NO PRIVATE SALES AT THE GUN SHOW IN MIAMI AS OF TODAY!!!!!!!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

NO PRIVATE SALES AT THE GUN SHOW IN MIAMI AS OF TODAY!!!!!!!

Post by Lilwoody » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Yes they passed a local law superseding state law. I was just informed at the door, after paying for parking and admission that all sales MUST go through a FFL by unilateral edict passed last night. They gave me my money back quick and shoed me out while I was explaining how it violated state law. They said they were just being good little plebs and following into the line and bowing before the Politburo.

Skoll

Re: NO PRIVATE SALES AT THE GUN SHOW IN MIAMI AS OF TODAY!!!!!!!

Post by Skoll » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:53 pm

Those damn gunshow loopholes! Responsible for so many dead kids! ](*,)
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Hasn't this been the law forever? They were running undercover ops on this like 10 years ago.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:03 pm

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Individual counties are permitted by State law to require a CWL for any sale taking place on a public venue, as has been the law for quite some time. The FFL part may be going too far but, I'm too lazy to go look up the statute.
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:30 pm

tector wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:59 pm
Hasn't this been the law forever? They were running undercover ops on this like 10 years ago.
It has been the law there for 20 years. They just decided to enforce it. Same thing happened at the WPB show 2 shows ago. Nothing prevents a buyer, & seller from leaving the venue, & going around the corner to complete a transaction. GARY.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:43 pm

N4KVE wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:30 pm
tector wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:59 pm
It has been the law there for 20 years. They just decided to enforce it. Same thing happened at the WPB show 2 shows ago. Nothing prevents a buyer, & seller from leaving the venue, & going around the corner to complete a transaction. GARY.
I did that at WPB years ago. Carried around my AK, went to a gas station to do the deal.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:25 pm

Lilwoody wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:20 pm
I was explaining how it violated state law. They said they were just being good little plebs and following into the line and bowing before the Politburo.
And were you willing to be the poster boy, & test this new law? There could have been undercover cops there waiting to bust people doing private sales. Years ago when the show was at the Coconut Grove Convention Center, that’s exactly what happened. Spending a night in the County jail eating bologna sandwiches is not my idea of a fun night out with the boys. GARY.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:37 pm

N4KVE wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:25 pm
Lilwoody wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:20 pm
I was explaining how it violated state law. They said they were just being good little plebs and following into the line and bowing before the Politburo.
And were you willing to be the poster boy, & test this new law? There could have been undercover cops there waiting to bust people doing private sales. Years ago when the show was at the Coconut Grove Convention Center, that’s exactly what happened. Spending a night in the County jail eating bologna sandwiches is not my idea of a fun night out with the boys. GARY.
That is what I was saying--years ago they used to run stings under the law. They got lazy about enforcing it, but I guess now they are back.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:42 pm

if they did this up here, local Central Fl shows would die, our shows may be small but there are 80 % unlicensed or private sellers at every show....while I enjoy doing the shows I hate the fact they allow them. but they are the glue keeping smaller hometown shows together
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:02 am

I honestly didn't even know it was law. 20 years ago the only thing I gave a s';t about was Super Nintendo.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 am

f they did this up here, local Central Fl shows would die, our shows may be small but there are 80 % unlicensed or private sellers at every show....while I enjoy doing the shows I hate the fact they allow them.
Shows to go ya' how effective slow cooking that frog has been.
Well within my memory, all gun shows were full of private sellers, more than dealers.
But that was when "America" was spelled with a "C" not a "K".
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:54 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:42 pm
our shows may be small but there are 80 % unlicensed or private sellers at every show.
Where did you get this number?
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:12 pm

I do the shows, out of 150 tables and there are only 3 or 4 licensed dealers there
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:26 pm

g.willikers wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 am

Shows to go ya' how effective slow cooking that frog has been.
Well within my memory, all gun shows were full of private sellers, more than dealers.
But that was when "America" was spelled with a "C" not a "K".
about the best gun show I ever have attended was a small hometown show in Bushnell FL about 9-10 years ago, it was like every local gun guy showed up with boxes of parts, old holsters, ammo for guns they no longer had etc, and just dumped the crap on the table...you had to ask, how much for this, but the answer was always like-able, I scored so much I had to leave and go find another AMT to get cash

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:12 pm
I do the shows, out of 150 tables and there are only 3 or 4 licensed dealers there
Are you saying 150 tables selling guns, or are you counting the Jerky, holster, beanie baby,Chinese knife, glasses cleaner, cheap scope, ammo, T shirt, stupid jewelry, used book, crap carved out of wood, candy and other useless crap "Dealers" :ham'r
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:33 pm

let me dumb it down for you :

150 total tables

subtract maybe 9 tables for the jerky, hand cream and other crap

140 ish tables of gun stuff, many dealers ( both licensed and unlicensed get more than 1 table )

= about 80 % unlicensed if there are only 3 or 4 dealers present , the promoter is an FFL he gets about 30 tables, I get 1 or 3 , another Ocala dealer gets 3 or 4 ...so many unlicensed dealers get multiple tables....I can count 5 or 6 that get maybe 5 or 6 tables each, they sell ammo ( new ( Walmart ) and used ) and holsters and such, but they always have guns for sale, and always have the signs we buy guns, those are the guys who hound you as you walk by asking what you are selling.....like I said they are the glue that holds these smaller shows together, if you need a gun with no BGC, these shows are for you ....just sayin

I've had some of the unlicensed dealers come to me for Private Party transfers when its their own gun that they are selling, ( when they just wanna make sure the buyer is legit, but usually its cash and carry. I charge $ 15 for Private Party transfers, $5 of which is the BGC fee, but the seller knows this and usually just rolls that $ 15 into the buyers price

Allme
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Allme » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:10 pm

Its been like this in Pinellas for a while which is why I don't bother with Pinellas shows anymore. When/if I did I'd just go to my car or the buyer's/seller's car to do the deal, its a private conveyance. ;)

Jay561
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jay561 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:02 am

Yup I made the correct choice to go to the low rider show next door instead Sunday.

AirForceShooter
Life Member
Life Member

Post by AirForceShooter » Tue May 01, 2018 10:11 am

This is why there are parking lots

Afs
There is something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington