First Traffic Citation In 44 Years!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Re: First Traffic Citation In 44 Years!

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:02 am

I remember a couple years back, my registration renewal envelope got buried under a mountain of unopened mail (I pay all my bills electronically so I don't care much for paper mail, 99% of it goes straight in the trash when I get around to looking at it).

Got pulled over for doing 2pmh over the speed limit while driving home after a late night studying for a tax exam, and I ended up with a ticket for expired registration.

For whatever reason, I'm a cop magnet. Loading donated boxes of food in my car for homeless shelters (on campus), questioned by the cops. Warming up my car, questioned by the cops (on campus). Shooting at a private gun range, not bothering anyone or breaking the rules, questioned by the cops. With all the negative interactions I've had, it's surprising that I've become more and more pro-LE as I've grown older.

As others have said, you can do traffic school.
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cubanstang50 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:07 am

44 years and no tickets! s';t, ticket clinic and no headaches. Let them take care of it. You will pay a little bit and no points. I still dont have a dash cam (procrastinate) lol but get one and it can sure save you for the most part. Another thing if you are in the box and the light is yellow and turns red while in there you are good to go but... you have to prove beyond a reasonable dought.
3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:31 am

Here's what you do.

You plead not guilty, and tell them you want a hearing. I think there are instructions on the back of the ticket.

Then you go to the hearing. Find the cop- there will a be a bunch of cops there. Find the one that gave you the ticket. He will be able to see your driving history.

Tell him you are sorry and didn't realize what you did. Ask him to dismiss it. He might. If he doesn't, just ask him for a withold (that means no points) and the over the counter fine. He'll do that for sure, based on your record.

The cops are always pretty decent. Just be a normal person.

If he doesn't show up, ask the judge to dismiss it and he will.

That's how tickets are handled. That is all the Ticket Clinic does, btw.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:44 am

Gmountain wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:31 am
Here's what you do.

You plead not guilty, and tell them you want a hearing. I think there are instructions on the back of the ticket.

Then you go to the hearing. Find the cop- there will a be a bunch of cops there. Find the one that gave you the ticket. He will be able to see your driving history.

Tell him you are sorry and didn't realize what you did. Ask him to dismiss it. He might. If he doesn't, just ask him for a withold (that means no points) and the over the counter fine. He'll do that for sure, based on your record.

The cops are always pretty decent. Just be a normal person.

If he doesn't show up, ask the judge to dismiss it and he will.

That's how tickets are handled. That is all the Ticket Clinic does, btw.
Either the cop, or the municipal prosecutor, who might do the same thing...

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:45 pm

One more tip.

Dress like you're going to church.

Judges are sick of blue jeans and Affliction Tee shirts, and he will probably mention it.

When he does, tell him that your Mother raised you to have respect for the law and the court, and watch his whole attitude change!

I went to court in 79 and did this.

When my name was called and I stood up, the judge asked "Are you TCs lawyer?"

I said "No your honor, I'm TC."

He said "At least SOMEONE knows how to dress for court!"

Guess who came across as honest and truthful? (It wasn't the other guy!)
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

photohause
Life Member
Life Member

Post by photohause » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:59 pm

TC6969 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:45 pm
One more tip.

Dress like you're going to church.

Judges are sick of blue jeans and Affliction Tee shirts, and he will probably mention it.

When he does, tell him that your Mother raised you to have respect for the law and the court, and watch his whole attitude change!

I went to court in 79 and did this.

When my name was called and I stood up, the judge asked "Are you TCs lawyer?"

I said "No your honor, I'm TC."

He said "At least SOMEONE knows how to dress for court!"

Guess who came across as honest and truthful? (It wasn't the other guy!)
^^^^Absolutely correct!!
DId this one tie and the edge thought I was a LEO.
I do this for jury duty, too. It works.
What new gun my dear, this old thing?