Shoot Malabar's intermidiate match Saturday... $5

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
glockpacker
Life Member
Life Member

Shoot Malabar's intermidiate match Saturday... $5

Post by glockpacker » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:15 am

From the new rifle director:

Okay now it is really hot but the Intermediate Match continues on! The good news is that I got some new shades for the range so we can cover everybody.

The next Intermediate Match will be next Saturday, August 11, 2007. For those of you not on the trip to Camp Perry come on out.

This season briefing and squadding for the Intermediate Match will be at 0800. We will begin shooting by 0830. Everyone will self score. There are no prizes just the self satisfaction of having shot your best! Entry is still only $5. You may use a sun shade if you wish to.

Our usual course of fire is:

200 yards:

Match 1: The Relay 1 will get 25 minutes of block time. You may shoot
standing, sitting, prone, or a combination. Some even use more than one rifle. Then rapid fire strings.

Then we will have a pit change.
Relay 2 will get 25 minutes of block time. Then their rapid strings.

If we have interest we will shoot a 600 yard string. This has worked well for new shooters but is not mandatory if you don't want to.

You may fire any type of high power rifle that is suitable for 200+ yards. You may fire iron sites or scope. You are welcome to use a bipod or rest if need be. There are always experienced shooters to help coach the new shooters. Empty Chamber Indicators are available for $1.

Bring lots of water! WE were done around 11 AM last month so there is plenty of time to go to Sonny's or Texas Road House!

Eric Kennard
Rifle Director
ericskennard@msn.com
Eric
Shooter of 1,000 yards

(Stolen from Moe without permission... because it's true) Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck

Dave P
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave P » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:08 am

Thank you Eric, for that note from Eric!!

9mmRoss

Post by 9mmRoss » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:30 pm

Glockpacker,

Thanks for the info. I have a meeting I have to attend this Saturday, so I can’t make this shoot. But, I have a new toy that will reach out 600 yards. I want to dial it in at 300 yds at Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club. Then I’m looking forward to shooting Port Malabar.

Do you have an update on your activities?
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum…”