I'm going to tick off some people saying this....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wolfdog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: I'm going to tick off some people saying this....

Post by wolfdog » Tue May 22, 2018 4:23 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:27 pm
Problem with that is engines and AC units can fail at the worst times. If it happens to fail when you are inside poor Fido will be roasting until you come back out and in Florida heat it doesn’t take long at all for the temperature to reach life threatening levels. Something as simple as a failed pressure switch or blown fuse and you might not have a dog anymore.
Pretty aware of that, been turning wrenches for 40 years. I would not take the dog if I was going to leave it for any length of time and I leave the windows open somewhat which buys a bit more time.
If you are going to be stupid, you have to be tough.

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 am

RevCharlie wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:20 am
molivo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:38 pm
jjk308 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 pm
I'm getting an emotional support Iguana. [smilie=011.gif]
An Al pacca would be wayyyy cooler
Not me, I'm getting a Triple DDD Cup Prostitute [smilie=011.gif]
I tried that, wife squashed the idea. And the airline said absolutely not to sitting on my lap during the flight. She would not fit under the seat in front of me either. [smilie=011.gif]
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Post by boomboom » Tue May 22, 2018 8:34 am

n0rlf wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 am
RevCharlie wrote:
molivo wrote:
jjk308 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:18 pm
I'm getting an emotional support Iguana. [smilie=011.gif]
I tried that, wife squashed the idea. And the airline said absolutely not to sitting on my lap during the flight. She would not fit under the seat in front of me either. [smilie=011.gif]
And how many times have I told you to get one of those true to form, blow up dolls, to take with you? You just never listen.
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Tue May 22, 2018 8:58 am

A buddy in Cocoa has a service dog he trained from a puppy. I asked him about the requirements for registering his dog and he told me there are no requirements mandated by state law, and that it is actually against the law to ask someone for registration paperwork. He said paying for paperwork is a waste of money under current law. This was a couple years ago, has that changed?
Also, he informed me, it isn’t required to use a service vest for the dog...a simple leash is all you need. Lastly, declaring your animal a service animal legally trumps the emotional support animal claim.
Here is what I consider a service dog:
R/Griff

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Tue May 22, 2018 11:00 am

boomboom wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:34 am
n0rlf wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 am
RevCharlie wrote:
molivo wrote:

And how many times have I told you to get one of those true to form, blow up dolls, to take with you? You just never listen.
I tried that too. Someone complained about the hissing! Accused me of having a support snake on my person!
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

WhoUtink
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by WhoUtink » Tue May 22, 2018 9:32 pm

I'm not positive but i think I'm the only person on my block who takes or is even able to take their dog out without a leash, but with the exception of pet stores he ain't going in. We take him in the car all over the place , and since he is a dog, he gaurds the driver's seat while I go in.
great stuff and junk

PzGren

Post by PzGren » Wed May 23, 2018 11:34 am

Gmountain wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:04 am
PzGren wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:35 am
I have no problems with dogs in restaurants, nor kids, as long as they behave. In Germany that has been common for decades but children and dogs, and especially dogs, still behave much better there than here. For a dog that means to lay down under the table and stay there, if it does not stay there or barks and growls the dog has to leave.

As for service dogs, my oldest son has a Giant Schnauzer that he registered as a service dog. It is a simple process and costs $100. He did it to save on rent and have a real dog, not a little battery operated critter. Having it registered as a service dog lifts the size and breed restrictions.
That kind of abuse is why people are pissed off. Shame.
That is your opinion but of course it is okay for an apartment complex to ask a non-refundable deposit for a dog and $35 extra per month, regardless of if the dog is any nuisance and when any damage will anyway be deducted from a deposit? What you call abuse, is what I call to live smart within a corrupt and stupid system.

And whether some uneducated people are pissed off at my son or not, will not matter the least to him, nor me.

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Wed May 23, 2018 12:06 pm

PzGren wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:34 am
What you call abuse, is what I call to live smart within a corrupt and stupid system.
Yep, just like people here will now go outside Orange county to conduct a private sale.

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Wed May 23, 2018 12:36 pm

PzGren wrote:
Gmountain wrote:
PzGren wrote:
I have no problems with dogs in restaurants, nor kids, as long as they behave. In Germany that has been common for decades but children and dogs, and especially dogs, still behave much better there than here. For a dog that means to lay down under the table and stay there, if it does not stay there or barks and growls the dog has to leave.

As for service dogs, my oldest son has a Giant Schnauzer that he registered as a service dog. It is a simple process and costs $100. He did it to save on rent and have a real dog, not a little battery operated critter. Having it registered as a service dog lifts the size and breed restrictions.
That is your opinion but of course it is okay for an apartment complex to ask a non-refundable deposit for a dog and $35 extra per month, regardless of if the dog is any nuisance and when any damage will anyway be deducted from a deposit? What you call abuse, is what I call to live smart within a corrupt and stupid system.

And whether some uneducated people are pissed off at my son or not, will not matter the least to him, nor me.
Of course it's ok for a private business to decide what the terms of the rental should be. If you don't like, you don't need to rent there. If anyone is corrupt, it's your kid for making something up. There is no other way to look at it.

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Wed May 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Gmountain wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:36 pm
Of course it's ok for a private business to decide what the terms of the rental should be. If you don't like, you don't need to rent there. If anyone is corrupt, it's your kid for making something up. There is no other way to look at it.
How do you feel about concealed carrying inside a private business that bans guns, despite any overriding State law? Do you go against the wishes, or do you use the loophole?

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Wed May 23, 2018 1:15 pm

zeebaron wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:10 pm
Gmountain wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:36 pm
How do you feel about concealed carrying inside a private business that bans guns, despite any overriding State law? Do you go against the wishes, or do you use the loophole?
What loophole? There's no loophole.

Faking a disability, or lying about it, is just a scummy, sleazy thing to do. It's shameful.

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Wed May 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Gmountain wrote:
PzGren wrote:
Gmountain wrote:
PzGren wrote:

Yep. Contracts are signed voluntarily.
R/Griff
Last edited by dammitgriff on Wed May 23, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Post by boomboom » Thu May 24, 2018 8:28 am

This just reminded me of an incident at Lowes some years back. A guy had his mid size Heinz 57 dog running loose inside the store. Even though I had a dog a long time ago, dogs don't like me. Anyway, this dog starts growling and starts charging at me from about 25 feet away. I yelled to the guy, you better call off your dog as I put my hand to my gun side. The guy yelled at his dog which stopped about 5 feet from me and slowly walked back to the owner as he walked toward his dog. I told the idiot to get that damn dog on a leash and get it out of the store, but he went and found a manager to complain about me.

I told the manager to make the guy get the dog out of the store (at that time the door posted sign said service dogs) that it wasn't a service dog, it wasn't on a leash and it had aggressively attacked me. I said if that dog would have come any closer I would have kicked it in the head, and if it bit me, I most likely would have shot it. The manager tells me, he doesn't have the right to make the guy leave the store and to remove the dog from the store, but he did tell the guy to put the dog on a leash. I told both of them that they were a$$holes, and I was so mad I left the store.
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

George W
Life Member
Life Member

Post by George W » Thu May 24, 2018 9:21 am

Here's what I've had confirmed from this thread:
1. A lot of assholes let their dogs roam around off leash, putting the dogs and the public at large in jeopardy.
2. Lots of pricks break the law by lying and saying their pets are Service Animals when they're not.
3. Everyone despises people that lie about their pets being service animals, except for a few people that seem to think it's okay to do it for cheaper rent.
4. Some of us like to take our pets out in public, but are respectful of other people and do our very best to keep our pets safe.
5. No one likes people that abuse Handicap placards.
6. My dog is better person than 99.999999% of the people I interact with in the real world and online.
Half of my resolutions to problems come with a cold sweat somewhere around 2 am.

Joel
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Joel » Thu May 24, 2018 2:09 pm

George W wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:21 am
6. My dog is better person than 99.999999% of the people I interact with in the real world and online.
+1
That'll preach all day with me !!

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 pm

pokeeejoe wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:04 pm
It would be easy to make a little 9V screamer device that only the dogs could hear. They'd go nuts. Of course, the prudent dog baiter would include an ON/OFF switch so it wouldn't be screaming all the time :-)

I made something similar for a co-worker. It was tuned to make noise on the local CB band and was low powered so it only worked when tossed onto the neighbor's roof, near his CB antenna :-)
I'd be interested in one
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:57 pm

George W wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 9:21 am
Here's what I've had confirmed from this thread:
1. A lot of assholes let their dogs roam around off leash, putting the dogs and the public at large in jeopardy.
2. Lots of pricks break the law by lying and saying their pets are Service Animals when they're not.
3. Everyone despises people that lie about their pets being service animals, except for a few people that seem to think it's okay to do it for cheaper rent.
4. Some of us like to take our pets out in public, but are respectful of other people and do our very best to keep our pets safe.
5. No one likes people that abuse Handicap placards.
Well put, I miss my home in Plant City.

You left out one.
Dog taste good on kabobs grilled =:e oh forgot while your drunk in South America [smilie=011.gif]
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu May 24, 2018 11:00 pm

boomboom wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:28 am
This just reminded me of an incident at Lowes some years back. A guy had his mid size Heinz 57 dog running loose inside the store. Even though I had a dog a long time ago, dogs don't like me. Anyway, this dog starts growling and starts charging at me from about 25 feet away. I yelled to the guy, you better call off your dog as I put my hand to my gun side. The guy yelled at his dog which stopped about 5 feet from me and slowly walked back to the owner as he walked toward his dog. I told the idiot to get that damn dog on a leash and get it out of the store, but he went and found a manager to complain about me.

I told the manager to make the guy get the dog out of the store (at that time the door posted sign said service dogs) that it wasn't a service dog, it wasn't on a leash and it had aggressively attacked me. I said if that dog would have come any closer I would have kicked it in the head, and if it bit me, I most likely would have shot it. The manager tells me, he doesn't have the right to make the guy leave the store and to remove the dog from the store, but he did tell the guy to put the dog on a leash. I told both of them that they were a$$holes, and I was so mad I left the store.
Dogs are usually pretty good judges of character. Especially if it’s dogs in general that don’t like you and not just this one then I’d say that says more about you than the dogs or their owners.

That said this guy should have had his dog on a leash at least, and really should have left him at home.
Libertas aut mortis!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Fri May 25, 2018 7:47 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Dogs are usually pretty good judges of character. Especially if it’s dogs in general that don’t like you and not just this one then I’d say that says more about you than the dogs or their owners.

That said this guy should have had his dog on a leash at least, and really should have left him at home.
You really think dogs are perfect? I love them but they aren't always smart or perceptive and screw up a lot, all the time.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

photohause
Life Member
Life Member

Post by photohause » Fri May 25, 2018 8:52 am

"The manager tells me, he doesn't have the right to make the guy leave the store and to remove the dog from the store, "

That was because the store would have been subjected to a lawsuite, and he probably would have lost his job. HR trained him correctly.
What new gun my dear, this old thing?