shooters world tampa

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

shooters world tampa

Post by NonConformist » Sun May 15, 2016 2:15 pm

FYI their transfer fee is now $50 just like shoot straight and their receiving people barely work on Friday and not at all on the weekend. I now have to wait for receiving who has my gun to do whatever they have too so the other staff can find my gun...or something. Maybe day 4 Monday will yield me my gun they've had since friday
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Re: shooters world tampa

Post by tector » Sun May 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Last transfer I did down here was $9.

Time to look around, sir.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Sun May 15, 2016 2:38 pm

tector wrote:Last transfer I did down here was $9.

Time to look around, sir.
Definitely!
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun May 15, 2016 4:06 pm

and thus why transfer fees are so high at some places and lower at others.

I welcome transfers and do them fairly cheaply, but the big box shops despise them. First off they want you to purchase a gun from them....

Not saying NC is the typical ass hat transferee, but it usually goes something like this , guy buys same gun thats sold in stock at store, but online ( a few bucks cheaper and saving the tax ) or GB and then calls 18 times asking if his gun is there yet #-o , gun shows arrived via tracking, but the customer doesn't take into account the 20 other transfers ahead of his at the shop [-( , the receiving folks work at their pace , checking in however many they can each day..... [-X

package will be opened so shop can record the serial number from the actual gun ( no brainer ).... ass hat transferee will complain that they ( receiving gun shop ) scratched it, or not as advertised and complain.....will threaten not to pay transfer fee because its scratched or marked or took too long .......... =:wvr =:wvr

customer is met with a dielema, cough up the dough and go bitch on the internet or find another dealer with better cust, svc, or lower number of incoming transfers ??......before I had the FFL for me it was proximity to my house for a transfer, but fuel was almost $4 a gal back them, now I hear from my customers its because my transfer price is lower....ass soon as I get a couple ass hat customers, I'll mark it up another $ 10 and complain its because of the transferee B.S.... ](*,)

and the cycle continues :-k
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

CVO
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CVO » Sun May 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Members pay $15 total.
Stop the looting. Start the prosecuting.

butcharoot
Contributor
Contributor

Post by butcharoot » Mon May 16, 2016 8:15 am

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Mon May 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Couldn't get ahold of anyone today nor did I schlep up there, too far, but they gave me a call a bit ago, evidently they found it or whatever. So tomorrow I'll pick it up in the AM.

Last transfer there, I'll try university, loved them, or second amendment armory, loved them too, and also any others mentioned I'll call. Lot of trouble for a cheap .22 ](*,)

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Tue May 17, 2016 7:25 am

Aegis or bucanneer pawns like 15 bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Tue May 17, 2016 10:04 am

Rentprop1 wrote: but the big box shops despise them. First off they want you to purchase a gun from them....
This is why right here. GARY

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Tue May 17, 2016 11:01 am

butcharoot wrote:$20 at Tampa Tactical

http://www.tampatacticalsupply.com/ffl-transfers/
+1 my favorite store for transfers in the area, really nice owner and goes out of her way to help [smilie=cheers1.gif]

DaveM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by DaveM » Tue May 17, 2016 12:40 pm

$15 at Paradise Pawn in North Port. Damned if I don't find another gun in the showcase that I NEED before I leave. #-o

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Tue May 17, 2016 5:52 pm

CVO wrote:Members pay $15 total.
How much for a membership?

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Tue May 17, 2016 11:16 pm

I have a guy in Lakeland that does it for 15 no membership needed pm if you want the info good guy used him two times already no problems.
Lakelandman :ber
"Spend your energy to keep up and you won't have to waste it catching up"

CVO
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CVO » Wed May 18, 2016 5:40 pm

NonConformist wrote:
CVO wrote:Members pay $15 total.
How much for a membership?

Mine was $260 the second year. I've done at least a couple dozen transfers and never had a problem.

At one time it was $15 total for multiple transfers at the same time.
Stop the looting. Start the prosecuting.

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Wed May 18, 2016 6:36 pm

NonConformist wrote:FYI their transfer fee is now $50 just like shoot straight and their receiving people barely work on Friday and not at all on the weekend. I now have to wait for receiving who has my gun to do whatever they have too so the other staff can find my gun...or something. Maybe day 4 Monday will yield me my gun they've had since friday
$50 lmao. That's insane, I'll pay $15 tops.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
butcharoot wrote:$20 at Tampa Tactical

http://www.tampatacticalsupply.com/ffl-transfers/
+1 my favorite store for transfers in the area, really nice owner and goes out of her way to help [smilie=cheers1.gif]
+1 for Tampa Tactical also great people
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Vinnie357
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Vinnie357 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:46 am

Gonna have to check out Tampa Tactical - only minutes from the Ice rink (hockey) I practically live at.