What is a gunfight really like?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Trouter3

Re: What is a gunfight really like?

Post by Trouter3 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:55 pm

The first responders are those people, they are my f#;.,/g Hero's no special calling just normal everyday people who go into harms way to help the public in difficult life and death situations, ain't nothing wrong with their thinking process as to why they want to do what they do. The people who doubt them have IMHO are the ones with a problem ....

Btw the Glock 42 did very well at the range very very impressive miniature Glock ...

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:43 am

And while we are the subject let's talk about " I carry a concealed weapon " so therefore I am a superhero, a good number of gunfights & confrontations happen between the person who gets involved in disputes that they had no business putting their nose in, mind your own business, the old " I am indestructible because I have a weapon syndrome " will get your ass into deep trouble very time. We have a good friend who was like that and we finally convinced him that he didn't have the temperament to carry a firearm, sooner or later his being a nosey body was going to get him killed, if he heard two people arguing he go over and ask " is every thing ok here, or can I help" f#;.,/g wrong attitude, mind your business your not a Leo, people who carry handguns have that attitude that they are indestructible when that weapon is strapped on I cannot die, when you put that weapon on you automatically assume a tremendous responsiblity, I get very defensive, aware of what's around me not wanting to get into a situation that I have to use a firearms to defend myself, chill out relax don't be offensive, don't look to be the world protector, you read about it all the time, this subject brought out some interesting thought and opinions it's refreshing nowadays to able to participate in a forum like this ...one day if you're all nice I'll tell ya what I did when I got out of the service ...and if ya don't give a good s';t so be it I'll understand ...again

Peace and tranquility to all

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 am

^ wisdom
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Sat May 12, 2018 9:33 pm

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 pm

I saw a video clip on YouTube a couple years ago where a cop tried to stop an armed robbery in progress in a convenience store, got too close to the assailant, tried to wrestle the man who was on his weak side, and promptly took a bullet to the temple...fell straight back like a tree and was dead before he hit the floor. Married, kids...all over in an instant.
Sorry, but me and mine are more important than them and theirs. You do your family a great disservice by risking your life like that. They need you more than the goddamn government does.

R/Griff

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Sat May 12, 2018 10:07 pm

zeebaron wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:33 pm
https://streamable.com/snkld
WOW, Great video, any idea where this took place, Ive watched it couple times, she was definitely prepared for the $hit to go down.

Gotta love point blank into the chest, she was close enough to give him powder burns.

Does it look like she ND's into the pavement next to the perp when she goes over to kick away the gun.

Is she a cop or just pretending to be one when she keeps trying to have him roll over on his stomach using her feet to coax him?

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Sat May 12, 2018 10:29 pm

Brazil, she was off-duty Military Police. Shot 3 times, died or declared dead at the hospital.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sun May 13, 2018 8:12 am

dammitgriff wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 pm
I saw a video clip on YouTube a couple years ago where a cop tried to stop an armed robbery in progress in a convenience store, got too close to the assailant, tried to wrestle the man who was on his weak side, and promptly took a bullet to the temple...fell straight back like a tree and was dead before he hit the floor. Married, kids...all over in an instant.
Sorry, but me and mine are more important than them and theirs. You do your family a great disservice by risking your life like that. They need you more than the goddamn government does.

R/Griff
Liveleak has stuff like that and all the combat footage you'd ever want to see.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 am

Dammitgrif ... Does that little bullshit dissertation you wrote apply to both military and civilian ..you and your family walk the streets because of these people ..let someone else do it, you sir are what is fuckng wrong with this country .....

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sun May 13, 2018 11:05 am

There's no telling who will be in danger when a predator appears.
It could be you or yours.
Are you going to defend yourself or wait and hope help arrives?
We may have let the threat from the legal system overwhelm our common sense.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Mon May 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Trouter3 wrote:Dammitgrif ... Does that little bullshit dissertation you wrote apply to both military and civilian ..you and your family walk the streets because of these people ..let someone else do it, you sir are what is fuckng wrong with this country .....
Why take responsibility for our own lives when we can simply let the government provide for our personal safety? Not that law enforcement is legally obligated to do that, as the Supreme Court has ruled in Warren v. District of Columbia that police have no duty to protect citizens. “Serve and Protect” is a proven lie where common citizens are concerned but the golden truth with regards to the bureaucracy that shields the law enforcement community in the cloak of qualified immunity.
Privatize the police and allow communities to decide what type of security they need, and are willing to pay for.
By the way, I am a 10-year veteran of the Navy, having served in the first Gulf war as a Fire Controlman, and achieved the rank of E-6 prior to receiving an honorable discharge in 2001.
So yeah, I agree with you.
R/Griff
Last edited by dammitgriff on Mon May 14, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Mon May 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Skoll wrote:
dammitgriff wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:57 pm

R/Griff
Liveleak has stuff like that and all the combat footage you'd ever want to see.
That was the last time I ever watched such a video, it made me so mad.
Survival of the fittest on the streets, it’s no wonder cops lose their sh*t all the time.
R/Griff

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Mon May 14, 2018 12:49 pm

g.willikers wrote:There's no telling who will be in danger when a predator appears.
It could be you or yours.
Are you going to defend yourself or wait and hope help arrives?
We may have let the threat from the legal system overwhelm our common sense.
In Brown v. United States (1921), Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes stated that “Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife. Therefore, in this Court, at least, it is not a condition of immunity that one in that situation should pause to consider whether a reasonable man might not think it possible to fly with safety or to disable his assailant rather than to kill him.”
R/Griff

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:00 pm

It's went all over news services and the net, he wasn't dead at the scene, when the police arrived he tried to tell them he was the one who was attacked, he died in the hospital .... =D> =D> =D> Small loss ....

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Mon May 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Just read in my news feed about a mother who shot an armed assailant for attacking the group of moms she was with as they were walking their young kids to school...
Turns out, she was an off-duty policewoman...in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The attacker died in the hospital from three well-placed bullet holes.
The governor awarded her personally for her bravery.
We need more of that all across America.
R/Griff

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Yup, same one we've been talking about. Another useless person taking outa the gene pool, good for her, she kicked the gun away from him, she knew what she was doing ...

wjbarricklow
Life Member
Life Member

Post by wjbarricklow » Mon May 14, 2018 10:33 pm

I have absolutely no empathy for a grown man who attacks a woman, especially with a gun. Not just unscrupulous, but he has no balls.
...and they think I'm compensating for something?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:03 am

dammitgriff wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:27 pm
Just read in my news feed about a mother who shot an armed assailant for attacking the group of moms she was with as they were walking their young kids to school...
has it been determined whether or not she also had a ND into the street when she went to pick up the gun ??
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.