Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

jwperry
Executive Member
Executive Member

Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by jwperry » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm trying to find an FFL in the area around where I live now, Auburndale. I can't find a non-FUDD when I tried calling anyone and the FFL that I had handle my last 2 transactions doesn't care to run his business anymore, so I won't be using him.

But I have a question about transfers in PC; I've heard from a few FFLs that if they receive a firearm from an individual (not another FFL) that there is a 15 day waiting period on it. I've poured through the Polk County Ordinances and I can't even find anything on the books in regards to firearms, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me towards the PC ordinances that regulate firearm transfers?

I never had any of these problems in Orlando, just expensive transfer fees.

chris6424
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Polk County - FFL Transfer Question

Post by chris6424 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Jared Lewman/Lewman Arms Manufacturing in Lakeland. $15 transfers. By appointment only.

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:21 pm

1+ plus man he good used him a few times..
"Spend your energy to keep up and you won't have to waste it catching up"

Villafuego

Post by Villafuego » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:55 pm

jwperry wrote:I'm trying to find an FFL in the area around where I live now, Auburndale. I can't find a non-FUDD when I tried calling anyone and the FFL that I had handle my last 2 transactions doesn't care to run his business anymore, so I won't be using him.

But I have a question about transfers in PC; I've heard from a few FFLs that if they receive a firearm from an individual (not another FFL) that there is a 15 day waiting period on it. I've poured through the Polk County Ordinances and I can't even find anything on the books in regards to firearms, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me towards the PC ordinances that regulate firearm transfers?

You heard that from "a few" FFLs ????? It's total BS......and there are no Polk Co. specific laws/ordnances regarding firearms transfers....

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:23 pm

Villafuego wrote:
jwperry wrote:I'm trying to find an FFL in the area around where I live now, Auburndale. I can't find a non-FUDD when I tried calling anyone and the FFL that I had handle my last 2 transactions doesn't care to run his business anymore, so I won't be using him.

You heard that from "a few" FFLs ????? It's total BS......and there are no Polk Co. specific laws/ordnances regarding firearms transfers....
I think they are getting it confused with the whole 15 day thing if they purchase a gun from someone or a pawn transaction, and turn around and sell it as used ...a transfer IN , is just that, a transfer IN , only wait would be the 3 days on a HG.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Villafuego

Post by Villafuego » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:49 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Villafuego wrote:

I think they are getting it confused with the whole 15 day thing if they purchase a gun from someone or a pawn transaction, and turn around and sell it as used ...a transfer IN , is just that, a transfer IN , only wait would be the 3 days on a HG.
Seems plausible actually......you'd think if they did enough transfers they'd know the difference though!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:07 pm

I could totally see where they get it confused I had the ATF examiner tell me even if I took a gun in on consignment I had to wait 15 days to sell it ??? Wtf ???....which I could never find as a written statue anywhere.... so I think somehow in their actual training someone has gotten the pawn statute for 15 days confused with any incoming firearm
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

jwperry
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jwperry » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Thanks guys.

It sounds like they did get it confused with the pawn/transfer thing, but none of the shops I called were pawn shops.

I did find an FFL that is convenient to my commute home, West Coast Gun & Pawn in Davenport and after doing a transfer there last week, I think I'll be using these guys more often. Best customer service I've had in a gun shop in a long time.
https://www.facebook.com/West-Coast-Paw ... 070536448/