Court Rules That Medical Marijuana Card Holders Can’t Buy Firearms

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Court Rules That Medical Marijuana Card Holders Can’t Buy Firearms

Post by jjk308 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:44 am

The posts on this subject have proved me right: "....all sides on this issue believe in a lot of very stupid things about cannabis so no solution is in sight."
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:54 am

Where IS that ignore feature?
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:08 am

I too, am an arrogant jackass.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:16 am

posts like these are always awesome smoker call out threads [smilie=011.gif]

not that anyone is judging =:wvr , but may sway some decisions if they would wanna sell or buy from you , just sayin
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:16 am

not that anyone is judging =:wvr , but may sway some decisions if they would wanna sell or buy from you , just sayin
I try not to take people on the internet seriously unless they start sounding like some tin foil conspiracy theorist. Other than zealots of any stripe, I don't really have a problem with anyone. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:16 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:16 am

Just because you're on the side of freedom doesn't mean you are a user of the item. I've never, ever, not ever, used marijuana. Not at a party, not in college, never. That said- as long as you're not impacting my life, liberty, property, or happiness, you do what you want. Is there anyone campaigning for recreational heroin yet?

Anyway, this is going so much further. They are saying if a doctor recommends (because they can't prescribe) marijuana they can take your guns away- regardless of if you buy or use any marijuana. They ruled that they can rightfully assume that someone with the recommendation is using marijuana. No drug test, no appeal, no presumption of innocence. How long until living in a state with recreational marijuana until they say they can assume you are a user and can not buy a gun? We have liquor stores in Florida, and bars even! How long until we are assumed to be drunks and told we are too dangerous to ourselves and others to own firearms?

This is clearly unapologetic gun control. We can't just /whatever/ this because it's not you this time.
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:27 am

I suspect some quick changes in attitude will occur once someone has a personal attack on their liberty or property by their own government.
Until then, the status quo reigns supreme.
R/Griff

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:18 pm

Except the question on the 4473, "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to marijuana .....or any other controlled substance" existed long before pot stores, or medical marijuana licenses became popular. GARY

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:05 pm

gforester wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:17 pm
Lilwoody wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:50 pm
Do any of you folks who are so adamantly opposed to MJ actually know why the prohibition was originally pushed through?
Wasn't it due to lobbying by the alcohol industry?
It was William Randolf Hearst and Dupont. When Dupont developed the process to turn wood pulp into paper his buddy Hearst just happened to own hundreds of thousands of acres of timber. Seeing how the world was in the grips of the great depression, timber wasn't worth much. At the time the country was making paper out of hemp but how could any sane country swap making paper from a crop that is as useful as hemp, for a crop that takes decades to mature. I'll tell you how if you a evil megalomaniac that controls the nations media and has a few senators on the payroll. You demonize its convenient cousin. A near inconceivably different plant a and start a campaign of fear and bigotry. You outlaw marijuana and without debate add the cousin that is getting in the way of you making some more millions to add to your other millions.
This nauseating page of our history is a scab that has destroyed millions of lives. Not from addiction but from the gulag it fostered. The black market that rose from it make alcohol prohibition look like a lemonade stand. Not to mention the environmental damage from the prohibition of hemp. A plant that produces 8 times the oil its nearest competitor can. A plant who's fibers make fabric as soft as cotton but 5 times more durable. A crop that has roots that can be made into great livestock feed. And what's left over can be turned into ethanol.
But no Billy Hearst needed to make more money

wjbarricklow
Life Member
Life Member

Post by wjbarricklow » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Cute. But I’ve never even tried marijuana, and I think it’s asinine that it’s prohibited.
...and they think I'm compensating for something?

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:47 pm

Skoll wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:40 pm
That's like saying if you've ever taken an opioid, you're barred from firearm ownership.
That will be the goal eventually.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:50 pm

Bill Clinton never inhaled and a lot of you probably didn't vote for him as well.... :---)
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:01 am

Why did it take an amendment to ban liquor, but just a tax act to ban marijuana?
Too much for me I'm going to have a bourbon and a cigar to think it over.
/:f
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:50 pm
Bill Clinton never inhaled and a lot of you probably didn't vote for him as well.... :---)
Well, I was 8...
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:27 am

I think I was five when Clinton won.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:43 am

Pathetic old farts dominate here, sorry guys.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

pharmer
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by pharmer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:54 am

Most of the weed haters love a good scotch or ten. Having enjoyed several metric tons back in the '70's and'80's, it will be a long time for federal law to change. The "legal system" grinds mega cash outta offenders and LE budgets rely heavily on "enforcement efforts." The local "mugshots" are 75% "cannabis related." Money controls legislation. Joe
Deplorably Optimistic

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:56 am

Don’t forget the for-profit private prison cartel and all the cash they make off taxpayers for jailing non-violent drug offenders.
It’s a racket and to defend it is telling.
R/Griff

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 am

tector wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:43 am
Pathetic old farts dominate here, sorry guys.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:03 pm

P5 guy wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:01 am
Why did it take an amendment to ban liquor, but just a tax act to ban marijuana?
Too much for me I'm going to have a bourbon and a cigar to think it over.
/:f
Liquor was legal in most states and the Dries wanted to ban it nation wide. With a tax of $50 an ounce for neat alcohol and no tax stamps passed out it'd be essentially banned like marijuana but I have no idea why they didn't think of that.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.