Federal judge rules against NRA in Florida gun law case

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
camacho

Post by camacho » Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 am

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Tue May 15, 2018 10:21 am

Harassment goes both ways, the judge said.
Pretty obvious sign our judiciary has become impotent and/or lost all pretense of impartiality when a pro-2A judge says his hands are tied due to precedent.
‘Merica!
R/Griff

Skoll

Re: Federal judge rules against NRA in Florida gun law case

Post by Skoll » Tue May 15, 2018 10:43 am

Stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't that exactly how the law works in almost every case? If it's not unprecedented, you go by precedent.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 am

I know, I know...
I mean to say, if a judge disagrees with precedent, he probably won’t rule independently—because, of course, his opinion would likely be overturned on appeal.
Might as well just consider them de-facto administrators with a rubber stamp and a nightgown...and abolish the courtroom altogether.
R/Griff

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Tue May 15, 2018 5:06 pm

We have the right to face our accusers. Taking that right away from us is as despotic as taking our guns away from us. Protecting our RIGHTS, all of them, not just one of them, is why we have a right to bare arms.

Luther said that the mind is a manufacturer of idols, and boy was he right; all I ever hear in all the gun forums visit is the willingness to sacrifice every other right for the 2nd amendment, when the only reason to have a 2nd amendment is to protect all those other rights. Talk about putting the cart before the horse.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Tue May 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Hey Killer, you don’t need the state’s permission or their venue to face your accuser.
The state’s primary role is to protect our rights, not to grant or revoke them arbitrarily...only the good Lord has that authority.
The way I see it nowadays, the courts aren’t really on your side—even when the truth is.
R/Griff

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Florida is very strict on limiting John Doe Plaintiff lawsuits. The only cases where they've been allowed have been sexual abuse cases, usually of minors. In general there has to be a serious likelihood of damage to the plaintiff if his name is published.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.