Boulder City Council passes 'assault' weapons ban - again

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ParishM » Wed May 16, 2018 8:27 pm

https://www.9news.com/article/news/loca ... -552456078

BOULDER - Boulder City Council voted unanimously Tuesday night at a third meeting to ban the sale and possession of assault weapons, bump stocks and high-capacity magazines within city limits.

Several amendments were discussed at last week's meeting, including raising the age to buy firearms to 21 instead of 18 - and those amendments will be considered by the council at a later date, according to the city's Twitter account.

The ordinance defines "assault weapons" as semi-automatic firearms designed with military features to allow rapid spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans.

Those exempted from the ban would include law enforcement officials, military service members and holders of Federal Firearm Licenses, among others, per the city's Twitter account.

Gun control advocates in Boulder had urged the city council to pass the city's proposed ban on assault weapons, bump stocks and high-capacity magazines as soon as possible.

A group of people against the ordinance marched in Boulder ahead of the second vote last week. They openly carried long guns and police did not stop them - opting not to interfere with their right to assembly.

People who own what city council called assault rifles prior to June 15 of this year have until the end of the year to do three things:

1 - Get rid of the gun

2 - Turn it into authorities

3 - Break the gun so it doesn't work

4 - Obtain a permit from the city

That permit will only be granted if a person passes a background check, isn't prohibited by law from owning a gun, can safely store the gun, would have the gun only on their property, and would immediately report the loss or theft of the gun.
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.

Skoll

Re: Boulder City Council passes 'assault' weapons ban - again

Post by Skoll » Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 pm

I foresee no cops in Boulder enforcing this. They won't even enforce the mag laws in Colorado, a bunch of my friends who live there tell me.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

kbeck76

Post by kbeck76 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 am

Hardly surprising from the Granola City (fruit, nuts, and flakes). I have been there many times for work as the group I work with is headquartered there. I was staying in a hotel several years ago and witnessed the local access cable channel airing a discussion of "pet guardian" vs "pet owner".

Colorado is a conservative state except for the Denver area. Since Boulder has the University of Colorado it's even more liberal.

photohause
Life Member
Life Member

Post by photohause » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am

Kinda like Austin, Texas
What new gun my dear, this old thing?

GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses » Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

Another American city destroyed by libtards!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:08 am

Skoll wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 pm
I foresee no cops in Boulder enforcing this. They won't even enforce the mag laws in Colorado, a bunch of my friends who live there tell me.
I have a dealer friend in Colo, they usually get 2 tables at the gun shows , 1 for mag bodies, the other for springs followers and base plates [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Thu May 17, 2018 10:20 am

Where I went to college in Colorado was a college town through and through with a liberal arts school, but I didn't know a single person who lived there that didn't have a shotgun in their closet.

Unfortunately, it's usually one city that makes an entire State suffer and we have multiple examples of this in our country.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Thu May 17, 2018 7:13 pm

Government employees aren't getting tarred and feathered, so it will keep happening.