Shooting in Miami

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Life Member
Life Member

Shooting in Miami

Post by g34man » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:05 am

I knew Eric for a few years, this is a shame,. I know one someone who witnessed the entire thing and from the details he told me they know exactly who did it. The 4 &&*&bags that did this in the middle of the day must have been loaded up on something. How can someone do this in a decent neighborhood on a Sunday at noon. I guess this shows you can never be to prepared for something.

Man killed, wife wounded in Hialeah
A Hialeah couple were shot in their house, and detectives said that they were looking for three suspects.
Posted on Mon, Aug. 06, 2007Digg it reprint or license print email

Police are seeking two men and a woman involved in two shootings at this Hialeah home.In what is normally a quiet street in East Hialeah, a man and his wife were shot inside their home Sunday. The man died and his wife was wounded.

The shooting is ''no random act of violence,'' according to Hialeah Police Department detectives.

The man, whose name police did not disclose, but whom neighbors identified as Eric López, 38, was shot in the abdomen and died. Police said witnesses told detectives that the weapon used was a semi-automatic AK-47.

The man's wife, whom neighbors identified as Olga López, was shot in the leg, and transported to Palm Springs General Hospital, where she is expected to recover, said Hialeah police Detective Carl Zogby. Her age was not known.

While Hialeah detectives remained tight-lipped about details, Zogby said he was hopeful the wife's account would help investigators.

''We do believe we know who we're looking for. We've had some very solid leads,'' Zogby said just a few feet from the one-story, yellow house where the shooting took place along the 300 block of East 56th Street.

According to police and neighbors, the shooting occurred before noon.

''I heard a chain of loud noises, and it startled me, but I didn't think much of it I just thought it was fireworks,'' said Grisel Riestra, who -- like many neighbors -- gathered behind the yellow police tape blocking off the house to see what happened.

Though cartridge casings were found on the lawn of the house and marked off by detectives, Zogby said there was ''some sort of altercation'' inside the house before shots were fired.

Afterward the suspects, two men and a woman, fled in a white Chevrolet Tahoe, Zogby said.

As of Sunday night, no arrests had been made, and Crime Scene Investigation vans waited outside the house until a search warrant arrived.

The couple had a young son who was staying with relatives at the time of the shooting, Zogby said.

Eric's father, Joaquin López, arrived at the crime scene a little after 1 p.m. having heard of his son's death just minutes earlier.

''I was at the beach when I heard that they shot him,'' he told reporters as he rushed through the police barricades.

Neighbors watching from their porches were startled that their otherwise calm neighborhood was the scene of a vicious shooting.

''If it wasn't for all the news cameras out here I wouldn't believe this happened here,'' Riestra said. ``This area is normally bien tranquilo -- very calm.''

Anyone with information is asked to call the Hialeah Police Department at 305-953-5200.

Life Member
Life Member

Post by cj5mrt » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:46 am

I'm sorry fot the loss of your friend. I hope they find the scum and, well I hope they give them the death penalty.

Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by offandonguy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:07 am

Sorry for your loss. My prayers goto his family, I hope and pray they catch the people responsible.
“You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.” -Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Life Member
Life Member

Post by freehunter » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:20 pm

My prayers go out to family.

Life Member
Life Member

Post by g34man » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:29 pm

They have all 4 in custody.

4 Arrested In Connection With Hialeah Shooting
Man Killed, Wife Injured

POSTED: 6:45 pm EDT August 5, 2007
UPDATED: 11:21 am EDT August 6, 2007

HIALEAH, Fla. -- Police have arrested four people in connection with a shooting in Hialeah that killed a man and injured his wife.

Related Content: Images | Video

Police said officers arrested Elain Llano, Lois Arroyo, Ryan Rodriguez and Ramiro Rodriguez.

The four are accused of using an assault rifle to kill 38-year-old Eric Lopez and shoot his wife, Olga, at their home on East 56th Street Sunday afternoon.

"There are a variety of bullets here that are being picked up and they're being examined now," Detective Carl Zogby of Hialeah police said on Sunday. "They may have come from a high-powered AK-47."

Witnesses said the gunmen fled the scene in a Chevrolet Tahoe, which police recovered on Monday.

An officer told NBC 6's Hetal Gandhi that a heated argument may have led to the shooting, but the motive is still under investigation.

Eric and Olga Lopez had a young son who was with his grandmother when the shooting happened, police said.

"It's a very violent crime scene," Zogby said. "Whoever perpetrated this crime had a lot of rage and definitely had a lot of bad intent. It's a horrible crime scene for a nice residential neighborhood like this one."

Eric Lopez's father, Joaquin Lopez, said he was at the beach when he got the call that his son and daughter-in-law had been shot.

"I just want to know what happened and who did this," he said. "I don't think they had to do this to him. He was always a very nice and good person."

Olga Lopez, who was shot in the leg, is recovering at a local hospital.

Gentle Ben
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Gentle Ben » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:38 pm

Horrible. Glad they caught the pieces of shi'ite.

And naturally, the media focuses on the weapon, and the Hialeah PD plays right along.
Boresight Solutions LLC - FFL/SOT
6972 NE 3rd Avenue
Miami, FL
FFL/SOT - Specializing in Plastic Surgery for Hard-Use Hardware.

Post by ravnew » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:48 pm

My prayers go out to family.

Life Member
Life Member

Post by miamitj » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:03 pm

Glad they got them ... Apparently according to what I heard in the news the shooting was NOT one way. Hialeah detective said that the shooting may of been worse but it seemed that the shooters were met with strong resistance.

Looks like your buddy may of died shooting back and it may of saved his wife.
Omi R.