Court Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Shift

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
n0rlf

Re: Court Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Shift

Post by n0rlf » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:42 am

Too late. We are already there. Hate fills this nations big cities. Too many people killed because they hesitated to react and save themselves. It is a vicious circular problem. Shoot and people complain about police, don't shoot and maybe be killed.

So as the people start getting more violent in the protests after a shooting and demanding cops be charged with murder. Now cops are a little more hesitant or even rightfully scared about how people will react.

As we see more protests and people blowing things out of proportion it will only get worse. Bad cop shootings are actually pretty rare. Yeah I know we have some that like to point out any incident. Often times that is a reaction to something one sided story in the media.

The stats just do not hold up there is a big problem with police shooting either racially or not. Like any profession there are bad ones and then of course the unions that protect them. However for the most part they are good people doing s thankless job and I bet 99.9 percent of people call them first when they need help. Just a lot of folks like to shoot out they don't or won't. Yeah so what are they going to do when they have to defend themselves. Hopefully they will the battle as that is the best outcome. However even if they win afterwards you still have to have the police.

In the end it comes down to the usual, don't play stupid games and you will not win stupid prizes.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:29 am

It happens in all walks of life, all professions that relate to public service, there will always be conflict, the law enforcement officer is closely scrutinized because he can do his job either diplomatically, or Forcibly and he carries a DEADLY WEAPON to apply his trade. His or hers decision making can in some instances mean life or death, I'm totally in agreement with the members, the LEO doesn't confront the public for no reason, you hadda do something to get his attention, so don't get a case of the stupids, answer his questions, do what your told and live happily ever after, my nephew is a Lt. On the NYC police department and he tells me stories about his interaction with the public for simple violations that will make your hair stand up, Joe Common ( a good friend of mine ) has the propensity to say the wrong thing at the wrong time and compound simple problems you here about it everyday ..take deep breath and let the LEO do his job if you feel you were wronged tell it to the judge !!!
[-X [-X [-X [-X

dammitgriff

Court Upholds 'Stand Your Ground' Shift

Post by dammitgriff » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:29 am

The judiciary is part of the problem, too.
They all work for the government, after all...that’s a big fat conflict of interest right there. The state exercises its monopoly in law to protect itself and to the detriment of its citizens.
R/Griff

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:29 am

Back in the Sunday editorial section of the Palm Beach Post " the infamous $4 award!" Black lives don't matter title of the article, we haven't heard the last of this. black lives do matter if they're not threading neighbors, cops and foaming and slobbering from intoxication and carrying a handgun ...id expect to be treated the same way if it were me ...ya pays ya money, ya takes your chances, you wanna play you gotta pay .. my big brother used to tell me that all the time when I was a youngster, then he would proceed to kick my ass for all things I did wrong, love the guy, I'm a better person for all the times he kicked my ass ... [smilie=012.gif] [smilie=012.gif]