Florida Firearms Expo Leesburg June 9th

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Florida Firearms Expo Leesburg June 9th

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 pm

http://floridafirearmsexpo.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/146135119412154/

if you thought the NFA review shoots were cool =:wvr , this is a shoot where you actually get to bring some guns and shoot _: ....there will also be silencer demo's and MG rentals available, sponsored by Hyperion Munitions. Ammo will be available for sale at the range that day, vendors charge per mag for MG rentals. $ 20 per person entry fee, giveaways....see website and Facebook for more info, Im just the messenger and we will be there as a vendor with all our toys. Feel free to help spread the word, they are expecting a huge crowd. Bring sunscreen and all that other crap to be in the summer sun.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Benaj

Re: Florida Firearms Expo Leesburg June 9th

Post by Benaj » Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 pm

So you can bring your own guns? It’s not clear on the site.

Says range use included but mostly talked about demos etc.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:15 am

you'd have to email the promoter guy and ask but the way I understood it yes, there is firing line space available to the public, but if you intend to bring just a derringer or a 30-30 out and pop a few rounds, probably not the day for it, they are expecting big crowds...as a vendor we had to reserve and pay for a certain firing line space in advance....
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 am

Coming up this weekend...

Is there a prize list?
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Taco wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 am

Is there a prize list?
so you only went to the NFA shoot for a chance at the prizes :-k

lets just say you'll be a loser if you don't go [smilie=011.gif] , we are gonna be there pop by and say hi

Gun Stock and Barrel tent in the vendor area, we'll have about 20 of the rental MG's out there

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:09 pm
Taco wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 am

Is there a prize list?
so you only went to the NFA shoot for a chance at the prizes :-k

lets just say you'll be a loser if you don't go [smilie=011.gif] , we are gonna be there pop by and say hi

Gun Stock and Barrel tent in the vendor area, we'll have about 20 of the rental MG's out there
Well... Yeah, that is the major draw. There is some serious ROI in the raffle at the NFA shoot. I've paid for strangers admission in exchange for their tickets. You probably have around a 5% chance of a receiver or better prize, with several prizes at the top worth over a grand.

Plus, I can shoot my own stuff for free instead of driving 40 minutes and paying $20, so I won't be doing that. It would mostly shooting the demo guns to kill time until the giveaways. Meeting the vendors is nice, but definitely not worth paying to see them. Sorry Rent.
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Taco wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:19 pm
Meeting the vendors is nice, but definitely not worth paying to see them. Sorry Rent.
my point exactly, in retrospect, standing in line for 40 min to shoot only 8 rounds sucks too, and the odds in winning are a lot less than 5% , 1000 entries and the 20 good prizes = .02 % chance of winning, even at 30 prizes its .03% , simple math....I'm not crapping on the NFA event, its just not for everyone, this one is supposed to be more fun, cheaper and still a chance to win stuff, and as I understand it you can shoot more too...... YMMV....

supposedly each booth will have giveaways, mine is one of those 15x12x10 personal gun safe things,

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:11 pm
and the odds in winning are a lot less than 5% , 1000 entries and the 20 good prizes = .02 % chance of winning, even at 30 prizes its .03% , simple math....
First, that's 2%, not 0.02%. Second, you are way overestimating the numbers of people who stayed to the end and you needed to be present to win. Was well under 500, closer to 200 at Leesburg.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:02 pm

my math was off, but its not about prizes, isn't it about shooting ??

the promoters of this event wanna get back to the basic premise this was supposed to be about, guns and a fun day at the range ....not watching others shoot, standing in lines and hoping you win something if you stay to the end =:wvr , you should just go bowling or something, myself and like 600 others be at the range blasting away and enjoying ourselves.

Ironman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Ironman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:11 pm
Taco wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:19 pm
Meeting the vendors is nice, but definitely not worth paying to see them. Sorry Rent.
my point exactly, in retrospect, standing in line for 40 min to shoot only 8 rounds sucks too, and the odds in winning are a lot less than 5% , 1000 entries and the 20 good prizes = .02 % chance of winning, even at 30 prizes its .03% , simple math....I'm not crapping on the NFA event, its just not for everyone, this one is supposed to be more fun, cheaper and still a chance to win stuff, and as I understand it you can shoot more too...... YMMV....

supposedly each booth will have giveaways, mine is one of those 15x12x10 personal gun safe things,
Sure seems like you are. It's ok, I'm used to everyone riding my coattails by now. Not only was my December Event at Reload called "EXPO" but the event held last weekend used MY event footage, and some clients from years past and played it off as it's own =:wvr . Everything from actual footage to new promo footage was copied or emulated in some way. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right? But yeah, $30 to demo machine guns, silencers, chance to win prizes all with ammo included. How dare I!? Next time go to TBSC and shoot a round of sporting clays for $100+ after necessities. Have fun!

My vendor demo events are built to help the firearm companies reach the shooters and for shooters to experience guns/silencers that are hard access. I also plan, promote, and host these events by myself and it's a HUGE undertaking that some people just don't appreciate. But if you want to bring your own guns, ammo, table, and tent out and setup for a range day, I already do that for the last 6 years at my 9/11 Memorial Shoots. The last one was cancelled because of Hurricane Irma making landfall that weekend but it's an event for the public to bring out their own guns and also have a chance at some charity door prizes. The next 9/11 shoot date will be announced soon and will be held at a new location near I75 and Blanton, so way closer to Tampa.

For those of you that appreciate what I'm trying to do with the vendor events, thanks for coming out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSrYcg9rGo

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Any of this butthurt steaming from the fact that Freedom Munitions went tits-up and filed for bankruptcy a couple days ago and a competing ammunition supplier decided to host the same type of event that you do?

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 am

I hate it when mommy and daddy fight.

All I was looking for was a prize list...

Good luck to all future events, I will likely attend more in the future.

Ironman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Ironman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:15 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:28 pm
Any of this butthurt steaming from the fact that Freedom Munitions went tits-up and filed for bankruptcy a couple days ago and a competing ammunition supplier decided to host the same type of event that you do?
Freedom munitions never ran my events. They were a vendor and channel sponsor, nothing more. Not sure what you're implying. You're WAY off base.

I could careless that a competing ammo company is doing events. What is bothersome is using my footage and past events and names to pass off as their own success. It's shady and unprofessional.

Ironman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Ironman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Taco wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 am
I hate it when mommy and daddy fight.

All I was looking for was a prize list...

Good luck to all future events, I will likely attend more in the future.
I'm reaching out this week to my clients for the 9/11 shoot for charity prizes. So my next event will be for you to bring your own guns and setup for a day of laid back fun, but with a chance to win some cool prizes at the end of the day. The raffle $ will be donated to Project Paws Alive so they can procure more ballistic vets to K9's on patrol. :ber