Good veterinarian in Orlando?

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Good veterinarian in Orlando?

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:10 pm

It's time for my dog to get some vaccines and a checkup. She is overdue for her rabies shot, has a small skin growth on one of her back legs that is getting bigger and starting to get a little concerning, and it seems like her ear has been bothering her so she might have an infection. I am not familiar with any of the vets in the area so I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation. I'm on the east side near UCF. The dog is a medium-larger breed, pitbull mix to be exact. Can anyone recommend a good reliable vet to take her to?
Libertas aut mortis!

macgyver

Re: Good veterinarian in Orlando?

Post by macgyver » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Check out Dr. Olson at Varsity Veterinary Center. I used to work with her as a Veterinary Tech when she was at Winter Park Veterinary Hospital. She branched out and opened her own practice. She's taken great care of my lab/pitbull mix. She's in College Park on Edgewater Drive. Not super close to you but not too bad of a drive

jsarms1

Re: Good veterinarian in Orlando?

Post by jsarms1 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Dr Bacia at Powers Dr Animal Hospital It's in the hood but he's been there before it was the hood and it's worth it, he's half the price of everyone else. MY JRT's have had their teeth cleaned for 1/3rd of what everyone else wanted, as well ACL surgery was reasonable. Make sure you schedule him as their is 3 vets there, he is amazing though as I drive 45 min to see him.