Selling Guns on Armslist!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Benaj

Selling Guns on Armslist!

Post by Benaj » Sun May 13, 2018 5:15 pm

](*,)

Where else does everybody list guns for sale? Armslist buyers make me want to just throw guns in the lake vs selling!

I really miss local Facebook buy/sell groups! I always got great deals buying in there and you knew people weren’t scammers!

Armslist buyer negotiates a cheap price and then won’t drive 30 minutes to me. Want me to meet them at their leisure!

Summary: I haven’t sold guns in years and buyers suck!

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Selling Guns on Armslist!

Post by molivo » Sun May 13, 2018 5:19 pm

I'd use the classifieds here or florida gun trader.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sun May 13, 2018 5:39 pm

molivo wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:19 pm
I'd use the classifieds here or florida gun trader.
What is your experience on FGT? I have always avoided it.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:01 pm

FGT is nick named felon gun trader for a reason. [-(

I have found that the Facebook groups are full of just as many scammers and Welcher's.... too many people post something for sale in never go back an updatetje post that it's been sold.... people asking way above retail because you have to DM them to ask them the price. ](*,)
Most are too stupid to get creative in their ad.. when describing price most of my ads are in code, and say I will trade for your 350-pound girlfriend and 15 bucks for the ride

Even though the fees were just increased I have found that nothing beats GunBroker and you can make a few bucks on the shipping as well. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

The FSN marketplace is full of overpriced items ... while you do have the benefit of dealing locally there haven't been a lot of deals in years.... and all you are a bunch of cheap SOB's... [smilie=back.gif] [smilie=back.gif]
Last edited by Rentprop1 on Sun May 13, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

better2have&notneed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by better2have&notneed » Sun May 13, 2018 7:03 pm

I've bought off of Armslist a few times with no problems, one gun, and all the other buys were ammo and parts. I was going to list the few guns I have up in the BST here on Armslist, but I hear buyers on there are PITA's. I was thinking of just selling them on Gunbroker.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sun May 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Online I have only sold here and Gunbroker. I was thinking of putting some ammo up on FGT if it doesn't sell here. For guns we have some modest checks and balances here on FSN, and of course GB is through an FFL.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Never sold on any of the sites mentioned but have bought many on fgt and FSN and gunbroker with no problems what so ever

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Sun May 13, 2018 9:36 pm

FSN sold to a few people on here no problem. :ber
"Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine"

mohshard
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mohshard » Sun May 13, 2018 10:09 pm

FGT, ask for a CWP and bill of sale, and the felons steer clear.

Here, but you guys are hella cheap.

I'm getting ready to sell a few FAL's and some other stuff, and I'm aiming for the fal files first.

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave » Mon May 14, 2018 6:35 am

I've done deals here, Armslist an FGT. As long as you ask for CCW and BOS and meet publicly (like at a range for example. Some PD's and SO's have a spot in the parking lot designated for such transactions as well) during daylight hours you should be fine. As long as you've had good prior communications beforehand. In all the deals I've had over the last many years I've only had one no-show.

And there are deals to be had if you hit them right and are patient. I bought an almost brand new Glock 26 with Trijicon HD night sights and four mags with +2's for $400 from a guy that worked at a gun shop. He was $400 short for another purchase and wanted a quick deal. That's now my off-duty gun. Got a brand new Glock 22 with a bunch of mags for $390 and another Glock 22 with brand new Truglo TFO night sights, mags and a 9mm conversion barrel (worth $225) all for $525. So deals can be had. Just be wise about it.
You don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training.

patw
Life Member
Life Member

Post by patw » Mon May 14, 2018 8:08 am

Same here. I use FGT and require a ccw and bos. You will still get the same knuckleheads like most places but there is nothing you can do about that unfortunately.

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:10 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:01 pm

The FSN marketplace is full of overpriced items ... while you do have the benefit of dealing locally there haven't been a lot of deals in years.... and all you are a bunch of cheap SOB's... [smilie=back.gif] [smilie=back.gif]
Hey! It was just a little more than I paid for it! [smilie=011.gif]
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave » Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 am

patw wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:08 am
Same here. I use FGT and require a ccw and bos. You will still get the same knuckleheads like most places but there is nothing you can do about that unfortunately.
Yep. Biggest nuisance is the low-ballers but they can just be ignored.

Buddy of mine hit a deal on an HK P30 from a college kid that needed book money at the beginning of the semester.

Have you ever heard of the guy on Craigslist that turned a pen into a boat over a series of years by trading up? Maybe an urban legend but I did something similar. Started off with a carbine rifle I had $267 into and turned it into a never shot HK VP9SK LE through a series of trades. They were all good guns along the way and what this or that person was looking for at the time. I more than doubled my initial investment over a period of about three years. Really just a fun hobby as they were all 'extra' guns.
You don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training.

jwperry
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jwperry » Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 am

If you have an FFL that will ship guns cheap/easy, a lot of the national boards are easier & quicker to move stuff on.

I've had good luck here in regards to meeting people, but I'm cheap so I know the rest of you guys are too. [smilie=011.gif] The guns I've sold on here haven't ended up being resold immediately on FGT/Armslist for $50+ so I at least put that as a plus.

I don't normally use FGT or Armslist because I refuse to do BoS anymore (pretty sure when I had my identity stolen it was from the info on one) and I won't ask someone else to do something that I won't do.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am

jwperry wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 am
If you have an FFL that will ship guns cheap/easy, a lot of the national boards are easier & quicker to move stuff on.
times have changed...a lot of FFLs will accept guns from out of state buyers with just a copy of their D/L ...if you have one that will not, simply tell the buyer to find one who will...

as the seller you should control the transaction

for you local guys I ship guns out for only $ 10 per gun over whatever the published UPS quote is, HG have to go 2 day tho, I do it more of a courtesy to my customers
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 am

I didn't know FGT had a bad reputation. The couple of times I tried to get something off it though, I had never gotten responses from the sellers.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

jwperry
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jwperry » Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am
jwperry wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 am
times have changed...a lot of FFLs will accept guns from out of state buyers with just a copy of their D/L ...if you have one that will not, simply tell the buyer to find one who will...

as the seller you should control the transaction
UPS & FedEx in Orlando are a giant PITA to deal with shipping a firearm. I've printed their regulations and delivered it to them, but they would still require me to provide a copy to the destination FFL (which won't give me, an individual, a copy of their license for shipment) and the cost is generally twice (or more!) what it would be send USPS Priority w/insurance.

I don't have a lot of free time and will frequently pay for convenience, but it was nice to drop a pistol off at the local FFL and pay him $40 total to ship a pistol. No dealing with other FFLs, no dealing with freight companies, just pay my money and be on my way.

Rentprop1 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am
for you local guys I ship guns out for only $ 10 per gun over whatever the published UPS quote is, HG have to go 2 day tho, I do it more of a courtesy to my customers
I wish you were closer to either my house or my work!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:40 am

[quote=jwperry post_id=1093363 time=1526315273 user_id=12256
UPS & FedEx in Orlando are a giant PITA to deal with shipping a firearm. I've printed their regulations and delivered it to them, but they would still require me to provide a copy to the destination FFL (which won't give me, an individual, a copy of their license for shipment) and the cost is generally twice (or more!) what it would be send USPS Priority w/insurance.

I don't have a lot of free time and will frequently pay for convenience, but it was nice to drop a pistol off at the local FFL and pay him $40 total to ship a pistol. No dealing with other FFLs, no dealing with freight companies, just pay my money and be on my way.
[/quote]

I have a FedEx account and zero problems in shipping. Just package, weigh, print label, print end of day close, drop boxes at FedEx Office, no questions asked. Not even when I dropped off a big box of ammo with ORM-D stickers all over it.

UPS center in Clearwater used to be a PITA until I wrote a letter to the corp. complaining, after which the supervisor reined in the rules inventing counter clerks.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Mon May 14, 2018 12:20 pm

I would rather pay a fee to GB or take a loss on a gun selling it cheap here then try and sell it to "the public" on those free classified sites. They're worse than craigslist with people asking for trades, ridiculous requests like meeting them 200 miles away, and stupid questions.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Mon May 14, 2018 6:53 pm

GunBroker is certainly the 800 pound gorilla in the room. But it comes with it's own headaches too. Non paying bidders, new buyers who have no clue how this new fangled internet gun buying thing works, etc.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140