Need to be flexible with websites

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
RevCharlie
Life Member
Life Member

Need to be flexible with websites

Post by RevCharlie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:44 pm

Just wanted to share this with FSN Members about posting items on different sites.

I've posted my Ruger SP101-9mm several times here and had a member "Purchase It", but he never showed up to get it.

Anyway, in 3 minutes I had a response from someone on the Ruger Forum.

We all can learn that what might not sell/trade/etc on one site may very well go on another.

God Bless!!! [-o<
Rev.Charlie

Springfield
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Springfield » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:32 pm

That's certainly true, RevCharlie.

I posted some Lasergrips for sale here, pretty fair deal about $50 cheaper than eBay. Then dropped another $30 and still hardly any interest. Listed them on Beretta Forum and sold all 3 pairs in 2 weeks, at the higher price.

I'll always try here first because I like doing good deals with my FSN buds. And I get some real fine deals here too. But Rev's right. The national boards sell to a much bigger market. So if you know your price is fair but no one here is interested, and you just gotta sell it, it's time for the big boards.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Ben Franklin

RevCharlie
Life Member
Life Member

Post by RevCharlie » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:43 pm

Amen Brother!!!

Erik
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Erik » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:34 pm

The national boards sell to a much bigger market.
Likewise. Had a DPMS carry handle up here for a few weeks, no takers. Went to AR-15 and it sold within hours.

Erik
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS SIGNATURE IS FANCY!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

HotShot308
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by HotShot308 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:22 am

Ditto.

Listed my sniper rifle here. I knew it would be a select market, but I wanted to give folks here in FL first crack.

Ended up listing it on 5 boards and the rifle now lives happily =D> in Arizona, where it gets to stretch it's legs on much longer ranges =:s than I have access to here in Central FL.
HotShot308

"The founding fathers made the right to bear arms the second amendment for a reason. It's the one that protects all your other freedoms, which aren't worth the parchment they're printed on if you don't have the means to defend them." Penn Jillette

speeddemon11L

Post by speeddemon11L » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:04 am

Springfield wrote:That's certainly true, RevCharlie.
I'll always try here first because I like doing good deals with my FSN buds. And I get some real fine deals here too. But Rev's right. The national boards sell to a much bigger market. So if you know your price is fair but no one here is interested, and you just gotta sell it, it's time for the big boards.
I do this as well. I really prefer to offer it to the Florida crew first, even if it means taking a bit of a hit on the $$$ side of things.

rug357

Post by rug357 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:08 am

I usually post any items I have for sale on this B/S/T board first as I want people here to get the first shot at it. I'll usually post it on other speciality boards if it doesn't sell here within couple days but its rare I don't sell it on here.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:35 am

I'm all for the Name and Shame route it should stop people wasting each others time.

If I say I'm collecting something you will just have to be patient [-(