pro-gun professions/industries

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

pro-gun professions/industries

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:43 am

As some of you might know, I started a career in public accounting not too long ago.

The employee demographic is younger, highly-educated, and highly-urban (not a euphemism for race, but literally people who work in and live near downtown urban areas).

The result is my average coworker is moderate to left-leaning, and anti-gun, especially anti-ar15

I'm just curious from the older, more life-experienced members of the board, on what your thoughts are concerning professions or industries that are pro-gun.

Let me know your two cents. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

Skoll

Re: pro-gun professions/industries

Post by Skoll » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:50 am

Orlando Paulitician wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:43 am
As some of you might know, I started a career in public accounting not too long ago.

The employee demographic is younger, highly-educated, and highly-urban (not a euphemism for race, but literally people who work in and live near downtown urban areas).

The result is my average coworker is moderate to left-leaning, and anti-gun, especially anti-ar15

I'm just curious from the older, more life-experienced members of the board, on what your thoughts are concerning professions or industries that are pro-gun.

Let me know your two cents. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Was a professional mechanic before I got hurt. Most of my coworkers were/are pro 2A and had guns of various sorts. These are people who literally live via their possessions (tools), so it's natural to assume they would protect their livelihoods.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

wolfdog
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by wolfdog » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:06 am

Only ever met one mechanic that was anti gun and he was from NYC(and truthfully was a pretty shitty tech).
If you are going to be stupid, you have to be tough.

madman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by madman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:13 am

Everything needs to be accounted for, you need to pick the right industry.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"The Constitution cannot defend itself. It is the duty of the People to defend it."
-Robert L. Schulz

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:04 am

Anything outside of the downtown urban area. Liberals flock together there, then complain when the rest of the country doesn't vote as they do. /:f
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:15 am

Yeah, folks who make their living fixing stuff are generally pro-gun.
Maybe it's because they are closer to reality (cause and effect).
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:55 am

madman wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:13 am
...you need to pick the right industry.
that was kind of the point of the question, lol.

What are those industries...

From the limited cross-industry client experience I have (most of my communication is with client accountants/managers/controllers at the corporate level, who mostly fall within that highly-educated, urban bubble mentioned earlier; i.e., accounting as a profession is generally left-leaning), it would appear industrial (ffactory/manufacturing, industrial transportation) workers are pro-gun.

Also, I posed this as a 2 tiered question:

Profession v. Industry. Any one industry may utilize dozens of different kinds of professions, but not any one profession will share the political persuassions of an industry.

My firm services defense contractors, but not every accountant-auditor on those clients supports conservativism, as you might expect someone with business relations to a defense contractor might.
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:15 am

I think it can be summed up as, anyone who has to physically work for a living is more likely to be pro gun, as they sweat and bleed to earn their possessions. Desk jockeys on the other hand, maybe get carpal tunnel over that 50 inch flat screen.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Skoll wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:15 am
I think it can be summed up as, anyone who has to physically work for a living is more likely to be pro gun, as they sweat and bleed to earn their possessions. Desk jockeys on the other hand, maybe get carpal tunnel over that 50 inch flat screen.
In my experience, it's been typically hands-on, Fix-it-Now Troubleshooter type IT people who tend to be shooters... engineers & programmers, not so much. Managers, almost never.
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Most lawyers I know are pro-gun. I think it comes from studying the Constitution. Not all lawyers, mind you, but most of them around here.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:11 pm

Gmountain wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:51 pm
Most lawyers I know are pro-gun. I think it comes from studying the Constitution. Not all lawyers, mind you, but most of them around here.
And, believe it or not, IT folks...

And, although not necessarily a "profession" but more a "hobby," I've found that SCUBA divers (especially cave divers) are very pro-2A. [smilie=011.gif]