Removing and adding someone to a trust

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
situationalray
Life Member
Life Member

Removing and adding someone to a trust

Post by situationalray » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:17 pm

How easy is it to take a name off the trust? Got divorced a couple years ago

And how easy is it to add a new name on a trust?

Do i have to pay a lawyer to type up a whole new trust? Or would i have to pay him to do an amendment to the trust?

Also with the new rules that were recently past and regarding a trust (41p i think it was?) Are those with a trust now required to get fingerprints done if they buy a new item like a suppressor? Or has nothing really changed in regards to the trust?

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Removing and adding someone to a trust

Post by molivo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Pm GMountain. He can likely help you.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:44 pm

situationalray wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:17 pm
Got divorced a couple years ago.....

Also with the new rules that were recently past and regarding a trust (41p i think it was?) Are those with a trust now required to get fingerprints done if they buy a new item like a suppressor? Or has nothing really changed in regards to the trust?
toss me that Hot Latina's phone number and I'll tell you [smilie=011.gif]

j/k....I just got divorced myself [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

..... I can answer the 2nd part, everyone gets finger prints and photos now, every person on the trust, must also fill out a RPQ form, so take that into consideration for the next NFA purchase, the only thing you no longer have to do is ask for a CLEO permission, you only have to notify them.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

ss1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ss1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:52 pm

I’m sort of in the same boat. In the process of doing a F1 and the last time I put something under my Trust was ‘09, a year before my divorce. I never took her off as bene because my son is a minor and he is the only one I would want my collection to go to and I still trust her to pass it on. So at this time I’m not changing my trust. So I’ve been doing some research and yes you need to complete a responsible questionnaire and fingerprints in triplicate for each trustee. The bene does not since they do not have control until my demise but I am going to ask my Trust attorney to make sure there doesn’t have to be special language in the trust or I might have to redo my trust. I also don’t know what can be redacted for the CLEO’s copy (serial #’s, picture, etc, and if they also need to get a copy of the trust) so I’ll be asking about that as well as well as determining to who and where to mail it to.

situationalray
Life Member
Life Member

Post by situationalray » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:05 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:44 pm
situationalray wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:17 pm
Got divorced a couple years ago.....

toss me that Hot Latina's phone number and I'll tell you [smilie=011.gif]

j/k....I just got divorced myself [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

..... I can answer the 2nd part, everyone gets finger prints and photos now, every person on the trust, must also fill out a RPQ form, so take that into consideration for the next NFA purchase, the only thing you no longer have to do is ask for a CLEO permission, you only have to notify them.
Lol funny you remember. Trust me you dont want her number lol.
This trust thing is a big hassle as is, now we gotta get fingers prints and crap

BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:20 pm

My trust has worked well for me. I have not made a purchase with it since the prints and picture thing started. The attorney wrote and filed it. If need to change it He will be the one to do it.
BIG JOE
Ft Lauderdale, Fl

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:28 am

BIG JOE wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:20 pm
The attorney wrote and filed it. If need to change it He will be the one to do it.
Yes for a fee probably....a lot of us are in this same boat with the trusts and divorce.....there is probably a better platform ( forum ) to ask thsee questions FSN just never sees a lot of traffic these days .... but if any of you guys get a concrete answer please send the link for the information on what you need to do if you had a trust in place while you were married and then got divorced and the guidelines of what you should have done.

And Ray....post up some links to ratemyExgirlfriend.Com ...
Nefro Please, you know you posted that sh!t... [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Rent you know you can't say the word attorney without a fee. There are other ways to do it and I'm sure they work also. When I have legal work done I will pay the fee. Just in case something does not go my way. Divorce is one place that you do not want attorneys involved. Now I owe $50 just for posting the word twice.
BIG JOE
Ft Lauderdale, Fl

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Don't mess around with all that legal stuff.
Sell everything and spend the dough on a new girl friend.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Post by boomboom » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:32 pm

If you have a revocable trust, you should have a form in your trust to add or remove trustees. My trust allows me to remove anyone at any time with just filling out the form and notification to that person that they are no longer on the trust.
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:16 am

Best to type up a revision removing one and adding the other, date it and get it notarized and witnessed by 2 people.

For example Title Page:

REVISION TO THE ______ AND __________ LIVING TRUST

A REVOCABLE TRUST DATED __________
REVISION DATED _______________

And inside put each section with revisions.

You also need to change your will.

If it gets to be too much it may be easier to revoke the whole trust, rename it, and put the property in the new trust name.

If you can get a trust form or just use the one you have as a basis its pretty easy to make your own. Using a lawyer is not a guarantee of perfection and normally they just buy trust and will forms online. Mine is based on my mothers and when she passed we found that not only had she and some investment advisors and bank managers screwed up ownership titles for many of her assets but the lawyers who did the trust also screwed up - the NAME, believe it or not. And their entire business was trusts and wills!

Here's 2 examples:
https://eforms.com/living-trust/fl/flor ... rust-form/
http://freedownloads.net/living-trust/f ... rust-form/

The only reason I've ever seen not to use a revocable living trust in Florida to avoid probate is if the estate carries much debt. Probate cuts off debt collection 3 months after advertising, with trusts its 2 years. As we have no debts it doesn't affect us.

Just make sure that ALL assets, property accounts, any new cars you buy (we didn't bother re-titling old ones) are put in the trust name with you as trustee.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

handlebar
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by handlebar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Contact: Cyrus Malhotra Esq. He is an attorney on the west coast that specializes in Gun Trusts. Tell him I recommended you. He is a former student of mine and very knowledgable, not only because I was his teacher, but he takes this stuff seriously.
Handlebar

situationalray
Life Member
Life Member

Post by situationalray » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:02 pm

handlebar wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:13 pm
Contact: Cyrus Malhotra Esq. He is an attorney on the west coast that specializes in Gun Trusts. Tell him I recommended you. He is a former student of mine and very knowledgable, not only because I was his teacher, but he takes this stuff seriously.
Thanks bro