Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3990
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: West Palm Beach,FL

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by captain steinbrenner » Tue May 22, 2018 10:17 am

I wish you get the justice you’re looking for, if that happened to me that POS would be leaking blood as soon he touched my shoulder, no way I let anybody put their hands on me, no f#;.,/g way.
Why you let him man handle you is beyond my comprehension, sorry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

User avatar
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 23279
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:09 pm
Location: Finally relaxin in the country in Citrus Co

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue May 22, 2018 2:46 pm

Skoll wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 pm
Belittling the guy does nothing, he was only asking for help. Granted, it may be nefarious and possibly frivolous, but none of us can know for sure. One thing I do know is that most companies in right to work states relish the chance to f/;k an employee.

I have a legitimate injury that put me out of work and if some random told me to just "man up" over it, I'd be pissed and give them a thing or two on my mind. You can't blame someone for looking after their own interests, especially if they're recently unemployed.
a piece of your mind is almost as worthless as doing nothing about it , stand up for yourself man

I was a fat kid in school, got bullied, did I shoot up the place, hell no, my father put me into martial arts and I learned not to take sh!t....thats the problem with younger kids today, no self esteem...you could have invited that guy out for a beer and tried to speak with him, if that didn't work kick his ass in the parking lot of the bar....violence IS the answer and has always been
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

User avatar
Skoll
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:26 pm
Location: Palm Beach

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by Skoll » Tue May 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:46 pm
Skoll wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:16 pm
Belittling the guy does nothing, he was only asking for help. Granted, it may be nefarious and possibly frivolous, but none of us can know for sure. One thing I do know is that most companies in right to work states relish the chance to f/;k an employee.

I have a legitimate injury that put me out of work and if some random told me to just "man up" over it, I'd be pissed and give them a thing or two on my mind. You can't blame someone for looking after their own interests, especially if they're recently unemployed.
a piece of your mind is almost as worthless as doing nothing about it , stand up for yourself man

I was a fat kid in school, got bullied, did I shoot up the place, hell no, my father put me into martial arts and I learned not to take sh!t....thats the problem with younger kids today, no self esteem...you could have invited that guy out for a beer and tried to speak with him, if that didn't work kick his ass in the parking lot of the bar....violence IS the answer and has always been
You just have to accept that your world is not todays world. I don't agree with it, but time goes on. He's not going to be able to kick the s';t out of some desk jockey without major repercussions, white collar and blue collar are very different like that. I've had my share of straightening people out but then again, I worked in an auto shop and high stress and high tempers is the norm in that kind of environment.

As for kids today and their s';t self esteem, I agree but that issue goes so much deeper than just parenting. Kids today are constantly connected to their peers due to technology, there is no "off" switch to them. That has to be hugely stressful by itself.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

User avatar
23Preacher
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: On the river in Deland, Volusia county

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by 23Preacher » Tue May 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Give a couple dindu gangbangers a picture of the guy,tell them that when you see him "bruised" up a little,you'll give them some cash....its real easy,sub out the work you don't want to do.

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14701
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by tector » Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Look, this guy said he is trying to provide for his family. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride to keep food on the table. There is a certain dignity to that, putting your family's needs before your own urge for revenge.

Was it handled right? No, it should have been addressed at the time, but not through some macho bullshit that could have made him look like the bad guy--out of a job, maybe in jail.

Lesson learned, sir. See a decent lawyer. Let him judge the case at this late date. People here aren't qualified for s';t on such issues. I am pessimistic myself, but I could be wrong.

The rest of you--your big dick contest is boring already. Give him a break.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
TampaShooters
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3238
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: TAMPA BAY, FL

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by TampaShooters » Tue May 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Good luck. It's going to be tough to prove since you have to proof.

$300/he says you should run away.

My advice, kick yourself in the crotch and move on, you can't win.
Member: NRA Lifetime & GSSF
Glock Armorer
U.S. Navy Veteran (Gator Navy)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

User avatar
TampaShooters
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3238
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: TAMPA BAY, FL

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by TampaShooters » Tue May 22, 2018 3:30 pm

tector wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:09 pm
Look, this guy said he is trying to provide for his family. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride to keep food on the table. There is a certain dignity to that, putting your family's needs before your own urge for revenge.

Was it handled right? No, it should have been addressed at the time, but not through some macho bullshit that could have made him look like the bad guy--out of a job, maybe in jail.

Lesson learned, sir. See a decent lawyer. Let him judge the case at this late date. People here aren't qualified for s';t on such issues. I am pessimistic myself, but I could be wrong.

The rest of you--your big dick contest is boring already. Give him a break.
Yes, some of us can be harsh, but $300/he says it's foolish if you have a family and no proof.

He should consult a lawyer, but I went through this and had so much proof it was sickening.. in the end, we got a rehire status and personnel file sealed to future employers.... We were out $10k.
Member: NRA Lifetime & GSSF
Glock Armorer
U.S. Navy Veteran (Gator Navy)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:35 pm
Location: Martin County

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by Gmountain » Tue May 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Gmountain wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 pm
So it wasn't a problem until you lost your job?

What do you want out of it? Are you looking for money?
Still waiting for the answer here.

User avatar
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5635
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Location: Oldsmar, Florida USA

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by jjk308 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:50 am

Florida is an at-will state, which means an employer may fire, demote, hire, promote and discipline employees for pretty much any reason, or no reason at all. So you have no reason to sue your former employer because of being fired. I doubt they have a company policy allowing physical abuse so a case against them would be tough to make. This is unfortunate as they are the "deep pockets" and their insurer might possibly offer a settlement just to avoid litigation.

It wasn't legal for your boss to hit you but your failure to file a complaint when he did it may have badly hurt any chance of your winning a civil suite against him. You will need proof he did it, likely your fellow employees would have to testify. You have 4 years from the date of the incident to file.

What you should have done was immediately seem a doctor, file for workers compensation, and file a former complaint with HR and with the police, too.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

User avatar
bmup
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Boca Raton

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by bmup » Wed May 23, 2018 5:00 pm

jjk308 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:50 am
Florida is an at-will state, which means an employer may fire, demote, hire, promote and discipline employees for pretty much any reason, or no reason at all. So you have no reason to sue your former employer because of being fired. I doubt they have a company policy allowing physical abuse so a case against them would be tough to make. This is unfortunate as they are the "deep pockets" and their insurer might possibly offer a settlement just to avoid litigation.

It wasn't legal for your boss to hit you but your failure to file a complaint when he did it may have badly hurt any chance of your winning a civil suite against him. You will need proof he did it, likely your fellow employees would have to testify. You have 4 years from the date of the incident to file.

What you should have done was immediately seem a doctor, file for workers compensation, and file a former complaint with HR and with the police, too.
The only way he'd stand a chance would be if his former boss's name was Bill Cosby, Matt Lauer or Harvey Weinstein. Even then it would be pretty dodgy...
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

momoshooter
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 11:39 am

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by momoshooter » Wed May 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Gmountain wrote:
Gmountain wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 pm
So it wasn't a problem until you lost your job?

What do you want out of it? Are you looking for money?
Still waiting for the answer here.

First off I’d like to thank all my Brothers on here who have taken the time to respond.
Yes, even those with half-assed answers.
Also, a few of you made me laugh my ass off and thats worth a lot to me personally as well.

So, ive had a chance to talk this point over about the money from day one.

When they “eliminated” my position they offered a severance a few thousand. That came with the condition of signing over any and all interests, claims, blah F-king blah.

I said no to the money then, and havent asked for a dime or made threats.

I simply wrote a 7 page detailed report of all events up to the point of becoming a punching bag and events shortly there after, to HR and the parent company’s CEO and CFO and cc’d those Sr. Execs at the child company where I worked.

At this point I could give a Sh*t about the severance, any money coming to me for pain/ suffering etc.

i’d sign 100% over to a lawyer if I can bring the SOB to court and have him perjure himself in court.

This guy is your typical whiny-ass SOB all ego that would talk a big game and never do sh*t if really called out.

I would pay to see him lie in a court of law.

That’s what I want out of this.

For him to know that I dragged him out of his safe ivory tower and made him lie to court officials about striking me.

Im openly asking any of you out there if you know legal council that would help me thru this, I’ll sign over whatever proceeds to him.


Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:35 pm
Location: Martin County

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by Gmountain » Wed May 23, 2018 5:45 pm

momoshooter wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:35 pm
Gmountain wrote:
Gmountain wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 pm
So it wasn't a problem until you lost your job?

What do you want out of it? Are you looking for money?
Still waiting for the answer here.

First off I’d like to thank all my Brothers on here who have taken the time to respond.
Yes, even those with half-assed answers.
Also, a few of you made me laugh my ass off and thats worth a lot to me personally as well.

So, ive had a chance to talk this point over about the money from day one.

When they “eliminated” my position they offered a severance a few thousand. That came with the condition of signing over any and all interests, claims, blah F-king blah.

I said no to the money then, and havent asked for a dime or made threats.

I simply wrote a 7 page detailed report of all events up to the point of becoming a punching bag and events shortly there after, to HR and the parent company’s CEO and CFO and cc’d those Sr. Execs at the child company where I worked.

At this point I could give a Sh*t about the severance, any money coming to me for pain/ suffering etc.

i’d sign 100% over to a lawyer if I can bring the SOB to court and have him perjure himself in court.

This guy is your typical whiny-ass SOB all ego that would talk a big game and never do sh*t if really called out.

I would pay to see him lie in a court of law.

That’s what I want out of this.

For him to know that I dragged him out of his safe ivory tower and made him lie to court officials about striking me.

Im openly asking any of you out there if you know legal council that would help me thru this, I’ll sign over whatever proceeds to him.
How do you plan to prove it?

momoshooter
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 11:39 am

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by momoshooter » Wed May 23, 2018 5:57 pm

Gmountain wrote:
momoshooter wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:35 pm
Gmountain wrote:
Gmountain wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 pm
So it wasn't a problem until you lost your job?

What do you want out of it? Are you looking for money?
Still waiting for the answer here.

First off I’d like to thank all my Brothers on here who have taken the time to respond.
Yes, even those with half-assed answers.
Also, a few of you made me laugh my ass off and thats worth a lot to me personally as well.

So, ive had a chance to talk this point over about the money from day one.

When they “eliminated” my position they offered a severance a few thousand. That came with the condition of signing over any and all interests, claims, blah F-king blah.

I said no to the money then, and havent asked for a dime or made threats.

I simply wrote a 7 page detailed report of all events up to the point of becoming a punching bag and events shortly there after, to HR and the parent company’s CEO and CFO and cc’d those Sr. Execs at the child company where I worked.

At this point I could give a Sh*t about the severance, any money coming to me for pain/ suffering etc.

i’d sign 100% over to a lawyer if I can bring the SOB to court and have him perjure himself in court.

This guy is your typical whiny-ass SOB all ego that would talk a big game and never do sh*t if really called out.

I would pay to see him lie in a court of law.

That’s what I want out of this.

For him to know that I dragged him out of his safe ivory tower and made him lie to court officials about striking me.

Im openly asking any of you out there if you know legal council that would help me thru this, I’ll sign over whatever proceeds to him.
How do you plan to prove it?
So, specifically I have a few things that I am counting on;

1) Right when it happened I told co-workers specifically team members that were close to me, respected me and trusted me to lead them.
They knew I was telling the truth.

2) I documented it on their email system writing a very detailed report to the co-worker sitting across from me. They have by law a 7-yr email retention policy for all emails

3) There was a history of this guy throwing office chairs in meetings and other hearsay, but shows precedence of these type actions by him

4) Subpoena those that will be willing to testify that I told them right when it happened and also fear of losing job, which is why I didnt go running to HR.

5) there was a witness in the office. However, that person reports directly to him. My gut is will he perjure himself as well if subpoena’d?
Good for him lemme see him do it.
LIVE with the fact you are a coward without the balls to tell the truth. Put yourself at risk that I dont have further proof waiting to be provided in a court of law.

6) I have nothing but time and energy to put towards chipping away and NOT going away all that easy.

I like what someone said about filing a police report.

Need to look into that.

If this guy sees this come across his desk, maaaaybe itll sink in.

Im not going away.



User avatar
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 23279
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:09 pm
Location: Finally relaxin in the country in Citrus Co

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:07 pm

I have the gift of forward-thinking and I see this guy coming after you ....you should have hit him with a bat and been the end of it just my two cents
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

User avatar
n0rlf
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2371
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:43 pm
Location: Tennessee. Finally

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by n0rlf » Wed May 23, 2018 6:11 pm

I am pretty sure I would case discussing this on s open forum. But that is just me. Discovery is tough, it is tougher when you are too open.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

momoshooter
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 11:39 am

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by momoshooter » Wed May 23, 2018 6:16 pm

tector wrote:Look, this guy said he is trying to provide for his family. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride to keep food on the table. There is a certain dignity to that, putting your family's needs before your own urge for revenge.

Was it handled right? No, it should have been addressed at the time, but not through some macho bullshit that could have made him look like the bad guy--out of a job, maybe in jail.

Lesson learned, sir. See a decent lawyer. Let him judge the case at this late date. People here aren't qualified for s';t on such issues. I am pessimistic myself, but I could be wrong.

The rest of you--your big dick contest is boring already. Give him a break.
Thank you for the post.

I knew I’d get a few replies that would just throw sh*t my way. But was hoping to get a reality check from those that put some thought into it.

Much appreciated.

Its a horrible feeling to lose a job this way.


momoshooter
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 11:39 am

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by momoshooter » Wed May 23, 2018 6:19 pm

n0rlf wrote:I am pretty sure I would case discussing this on s open forum. But that is just me. Discovery is tough, it is tougher when you are too open.
I considered this as well.
Noted.

But again,, i have absolutely nothing to hide.

In fact, the more light the better.


User avatar
10MMGary
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 11:25 am
Location: Brandon/Venus FL.

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by 10MMGary » Wed May 23, 2018 9:22 pm

You have a choice, let this live in your head rent free or learn from it stay strong and move on. Which do you think is the best course of action for you & your family? Besides there is some adage about proper etiquette when serving revenge cold or some s';t. Good luck and vent on it is cheaper than therapy or a lawyer.
When people ask me "do your dogs bite?", I tell them of course my dogs bite, all dogs bite. The question should be will your dogs bite me?

User avatar
TampaShooters
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3238
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:18 pm
Location: TAMPA BAY, FL

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by TampaShooters » Thu May 24, 2018 6:20 am

While this guy may be a douche... You have to think of the bigger picture... He may be the key to you getting or losing your next job.

In the end, even if you win, you're going to lose in more ways.
Member: NRA Lifetime & GSSF
Glock Armorer
U.S. Navy Veteran (Gator Navy)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:40 am
Location: Manatee County

Re: Need a good lawyer in SoFlo

Post by boomboom » Thu May 24, 2018 8:15 am

momoshooter wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:19 pm
n0rlf wrote:I am pretty sure I would case discussing this on s open forum. But that is just me. Discovery is tough, it is tougher when you are too open.
I considered this as well.
Noted.

But again,, i have absolutely nothing to hide.

In fact, the more light the better.
Most lawyers have a free consultation to see if the case is worth taking. So far you haven't had any responses to a recommended attorney so I would go shopping. Look up work related injury lawyers in your area and set up some appointments to talk to three or four, get their opinions.
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

Post Reply