Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post Reply
User avatar
jwperry
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:44 am
Location: Auburndale

Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by jwperry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm trying to find an FFL in the area around where I live now, Auburndale. I can't find a non-FUDD when I tried calling anyone and the FFL that I had handle my last 2 transactions doesn't care to run his business anymore, so I won't be using him.

But I have a question about transfers in PC; I've heard from a few FFLs that if they receive a firearm from an individual (not another FFL) that there is a 15 day waiting period on it. I've poured through the Polk County Ordinances and I can't even find anything on the books in regards to firearms, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me towards the PC ordinances that regulate firearm transfers?

I never had any of these problems in Orlando, just expensive transfer fees.

chris6424
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: Lakeland

Re: Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by chris6424 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Jared Lewman/Lewman Arms Manufacturing in Lakeland. $15 transfers. By appointment only.

User avatar
lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 5073
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:14 pm
Location: lakeland

Re: Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by lakelandman » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:21 pm

1+ plus man he good used him a few times..
"Spend your energy to keep up and you won't have to waste it catching up"

User avatar
Villafuego
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:40 am
Location: Land-O-Lakes,FL

Re: Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by Villafuego » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:55 pm

jwperry wrote:I'm trying to find an FFL in the area around where I live now, Auburndale. I can't find a non-FUDD when I tried calling anyone and the FFL that I had handle my last 2 transactions doesn't care to run his business anymore, so I won't be using him.

But I have a question about transfers in PC; I've heard from a few FFLs that if they receive a firearm from an individual (not another FFL) that there is a 15 day waiting period on it. I've poured through the Polk County Ordinances and I can't even find anything on the books in regards to firearms, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me towards the PC ordinances that regulate firearm transfers?

I never had any of these problems in Orlando, just expensive transfer fees.
You heard that from "a few" FFLs ????? It's total BS......and there are no Polk Co. specific laws/ordnances regarding firearms transfers....

User avatar
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 22666
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:09 pm
Location: Finally relaxin in the country in Citrus Co

Re: Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:23 pm

Villafuego wrote:
jwperry wrote:I'm trying to find an FFL in the area around where I live now, Auburndale. I can't find a non-FUDD when I tried calling anyone and the FFL that I had handle my last 2 transactions doesn't care to run his business anymore, so I won't be using him.

But I have a question about transfers in PC; I've heard from a few FFLs that if they receive a firearm from an individual (not another FFL) that there is a 15 day waiting period on it. I've poured through the Polk County Ordinances and I can't even find anything on the books in regards to firearms, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me towards the PC ordinances that regulate firearm transfers?

I never had any of these problems in Orlando, just expensive transfer fees.
You heard that from "a few" FFLs ????? It's total BS......and there are no Polk Co. specific laws/ordnances regarding firearms transfers....
I think they are getting it confused with the whole 15 day thing if they purchase a gun from someone or a pawn transaction, and turn around and sell it as used ...a transfer IN , is just that, a transfer IN , only wait would be the 3 days on a HG.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

User avatar
Villafuego
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:40 am
Location: Land-O-Lakes,FL

Re: Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by Villafuego » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:49 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Villafuego wrote:
jwperry wrote:I'm trying to find an FFL in the area around where I live now, Auburndale. I can't find a non-FUDD when I tried calling anyone and the FFL that I had handle my last 2 transactions doesn't care to run his business anymore, so I won't be using him.

But I have a question about transfers in PC; I've heard from a few FFLs that if they receive a firearm from an individual (not another FFL) that there is a 15 day waiting period on it. I've poured through the Polk County Ordinances and I can't even find anything on the books in regards to firearms, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me towards the PC ordinances that regulate firearm transfers?

I never had any of these problems in Orlando, just expensive transfer fees.
You heard that from "a few" FFLs ????? It's total BS......and there are no Polk Co. specific laws/ordnances regarding firearms transfers....
I think they are getting it confused with the whole 15 day thing if they purchase a gun from someone or a pawn transaction, and turn around and sell it as used ...a transfer IN , is just that, a transfer IN , only wait would be the 3 days on a HG.
Seems plausible actually......you'd think if they did enough transfers they'd know the difference though!

User avatar
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 22666
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:09 pm
Location: Finally relaxin in the country in Citrus Co

Re: Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:07 pm

I could totally see where they get it confused I had the ATF examiner tell me even if I took a gun in on consignment I had to wait 15 days to sell it ??? Wtf ???....which I could never find as a written statue anywhere.... so I think somehow in their actual training someone has gotten the pawn statute for 15 days confused with any incoming firearm
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

User avatar
jwperry
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 775
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:44 am
Location: Auburndale

Re: Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by jwperry » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Thanks guys.

It sounds like they did get it confused with the pawn/transfer thing, but none of the shops I called were pawn shops.

I did find an FFL that is convenient to my commute home, West Coast Gun & Pawn in Davenport and after doing a transfer there last week, I think I'll be using these guys more often. Best customer service I've had in a gun shop in a long time.
https://www.facebook.com/West-Coast-Paw ... 070536448/

Post Reply