10 more cities join gun lawsuit against Florida

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
camacho

10 more cities join gun lawsuit against Florida

Post by camacho » Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 pm

john in jax
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: 10 more cities join gun lawsuit against Florida

Post by john in jax » Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 pm

That is absolutely freaking ridiculous! I am an old man and have to take a hand full of pills every morning, three of which function like diuretics meaning I pee a lot all morning long. So I get up and take my pills, put on my EDC and then it the road for . . . where ever . . . and I have to KNOW the different gun laws at every different exit I take to find a restroom? How the heck does anyone in their right mind think that is a good thing?

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed May 16, 2018 10:19 pm

I'm honestly surprised West Palm hasn't joined in.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Wed May 16, 2018 10:39 pm

South Florida is turning into a big Liberal section soon will have to do what California is doing and cut ties. :ham'r :ham'r :ham'r :ham'r
"Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine"

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Tallahassee, Orlando, Gainesville, St. Petersburg and Maitland are now part of the deal. Combined with the recent Orange County private sale ordinance, I'd say the problem is no longer confined to down here.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

macattack321
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by macattack321 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:33 am

Broward County also has sued the state, questioning the constitutionality of the penalties that discourage local officials from passing the type of measures they believe are within their rights.
They can "believe" all they want; the statutes are quite clear.

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Thu May 17, 2018 10:19 am

The libtards couldn't win in court or the legislature, so they think they can fight against guns by a snowstorm of chicken-s';t to make it impossible for legitimate gun owners. The cities and counties figure they can make something illegal and station LEOs around the perimeter to play got'cha. I recall about 15 years ago, maybe a bit more, it was either Charlotte or Sarasota county which dropped the speed limit on I-75 at their county line, and they had a gauntlet of police to catch the "speeders" (probably for the children). Eventually, they got to the wrong person, who had money to spend and sued. Turned out the change in limit had never been approved and they had to restore it to normal.

Of course, as with lots of laws, the legal finding would be different if it were about guns.
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Fri May 18, 2018 5:47 am

Removal from office and fines are the punishment for writing laws contrary to the state pre-emption Law.
Wouldn't Pam Bondi's office be the prosecution?
/:f
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 pm

“The intent of the penalities — which are unprecedented — is to chill local officials for taking any measures, even reasonable ... measures,” Cole said. “By having these onerous penalties, cities [are] scared to do anything.”
That’s exactly the point!
No different than the federal government complaining the Constitution limits the powers of the federal government.

R/Griff