I'm going to tick off some people saying this....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause
Life Member
Life Member

I'm going to tick off some people saying this....

Post by photohause » Sun May 20, 2018 3:29 pm

WHY, do people HAVE to bring their pets to the grocery store; Home Depot/Lowes; Dollar Store; and so on?!?!?!?!??!

I've been in our local Publix and saw three parrots on the cart handle. Holy Guacamole! And I don't want to see any on the floor.

Little fluffy in the child seat...I'm sure it is sterilized afterwards. Big Fido walking in the isles with mommy.

And I wonder how many FIfi's sitting in daddy's lap while he's driving
his 1996 El Dorado tank rand ready to take out a school bus ion nuns.

I'm in Wally's and I'm looking for something on the shelf and I feel a ***** at my ankle -Ouch! I step back and step on a little doggies paw and then yell, yelp, yelp! The dam thing was wearing a "Comfort Dawg" smock. WTF is the owner who need the compassionate love from the monster?

Wally's has a "Not getting involved" policy.

Publix has been taken to court so many times they have to allow it, unless: 1. The animal pee pees or worse, they can disallow further entrance.
2. The animal injures a patron and then, get this, IT A CIVIL MATTER between the pet owner and the injured party. WTF? I want to go shopping without worrying about getting maimed or worse.
This is not a rant about service dogs.

I'm thinking about shopping with a golf club.
Last edited by photohause on Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What new gun my dear, this old thing?

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Re: I'm going to tick off some people saying this....

Post by zeebaron » Sun May 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Furry anxiety medication for crazies or narcissistic supply. And then there's the rare genuine service dog.

Either way, you can't win enforcing any rules as a business these days with social media.
Last edited by zeebaron on Sun May 20, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sun May 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Where do you live that you see this happening? I've rarely seen pets in groceries stores down here.

Not that I disagree with you, it's just not a thing I've witnessed a whole bunch of.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

photohause
Life Member
Life Member

Post by photohause » Sun May 20, 2018 4:03 pm

Pick a day here, that's how frequent. Ho, once I witnessed one dog meeting another in a isle...Fight on isle 14...
What new gun my dear, this old thing?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:26 pm

ever since they started selling service dog vests on ebay its been a thing, I don't care about Walmart or Lowes, but the grocery store and restaurants

its easy to spot a fake service dog, it will be the one pulling the owners arm off to get that french fry on the floor , thats when you can embarrass the crap out of them
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE » Sun May 20, 2018 5:07 pm

They are everywhere down here. Grocery stores, Restaurants, Walgreens. Don't get me wrong I love dogs. Just not everywhere I go and spend money.
There always those little rat dogs. I have never seen a German Shepard strolling the isles in Publix.
BIG JOE
Ft Lauderdale, Fl

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sun May 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Took my mom out for a Christmas dinner a couple of years ago, some crazy bitch had her dog there. Freaked my mom out. If you are so f#;.,/g crazy that you can't go out to eat without a dog, then don't go out to eat. Or kill yourself already.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Sun May 20, 2018 5:12 pm

BIG JOE wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:07 pm
There always those little rat dogs. I have never seen a German Shepard strolling the isles in Publix.
I see a big dog maybe once a year, and about a 50% chance it will be rigged up as a blind person's service dog.

TampaShooters
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TampaShooters » Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 pm

Was on a cruise a free months ago and crazy old lady has to have her ankle but biter everywhere with her, including buffet line.

Service dogs, I don't mind, they know their place. These comfort animals are just pets and aren't trained in anything.

Businesses are afraid to say anything in fear of the snowflake backlash.
Last edited by TampaShooters on Sun May 20, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member: NRA Lifetime & GSSF
Glock Armorer
U.S. Navy Veteran (Gator Navy)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Sun May 20, 2018 5:38 pm

I’m a dog guy and I agree that unless the dog is a legitimate service dog he shouldn’t be inside the grocery store.

My wife and I took a trip over spring break with our dog and stopped for groceries just before reaching our destination. She went inside for groceries while the dog and I stayed outside in the car, took a walk through the grass, but didn’t go inside and this was the mountains of Tennessee with 30 degree weather, it was cold, we still stayed outside, used the car to stay warm after the dog had a chance to pee.
Libertas aut mortis!

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Sun May 20, 2018 6:24 pm

im with ya..disgusts me....aint my dog....
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Post by boomboom » Sun May 20, 2018 6:29 pm

I've seen more than a few times, the owners stop on the way in to the store, let Fido take a dump in the island just in front of the entrance to stores, including Walmart and Publix, then put Fido and it's dirty ass into a cart and wheel the ankle biter around. Guess what, the next cart user gets Fidos crap residue on their groceries, and takes it home with them. This needs to stop. Not so many years ago, it never happened, now its quite common. If you are handicapped to the point of needing a support animal, other than a true service dog, you need to be in a mental hospital for your issues.
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

pokeeejoe
Life Member
Life Member

Post by pokeeejoe » Sun May 20, 2018 7:04 pm

It would be easy to make a little 9V screamer device that only the dogs could hear. They'd go nuts. Of course, the prudent dog baiter would include an ON/OFF switch so it wouldn't be screaming all the time :-)

I made something similar for a co-worker. It was tuned to make noise on the local CB band and was low powered so it only worked when tossed onto the neighbor's roof, near his CB antenna :-)

patw
Life Member
Life Member

Post by patw » Sun May 20, 2018 7:21 pm

I agree with you. My wife had to go to the ER a little while back and a guy walked in with his dog. It was not a seeing eye dog but a comfort dog. When did this become the norm? Emotional pets? If you can't leave your house without your animal because you are too sensitive, you don't need to leave the house. I am waiting for someone to slip or fall due to pee or poop on the floor of some store and this will all end. Someone will have a windfall.

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Sun May 20, 2018 7:49 pm

I'm with you. Every f#;.,/g place I go, someone has their dog. The dog would be happier at home.

I was in a mediation on day and a woman was looking at her phone, and said "would you like to see my dog?"

I said: "Sure."

Next thing I know, she pulled her dog out of her purse. What the hell? Who carries a dog in their purse? What the hell was wrong with her. Then she put the fog back in the purse, and the rest of the day I keep seeing the purse move.

George W
Life Member
Life Member

Post by George W » Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 pm

I completely understand the BS of "comfort animals" and false "service animals. However, some places like Lowes and Tractor Supply actually advertise that they are pet friendly. I often take my Boston with me to Lowes when I need something. He enjoys the smells and people. I enjoy being out with something I like a lot more than people. I walk him before leaving home and again before coming into the store so he never pisses or shits inside. I would never think of taking him into Wally world or a grocery store, but a trip to the hardware store???? Absolutely, especially if it is to a place that actually encourages it.
Half of my resolutions to problems come with a cold sweat somewhere around 2 am.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Sun May 20, 2018 11:28 pm

The problem is nobody wants to challenge the fake service dogs/comfort dogs for fear of discrimination lawsuits.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Casual
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Casual » Mon May 21, 2018 12:01 am

Diabetes service dogs.... bitch stab yourself like everyone else and check your sugar
"What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?"

wolfdog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wolfdog » Mon May 21, 2018 5:22 am

I have had dogs that went everywhere with me. But they stayed in the car or truck. In hot or cold weather I would leave vehicle running.
If you are going to be stupid, you have to be tough.