I'm going to tick off some people saying this....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Re: I'm going to tick off some people saying this....

Post by Gmountain » Mon May 21, 2018 6:09 am

molivo wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:28 pm
The problem is nobody wants to challenge the fake service dogs/comfort dogs for fear of discrimination lawsuits.
Toojay's restaurant has a sign that says service dogs allowed, and"comfort" dogs are not service dogs.

PzGren

Post by PzGren » Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 am

I have no problems with dogs in restaurants, nor kids, as long as they behave. In Germany that has been common for decades but children and dogs, and especially dogs, still behave much better there than here. For a dog that means to lay down under the table and stay there, if it does not stay there or barks and growls the dog has to leave.

As for service dogs, my oldest son has a Giant Schnauzer that he registered as a service dog. It is a simple process and costs $100. He did it to save on rent and have a real dog, not a little battery operated critter. Having it registered as a service dog lifts the size and breed restrictions.

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Mon May 21, 2018 8:04 am

PzGren wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 am
I have no problems with dogs in restaurants, nor kids, as long as they behave. In Germany that has been common for decades but children and dogs, and especially dogs, still behave much better there than here. For a dog that means to lay down under the table and stay there, if it does not stay there or barks and growls the dog has to leave.

As for service dogs, my oldest son has a Giant Schnauzer that he registered as a service dog. It is a simple process and costs $100. He did it to save on rent and have a real dog, not a little battery operated critter. Having it registered as a service dog lifts the size and breed restrictions.
That kind of abuse is why people are pissed off. Shame.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Mon May 21, 2018 10:04 am

Gmountain wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:04 am
PzGren wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 am

That kind of abuse is why people are pissed off. Shame.
Exactly. Frankly it's akin to people faking disability to get a disability parking permit.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

George W
Life Member
Life Member

Post by George W » Mon May 21, 2018 10:28 am

molivo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:04 am
Exactly. Frankly it's akin to people faking disability to get a disability parking permit.
It is pretty hard to fake a disability to get a DP permit as they changed the guidelines a few years back. What you will see a lot is people using someone else's placard. This really pisses me off as I see it every day at work.... Here I am looking for a handicap space when I come in and all I see are full spaces with people that work 12 hour shifts on their feet the whole time. The whole predicate of needing one is the inability to walk more than 100 feet without having to stop and rest.
Half of my resolutions to problems come with a cold sweat somewhere around 2 am.

photohause
Life Member
Life Member

Post by photohause » Mon May 21, 2018 11:58 am

pokeeejoe wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:04 pm
It would be easy to make a little 9V screamer device that only the dogs could hear. They'd go nuts. Of course, the prudent dog baiter would include an ON/OFF switch so it wouldn't be screaming all the time :-)

I made something similar for a co-worker. It was tuned to make noise on the local CB band and was low powered so it only worked when tossed onto the neighbor's roof, near his CB antenna :-)
I WANT THWSW PLANS!
What new gun my dear, this old thing?

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Mon May 21, 2018 12:01 pm

photohause wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:58 am
pokeeejoe wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:04 pm
It would be easy to make a little 9V screamer device that only the dogs could hear. They'd go nuts. Of course, the prudent dog baiter would include an ON/OFF switch so it wouldn't be screaming all the time :-)

I made something similar for a co-worker. It was tuned to make noise on the local CB band and was low powered so it only worked when tossed onto the neighbor's roof, near his CB antenna :-)
I WANT THWSW PLANS!
I guess there are some products already on the market:

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Repelle ... B07CTFR4WQ

https://www.amazon.com/Dazer-Ultrasonic ... B0163N43YQ

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Mon May 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Casual wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 12:01 am
Diabetes service dogs.... bitch stab yourself like everyone else and check your sugar
Hard to do when within 5 minutes my Blood Glucose can drop to the mid 20's. Try that sometime good sir! Look up brittle diabetes sometime. The true diabetic with issues however is not the problem. I do not take my dog into stores. Of course I am lucky enough to have family around that can go with me that know the signs.

Yes I am in a trial for a device that constantly monitors my BG levels. Hopeful at this point as it seems to be working.

So as usual there is always an exception. However it is correct that this has been overdone by any stretch. I too am sick of seeing dogs everywhere I go.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 pm

so your dog bites you, then checks your sugar and administers Insulin ?? =:wvr

sounds like you shouldn't leave the house, have your drivers license revoked, etc.... you're a burden to society
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm getting an emotional support Iguana. [smilie=011.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm

jjk308 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 pm
An Al pacca would be wayyyy cooler
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Mon May 21, 2018 3:43 pm

jjk308 wrote:
I'm thinking an emo support Tarantula would be cool.

Back on subject, sort of, it's not the dogs that bother me, it's their humans that I wish would stay home.
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Mon May 21, 2018 4:27 pm

wolfdog wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:22 am
I have had dogs that went everywhere with me. But they stayed in the car or truck. In hot or cold weather I would leave vehicle running.
Problem with that is engines and AC units can fail at the worst times. If it happens to fail when you are inside poor Fido will be roasting until you come back out and in Florida heat it doesn’t take long at all for the temperature to reach life threatening levels. Something as simple as a failed pressure switch or blown fuse and you might not have a dog anymore.
Libertas aut mortis!

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Mon May 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 pm
so your dog bites you, then checks your sugar and administers Insulin ?? =:wvr

sounds like you shouldn't leave the house, have your drivers license revoked, etc.... you're a burden to society
Not quite. Dog alerts if it senses my blood sugar is dropping. Yeah Google it, a very real issue. Also does well when it happens at night when I am asleep. Squirt will while and grab at me until myself out someone checks. The dog is trained to do that by smell. He can tell my sugar far better and faster than I can. Then we check with the meter and adjust it as needed.

Say what you want but it has saved my life. Now, I understand only 1 percent of those needing the dogs are not the ones folks complain about. You see most of us understand how people feel and don't take our dog into the grocery stores.

And no I no longer drive alone. You are correct there. I already lost my CDL.
Remember:
2 truths in life

Waldo1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Waldo1 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:14 pm

Jeepsnguns wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:43 pm
jjk308 wrote:

Back on subject, sort of, it's not the dogs that bother me, it's their humans that I wish would stay home.
Hornets, Jon. Bald-Faced hornets. Emotional Support, Bald-Faced hornets. Me, getting on a plane, holding a tree branch with this bigass paper nest hanging off it. Telling the Flight Attendant that my support animals and I would feel more relaxed if we could sit in an Exit Row and have 4 Bloody Marys before the flight leaves.
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." -Harlan Ellison

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Mon May 21, 2018 5:37 pm

There are valid reasons for Support Dogs and I think we can all agree on that. The real ones are trained and unbelievably helpful to their owners.

"Miniature Toy and TeaCup Poodles" are general not used for such purposes.
Here in "Beautiful Downtown Boca Raton" I think I've seen more Emotional Support Dog vests than anyone else on this forum except for our brave airline pilots and stewardesses who fly the Fla-To-NY-To-Fla corridor daily. (May God watch over you all and keep you safe) These people are um, "Special" and really should be riding in the Short Bus or the Short Plane, whichever applies. They are a plague on society but think they ARE Society. f/;k em & the ho they rode in on.

/Rant off & I probably shouldn't drink & post but f/;k that too. It's been a long, long fucked up Monday. [smilie=011.gif]

Cheers
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Mon May 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Like anything else there are always those that screw it up for the rest. Hell I tried to get my wife to let me get a diabetes hooker instead of a dog. You can guess how well that worked.

And in case anyone (this is for you Rent) cares or wonders:

https://www.healthline.com/health/type-2-diabetes/dogs

Yeah most of what I need happens at night. That is another reason I do not take him into a grocery or other store. But he does travel with me. Mainly due to motel stays when I travel. He can alert me before my level gets to dangerous stage. We are even working on training him to hit a alert button if I do not respond. Yeah the "I have fallen and can't get up button". Lol
Remember:
2 truths in life

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Mon May 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Waldo1 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 5:14 pm
Jeepsnguns wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:43 pm
jjk308 wrote:

Hornets, Jon. Bald-Faced hornets. Emotional Support, Bald-Faced hornets. Me, getting on a plane, holding a tree branch with this bigass paper nest hanging off it. Telling the Flight Attendant that my support animals and I would feel more relaxed if we could sit in an Exit Row and have 4 Bloody Marys before the flight leaves.
Ok Waldo you trumped my Tarantula. [smilie=011.gif]
Live bald-faced or any goddamn hornets as an emo pet is a good one my man, the visual I'm having is spectacular!!! :ber
Picturing you sitting in the plane seat holding up the branch topped off with the hornets nest and the hornets buzzing all around your head and you hollering over the buzzz, "I need FOUR Bloody Mary's NOW!" A Hunter S Thompson moment for sure.
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Tue May 22, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Mon May 21, 2018 8:56 pm

I think it's out of control hope they start making it harder for people to have them just because. :ber
"Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine"

RevCharlie
Life Member
Life Member

Post by RevCharlie » Tue May 22, 2018 1:20 am

molivo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm
jjk308 wrote:
An Al pacca would be wayyyy cooler
Not me, I'm getting a Triple DDD Cup Prostitute [smilie=011.gif]
/:f