History of FSN

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rob_s
Life Member
Life Member

Re: History of FSN

Post by rob_s » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:53 am

I hated EZ board.

I miss it now.
I'll convert an Orlando Disney ride into the world's biggest trebuchet and anyone down here who doesn't know what a grit is will get a free ride north

False Prophet
Life Member
Life Member

Post by False Prophet » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:24 am

mjmensale wrote:SKSseven, world traveler, international man of intrigue, bon vivant and wearer of many different outfits.....

SKSseven is the guy in the Dos Equis commercials?? :-k [smilie=011.gif]
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" -- Sigmund Freud

Matt
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Matt » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:47 am

Awesome. Thanks for the history lesson folks!

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:24 am

requiem wrote:Awesome. Thanks for the history lesson folks!
Indeed, I agree with requiem, the history is interesting and also I want to thank SKSseven for hosting this site.
This is without any doubt my favorite on-line hang out.
Regards,
Jon
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

DeltaWolf

Post by DeltaWolf » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:38 am

SKSseven wrote:2000 sounds about right, ....... Amazing how far its come
Those were the days
Ez-Board & (dial-up internet)

anyone remember Macuzzi? [smilie=popcorn.gif]
-Dave

madmedic
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by madmedic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:39 am

DeltaWolf wrote:
SKSseven wrote:2000 sounds about right, ....... Amazing how far its come
Those were the days
Ez-Board & (dial-up internet)

anyone remember Macuzzi? [smilie=popcorn.gif]
He had some epic rants on here, and on AR15.com
with.....a HERRING !!!!

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:34 pm

I like it here as well, though I ignored it mostly until I got the boot from ArfCom, even tried THR but it was full of moderate to liberal gun owners who have no concept of freedom

Here i have some kindred spirits though!
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

Young-Legend
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Young-Legend » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:54 pm

Hail FSN!, I became a member shortly after I started shooting at POP'S range (I even had the pleasure of meeting him) when I moved to P. Pines. Since then it has helped me find new friends and motivate my range skills and weapon collection. Thanks SKSseven, and Hail FSN. /:f
If Guns are outlawed, then only Outlaws will have guns...
Where you stand on an issue depends on where you sit.

zxc

Post by zxc » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 pm

stumbled upon this board during those meet and shoots at Ocala natl forest/lake city-
SFDCC/ defensive carbine? back in the day..used to follow assault web...1998 IRRC

rob_s
Life Member
Life Member

Post by rob_s » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:21 am

Lake City is FDCC, down here it's SFDCC, and in the very early days of FSN there was an FDCC-S.
I'll convert an Orlando Disney ride into the world's biggest trebuchet and anyone down here who doesn't know what a grit is will get a free ride north

zxc

Post by zxc » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Rob thanks for the clarification-not much of the tactical carbine type as I was
enamored early on w the AK; my perception of the AR was influenced by the
guys at FDCC. =D>

Glades
BANNED

Post by Glades » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:04 am

I can't get into the links; I think I joined in 2002 or 2003, but I don't remember. I do remember Nick kept asking me to join FSN, but I never used the net for anything but research. I'm glad Chris started this forum!

When I was in pre-law and wanted to be an lawyer, when Nick and Dean were alive, I cannot believe that all you guys annoyed the hell out of me with all your gun fire and shooting! It seems so odd since I shoot every day and help others to learn, now!

I remember when I first posted. I spent forever checking my spelling and grammer; I was so frightened of you guys!

The heck with school, I have a wonderful job with all great people--I'm so grateful!

Anybody here have old pics of POPs Range for our new site?

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mjmensale » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:13 am

Glades wrote:I remember when I first posted. I spent forever checking my spelling and grammer; I was so frightened of you guys!
Frightened? Frightened!!??

You weren't so damned frightened when I was on the range one morning alone, doing some walking fire drills, and you came up behind me with one of the dogs and that BIG shiny revolver in your hand, yelling at me because you thought I was someone else who you didn't want on the property! #-o

Frightened, my ass! [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

Moe
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

glockpacker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by glockpacker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:35 am

mjmensale wrote:
Glades wrote:I remember when I first posted. I spent forever checking my spelling and grammer; I was so frightened of you guys!
Frightened? Frightened!!??

You weren't so damned frightened when I was on the range one morning alone, doing some walking fire drills, and you came up behind me with one of the dogs and that BIG shiny revolver in your hand, yelling at me because you thought I was someone else who you didn't want on the property! #-o

Frightened, my ass! [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

Moe

Revolver? Revolver?

When Echo6, TonyK and I went out there, she came out with her twelve guage!!

_:

=:bye

[smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]
Eric
Shooter of 1,000 yards

(Stolen from Moe without permission... because it's true) Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

glockpacker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by glockpacker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:38 am

Young-Legend wrote:Hail FSN!, I became a member shortly after I started shooting at POP'S range (I even had the pleasure of meeting him) when I moved to P. Pines. Since then it has helped me find new friends and motivate my range skills and weapon collection. Thanks SKSseven, and Hail FSN. /:f
Actually, if you joined in 2005, I don't think you met Dean. What year did he pass on?
Eric
Shooter of 1,000 yards

(Stolen from Moe without permission... because it's true) Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

mjmensale
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mjmensale » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:44 pm

glockpacker wrote:When Echo6, TonyK and I went out there, she came out with her twelve guage!!

_:

=:bye

[smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]
The shotty's for "group" meetings. Loners get the revolver and a dogbite in the ass! [smilie=011.gif]
America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

If you try to take our firearms, we will kill you. Mike Vanderboegh

Glades
BANNED

Post by Glades » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:47 pm

yea, but back then I didn't know how to shoot, so I could have had a canon, but it would have not done any good! Plus, I probably thought you were either The CIA or Environmentalists! Now, I know who you all are and what you all do and what you all own...shall I say more? HA! Zip!

amstel78

Post by amstel78 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:08 am

rug357 wrote: I wonder if amstel78 is still wearing blue helmet?
Unfortunately. I've been with the UN for almost 10 years and have been to some of the worst places on earth. I'm also tired of living in NYC. I miss Florida... you guys don't know how good you have it.

amstel78

Post by amstel78 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:09 am

SKSseven wrote:2000 sounds about right, the birthplace of FSN was a small 2 story apt building on the corner of Andrews ave and Oakland Park Blvd in Ft Lauderdale. If you look on google maps you can see it Right behind the publix shopping plaza in the south east west. I was rooming with fellow FSN'er Amstel78 at the time. We where both members on assault web and I just wanted to try making a board for fun. Amazing how far its come really. :ber

Ahh, those were the days. I miss it. Are you still on Marco? Will have to catch up soon. PM me your phone number if you get a chance.

glockpacker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by glockpacker » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:19 am

amstel78 wrote:
rug357 wrote: I wonder if amstel78 is still wearing blue helmet?
Unfortunately. I've been with the UN for almost 10 years and have been to some of the worst places on earth. I'm also tired of living in NYC. I miss Florida... you guys don't know how good you have it.
Um, actually... YES WE DO!!!

[smilie=bounce-74.gif]
Eric
Shooter of 1,000 yards