went to gun show at fairgrounds

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
handlebar
Executive Member
Executive Member

went to gun show at fairgrounds

Post by handlebar » Mon May 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Went to the gun show with my coin rings and had a very successful day. I sold almost my entire stock of quarter, half dollar and Sacajawea rings. I don't recall any FSN members introducing themselves, maybe next time.
Saturday was not so busy, but Sunday the crowd was bigger and more eager to buy.
I sold to kids, teens and adults who ranged from professionals to curiosity seekers.
Hope to see you at the July show.
handlebar aka mike
Handlebar

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Re: went to gun show at fairgrounds

Post by N4KVE » Mon May 28, 2018 11:18 pm

Most of the gun vendors were at the Miami show, because they always do better in Miami, vs WPB. Glad you did well with the rings. If I’m not working that weekend, I’ll definitely stop by & say “Hi”. GARY.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 pm

I'm glad you had good business there. I'd have liked to have gone to it since I live (and used to work at) the fair grounds, but money is extremely tight and can't really spare even the entry fee there.

That and they don't let you carry, which is some other level of bullshit since the SF Fair does.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Tue May 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Skoll wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 pm

That and they don't let you carry, which is some other level of bullshit since the SF Fair does.
Uh, no. Guns are not permitted to be carried at the Fair. I go every year, & they check. The people who insure these events stipulate this. Even then, careless discharges still happen. So guns are not allowed to be carried during the Fair. GARY.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue May 29, 2018 9:59 pm

N4KVE wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:14 pm
Skoll wrote:

Uh, no. Guns are not permitted to be carried at the Fair. I go every year, & they check. The people who insure these events stipulate this. Even then, careless discharges still happen. So guns are not allowed to be carried during the Fair. GARY.
Weird, my friend has worked there for over a decade and has carried there and told me it's allowed as long as you inform one of the officers. I know for a fact you can carry at the one in Tampa.

E: Just went to independently confirm it and you go through the main entrance and have to show the PBSO deputy your CCW so they can confirm it. Then it's gravy so you're obviously being misinformed then.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Wed May 30, 2018 5:00 am

I guess I am. I know some big shots there, & get comped entry every year. They know of my involvement with SS, & when I get there, I’m told to leave it in the car as they hand me my free entry passes. It doesn’t bother me. GARY.

p7fl

Post by p7fl » Wed May 30, 2018 5:13 am

With all the people new to gun safety and buyers who who know better but distracted taking sight pictures, It is one place I am happy to have a no CCW policy.
Question:
I was looking at a 442 PC and wanted to pull the trigger. Seller said No.
Do you think he was too lazy to take the plastic off, or worried about creating a ring on the cylinder?

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Wed May 30, 2018 5:46 am

Skoll wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:59 pm
N4KVE wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:14 pm
Skoll wrote:

Weird, my friend has worked there for over a decade and has carried there and told me it's allowed as long as you inform one of the officers. I know for a fact you can carry at the one in Tampa.

E: Just went to independently confirm it and you go through the main entrance and have to show the PBSO deputy your CCW so they can confirm it. Then it's gravy so you're obviously being misinformed then.
This^

Show your ccw and you good to go.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed May 30, 2018 2:38 pm

N4KVE wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:00 am
I guess I am. I know some big shots there, & get comped entry every year. They know of my involvement with SS, & when I get there, I’m told to leave it in the car as they hand me my free entry passes. It doesn’t bother me. GARY.
The more you know, I guess. Least you get in free. Even when I worked for Sound Advice/Cruzan/ etc/ whatever they call it now, I still had to pay for the fair if I went. :ber

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Wed May 30, 2018 8:14 pm

Skoll wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:38 pm
N4KVE wrote:
The more you know, I guess. Least you get in free. Even when I worked for Sound Advice/Cruzan/ etc/ whatever they call it now, I still had to pay for the fair if I went. :ber
You have to know the right big shots.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed May 30, 2018 8:56 pm

n0rlf wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:14 pm
Skoll wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:38 pm
N4KVE wrote:
You have to know the right big shots.
Should have just slept with one of the event staff, like my old boss there was doing.