prepare for the worst (Hillary) and hope for the best (Trump) the fact is no one really knows what this means for gun show sales. I sure don't.

I still have not bought anything for the election possibilities: I just don't know [smilie=pdt_xtremez_23.gif]
I am set personally (meaning if Das Hildabeast does a sweeping EO banning sales of everything on day one) but I have not bought to profit by her tyrannical takeover of the once free nation of the USA.
I may buy a few extra cases of stuff I shoot, 9MM, 45ACP and 223/5.56 but otherwise I will just hope and pray

I predict more people some minor panic buying but not stampeding more just shoring up small inventories but not a big deal

We shall see.
/:f
“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

A stovepipe is your rifle flipping you off for using cheap ammo!

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Re: The Great Melbourne Gun Show Sept 3/4 O-no

Post by N4KVE » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:40 am

The last few shows have proven people are getting ready for the worst. Sales have been way up. The last few WPB shows I have attended didn't seem to be jam packed, but the % of buyers vs tire kickers is much higher. People definitely stocking up on AR's, as they are cheaper than AK's now. I have no sympathy for those who overpay after the election when prices could skyrocket. S&W AR's like the M&P Sport 2 are great guns to buy in the mid to low $600 range. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Miami gun show this weekend. GARY
Last edited by N4KVE on Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:24 pm

Thanks, I only do Melbourne (and do not attend other shows at all) so i don't see the progression of change you do.

I suspected what you posted was the case.

I am a one table hobbyist and I sell reloading stuff, ammo (Primarily reflecting what I shoot) and other accessories which after Sandyhook were big sellers

I would think (guess) until Hillary actually wins there will not be a stampede on ammo/reloading but if she does win like you said I don't feel sorry for anyone who did not make sure they had what they needed and if anyone here has to over pay shame on you. How many times do we see the obvious?

When PMags are selling for $30-50.00 and you complain because people are price gouging I will laugh at you and simply tell you to stop blubbering and remind you ya shoulda bought'em cheap and stacked'em deep

The big question as each panic has a new ultra hard to get item(s); what will be the 22LR of the Hillary panic?
The one who figures that out will make some big coin [smilie=popcorn.gif]

“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:34 pm

See you Saturday morning, as always.
Gregg

wolfdog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wolfdog » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:23 am

Might show up Saturday, they are having a machine gun shoot at TRPC which I plan on avoiding.
If you are going to be stupid, you have to be tough.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Surprized with the attendance late this morning, saw some very good deals to be had on handguns and AR's, but I saw few buyers.
Reloading supply prices are up a bit from the last show, but there was a decent selection of brass. primers, powder and bullets available.

Finally talked a dealer down to a reasonable price in another Japanese T99 rifle, that I've been looking at for at least two years.
Needed it like a hole in the head, but it was matching numbers and other than the ground Mum, it was unmessed with.

Next show or October 15 & 16.
The one after that is post election on November 19 & 20.
That show will either be a buying frenzy, or just plain ho-hum.

Gregg

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Wulfmann » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:25 am

The herd is concerned but not spooked so decent attendance but slow on buying. [smilie=popcorn.gif]

I did decent actually pretty good considering but there were some good ammo deals at least vendor to vendor.
I was able to pick up 16 boxes of Speer 380 TMJ for $10.00 a box which gives me all the ammo i need to occasionally shoot my pocket LCP once in a while (I am not going to reload for that caliber) + I picked up some PMC bronze at better than online priced 223 brass cased so I spent as much as I took in.

One vendor lucked out:
A guy picked up a correct T99 sniper for $175.00 at an estate sale and sold it to a vendor for $600.00 who resold it for $2300.00.
Only bad thing about that deal is neither Gregg or I were involved #-o

IMO this election will be too close to call but the October show should have more activity as some will want to top off just in case while prices are still lower than they will be if the evil and most fowl Hillary wins in November