"Remanufactured" Ammo at Shoot Straight (Apopka)

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Re: "Remanufactured" Ammo at Shoot Straight (Apopka)

Post by Skoll » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Are there places that pay over $8 an hour here anymore?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

Jay561
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jay561 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Unless I’m lazy or shooting 22 I never use the ranges in PBC.

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:48 pm

Was in gator guns within past two weeks, went to registration area, gave em my drivers license, signed form, never asked me about using or buying or reloads regarding ammunition, think what happened after Shooting Straight range opened many of their customers migrated there and they backed off all the restrictions, GG is a shithole compared to other facilities, bad A/C they use a powerful fan to circulate hot air, not the most pleasant conditions to shoot in so they gotta try and do better be...

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:05 pm

The worst are ranges like Orlando gun club. They’ll take a magnet to your ammo. Wanna shoot your AK there? Fat chance
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Gregh181 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:05 pm
The worst are ranges like Orlando gun club. They’ll take a magnet to your ammo. Wanna shoot your AK there? Fat chance
East orange did that too. They said it was because the steel core ammo could spark and cause a fire on the backstop, although I had never heard of that before. My ammo was lead core so it didn’t matter to me.
Libertas aut mortis!

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:28 pm

Trouter3 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:48 pm
think what happened after Shooting Straight range opened many of their customers migrated there and they backed off all the restrictions,
This is exactly what happened. GARY.

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Gator guns discounts range time for senior citizens on certain days of the week and what really got my attention is that on either Monday's or Tuesday's if your a veteran you get range time for half price, I carry my original dog tags on my key chain and that's all they needed to see no DD214 .... Not a bad deal at all ..

GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:34 am

Bass Pro also has the same policy of no reloads! Nexus on the other hand, will let you shoot whatever you bring, unless shooting one of their rentals, in which case you have to purchase THEIR ammo for it!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:13 am

REDinFL wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:49 am
jjk, I like that idea of specifically choosing a powder for a case-fill volume that avoids mistakes.
Thank you. It also allows a visual inspection that there's enough powder to prevent squib loads. I got the idea from my psychologist wife. According to her nobody is perfect, especially me. No matter how careful you are you will eventually have what she calls a "brain fart" and do something stupid. Thus a double stroke when filling a case, or not filling one at all.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 am

We could always just go back to using black power or one of the modern substitutes.
Not filling the case completely and having an air space under the bullet will be a mistake only done once.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

Trouter3

Post by Trouter3 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:05 am

And all this comparing of shooting ranges makes me more anxious for the completion of the PBC outdoor shooting facility, my favorite now is the outdoor range okeechobee , friendly range officer, but efficent, George, last time I was there, it is 1.5 hour trip from my place so it's an all day event. The new PBC is 20 minutes from me gotta go see how they are progressing....

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Gregh181 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:05 pm
Don't you love it when the REAL dumbasses put the magnet on the cartridge case and then tell you you cant shoot it?
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:45 pm

Trouter3 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:05 am
And all this comparing of shooting ranges makes me more anxious for the completion of the PBC outdoor shooting facility, my favorite now is the outdoor range okeechobee , friendly range officer, but efficent, George, last time I was there, it is 1.5 hour trip from my place so it's an all day event. The new PBC is 20 minutes from me gotta go see how they are progressing....
They're dragging their feet on that so bad. I'd rather go to Henry's in Homestead though than Okeechobee. Henry has a 25 yard and a 100 yard(I think) range on his property and he only charges 20 bucks to shoot.

https://www.henryssportshootingrange.com/
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:57 pm

While YOUR carefully made reloads may not cause more malfunctions, others do. The problems associated with it and your Average Joe exponentially increases the probability of bodily injury and physical damage to the premises. I wouldn't allow them either, even for outdoor range the general public had access to.

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:07 pm

#1Glock30 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 pm
My friend's brand new Troy Ind cqb rifle blew the upper and lower receivers to hell the first shot with his professionally reloaded ammunition at my home range. Turned out the re-manufacturer had inadvertently way overloaded the reload. He replaced the AR so in the end it turned out fine. But I will never ever ever hold onto the magazine well again. Thankfully my buddies wife who fired the shot had her hand on the front grip.
So I get it. The insurances and all.
First shot it blew up. If the cartridge had been crimped it wasn't the ammo. I'll wager the rifle went off out of battery. I just got a AR10 back from the manufacture because it had troubles. I went over it with a fine tooth comb, including complete dissassembleing, lubing and oiling every moving part exactly the same as my 15s and other 10s. took it to the range, inserted the mag, charged it and it did not sound right. sure enough, it was not fully in battery. Had I pulled the trigger and the hammer fell, I'm sure folks would say it was my reloads that blew the rifle up. I know it would not have been. The same magizine went into my sons AR10 and it ate it up just fine, even the round that had been in the chamber of the problem child.

#1Glock30
Life Member
Life Member

Post by #1Glock30 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Lilwoody wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:07 pm
First shot it blew up. If the cartridge had been crimped it wasn't the ammo. I'll wager the rifle went off out of battery. I just got a AR10 back from the manufacture because it had troubles. I went over it with a fine tooth comb, including complete dissassembleing, lubing and oiling every moving part exactly the same as my 15s and other 10s. took it to the range, inserted the mag, charged it and it did not sound right. sure enough, it was not fully in battery. Had I pulled the trigger and the hammer fell, I'm sure folks would say it was my reloads that blew the rifle up. I know it would not have been. The same magizine went into my sons AR10 and it ate it up just fine, even the round that had been in the chamber of the problem child.
I heard the bolt when her husband racked and it sounded fine. I have had ammo stick in my AR a couple times and know the sound of it not charging properly. Not saying what you say is not what happened but I don't think so. Would the bullet leave the barrel in that situation?
Wonder why they were so apologetic so quickly if he felt sure of their ammo? :-k
SHTF Ready

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:28 pm

Woody sounds like a mag issue
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Thu May 03, 2018 12:11 am

Mag works fine in the Armilite. I just ordered a small base die, I'm thinking the Adams Voodoo barrel may have a tighter chamber than the Armilite.