Parkland victims go after gun maker immunity law

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
camacho

Post by camacho » Thu May 24, 2018 8:55 pm

GunsandHoses

Re: Parkland victims go after gun maker immunity law

Post by GunsandHoses » Thu May 24, 2018 9:05 pm

Douchebags! Wonder if he wants to sue the automobile manufacturers for all the deaths THEY "cause"?

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Thu May 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Hold on while I sue Hershey's for giving me diabetes.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 pm

Did the S&W AR malfunction? How was S&W negligent? How was the store who sold the gun negligent? The only negligent party was BSO, who did NOT report the numerous visits to Cruz’s residence to the FDLE. GARY.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu May 24, 2018 11:07 pm

N4KVE wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 pm
Did the S&W AR malfunction? How was S&W negligent? How was the store who sold the gun negligent? The only negligent party was BSO, who did NOT report the numerous visits to Cruz’s residence to the FDLE. GARY.
It has nothing to do with any of that. Their goal is to make firearm manufacturing such a legal liability that the businesses involved are forced to either only sell to government agencies and maybe licensed security services or risk going bankrupt from constant frivolous lawsuits. They are trying to create a situation that forces them to only sell weapons to who they deem worthy.
Libertas aut mortis!

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Fri May 25, 2018 5:37 am

Sorry but a few ambulance chasing lawyers from Miami are not going to succeed in changing the protection.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:43 am

The state law duplicates the federal one and every single lawsuit filed against them has failed.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Fri May 25, 2018 8:35 am

Unfortunately the defendants still have to hire expensive lawyers and waste time in court.
All just to fend off legal theft.
When the law suits fail, does the plaintiff have to pay the defendants legal fees?
If so, wonder if the families being talked into these shenanigans realize that.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Fri May 25, 2018 9:09 am

g.willikers wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:35 am
Unfortunately the defendants still have to hire expensive lawyers and waste time in court.
All just to fend off legal theft.
When the law suits fail, does the plaintiff have to pay the defendants legal fees?
If so, wonder if the families being talked into these shenanigans realize that.
It depends, sometimes the plaintiffs must pay the defendant’s legal fees but the defendants have to pursue that in court and then the court has to award it them. So to get them they need to spend even more time and money and court without a guarantee. What judge and jury is going to punish a “grieving family” that way even if their lawsuit was frivolous?
Libertas aut mortis!

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Fri May 25, 2018 9:24 am

GunsandHoses wrote:Douchebags! Wonder if he wants to sue the automobile manufacturers for all the deaths THEY "cause"?
Skoll wrote:Hold on while I sue Hershey's for giving me diabetes.
Yep, exactly...where does it end?
Can we sue the parents of these libiots for conceiving such a bunch of dumbass enemies of freedom in America?
R/Griff

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Fri May 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:07 pm
N4KVE wrote:
It has nothing to do with any of that. Their goal is to make firearm manufacturing such a legal liability that the businesses involved are forced to either only sell to government agencies and maybe licensed security services or risk going bankrupt from constant frivolous lawsuits. They are trying to create a situation that forces them to only sell weapons to who they deem worthy.
Exactly. As with other attempts to create a snowstorm of ordinances, these clowns can't win in an election, legislature, or court, so they try to do an end run.
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Fri May 25, 2018 1:28 pm

LOL, I don't know why anyone expects them to play fair. It's a rigged game.

patw
Life Member
Life Member

Post by patw » Sat May 26, 2018 10:10 am

The saddest part is these idiots will cause such a landslide for other items for people to sue: automobile companies with drunk/impaired drivers, tool manufacturers for when idiots don't know how to operate them,etc.. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if that is their intention, the way they want everything for free and don't want to work.

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Sat May 26, 2018 1:11 pm

patw wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:10 am
The saddest part is these idiots will cause such a landslide for other items for people to sue: automobile companies with drunk/impaired drivers, tool manufacturers for when idiots don't know how to operate them,etc.. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if that is their intention, the way they want everything for free and don't want to work.
Exactly. For most things, it's gone that way already. Look at all the warnings on tools, pharmaceuticals, etc. How about the ''pre warning and post warning'' Rugers and others. All lawyerspeak, because a good lawyer anticipates the risks. Sure, some specific items are the result of lawsuits but, now one needs get ahead of the curve.

Yes, your conclusion is correct, there is the goal of a payday in many cases.
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Post by boomboom » Sat May 26, 2018 4:56 pm

patw wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:10 am
One of the dumbest I've heard was some years ago a horse somehow got out of a fenced yard and while running along, it went over a small cliff falling on top a of Ford Mustang (how ironic right) and crushed the roof, killing the driver. His family sued Ford Mo. Co, because they didn't make the roof strong enough to withstand a falling horse. They won millions.....
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Sat May 26, 2018 5:23 pm

Let me guess, the deceased was driving a convertible...
R/Griff

camacho

Post by camacho » Mon May 28, 2018 8:02 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
N4KVE wrote:
Yep, that’s exactly the grand design of those lawsuits.

avmech
Contributor
Contributor

Post by avmech » Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 am

dammitgriff wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:24 am
Can we sue the parents of these libiots for conceiving such a bunch of dumbass enemies of freedom in America?
R/Griff
Now that is a lawsuit I can get behind

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Tue May 29, 2018 2:44 pm

avmech wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:09 am
dammitgriff wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:24 am
R/Griff
Now that is a lawsuit I can get behind
Hard to collect from single mothers.