YETI Drops NRA Foundation

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Skoll

Re: YETI Drops NRA Foundation

Post by Skoll » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Demolition Man tells us that rolexes are worth exactly one rat burger.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Gmountain wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 am
tector wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:52 am
Yeti is just one of those things, like Rolex or Colt, that people overpay for just to have the name.
Rolexes are worth it.
They are very high quality time pieces but there is also a cost of the name figured into their price. Also at the end of they day they are still just a watch and other brands can perform the same function just as well for all intents and purposes. So no they aren’t really worth it.
Libertas aut mortis!

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:23 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:03 pm
Gmountain wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:58 am
tector wrote:
Yeti is just one of those things, like Rolex or Colt, that people overpay for just to have the name.
Rolexes are worth it.
They are very high quality time pieces but there is also a cost of the name figured into their price. Also at the end of they day they are still just a watch and other brands can perform the same function just as well for all intents and purposes. So no they aren’t really worth it.
I have to disagree, I'll start another thread.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:38 pm

This will be interesting. Last time I was at Shooter's World, Tampa, they had a ton of YETI stuff "on hand" in store inventory.

Will be interesting to see if they still have it in another 2-4 weeks.... [smilie=popcorn.gif]

photohause
Life Member
Life Member

Post by photohause » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:48 pm

tector wrote:
Yeti is just one of those things, like Rolex, Colt or Kel-Tec that people overpay for just to have the name.
[smilie=011.gif]
What new gun my dear, this old thing?

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:18 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:38 pm
This will be interesting. Last time I was at Shooter's World, Tampa, they had a ton of YETI stuff "on hand" in store inventory.

Will be interesting to see if they still have it in another 2-4 weeks.... [smilie=popcorn.gif]
I wonder, will they destroy them like DICK'S supposedly did to their stock of AR15s?
:-k
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am

Those $8 stainless tumblers at Walmart work great. Too bad they discontinued the 40 ounce one, shoulda grabbed a couple more.

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:10 pm

There is no way this helps their company. The frothing useful idiots who's ire for the month is focused on the NRA would never have any need for one of these way over priced ice boxes. On the flip side, those that might consider one of them to be useful have long memories and there are comparable coolers, that are readily available for 1/2 the price. personally my 100$, 150 quart Gott has served me very well for a couple of decades.

better2have&notneed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by better2have&notneed » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:34 pm

zeebaron wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am
Those $8 stainless tumblers at Walmart work great. Too bad they discontinued the 40 ounce one, shoulda grabbed a couple more.
I grabbed two of these, they keep drinks and ice cold for a long time.

MARKAR

YETI Drops NRA Foundation

Post by MARKAR » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:07 pm

zeebaron wrote:Those $8 stainless tumblers at Walmart work great. Too bad they discontinued the 40 ounce one, shoulda grabbed a couple more.
I have a couple of those but they are kind of heavy for casual use. Plus they are top heavy.
I’ve went to the 20oz for most use. Holds a can and some ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Hahah Yeti just backtracked so hard.

https://www.statesman.com/business/upda ... uQhDppqWN/
Austin-based Yeti is on the list of companies severing ties with the National Rifle Association.
UPDATE: Yeti says NRA’s claims are ‘inaccurate’
Updated 2 hours ago
By Gary Dinges, American-Statesman Staff
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter...More
Update: Austin-based Yeti says claims made by the National Rifle Association over the weekend are “inaccurate” and that the company is “unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.”

In an email to its members, the NRA claimed Yeti “suddenly, without prior notice” indicated it no longer wished to do business with the NRA Foundation.

Not so, says Yeti. The maker of coolers and thermal mugs says the NRA has twisted its words.

“A few weeks ago, Yeti notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs,” Yeti said in a written statement Monday afternoon. “When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations about this change, Yeti explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the (NRA) distributed on April 20.

“Further, the (NRA) stated in that same public communication that ‘[Yeti has] declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.’ Nothing is further from the truth. Yeti was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, Yeti has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, Yeti is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.”
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

camacho

Post by camacho » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Skoll wrote:Hahah Yeti just backtracked so hard.

/.”
Screw them...we know where their heart is!

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Yeti is lying. Lying scum now. As many of you know, I am involved with the NRA Foundation, and chairman of the FNRA committee for three counties here in Florida.

Yeti cut all ties suddenly with the NRA. They refused to provide merchandise that they had agreed to make available all year long.

This is a statement sent out from Marion Hammer:

DATE: April 20, 2018
TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

View New Content

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

https://www.yeti.com/contact-us.html

YETI

CORPORATE OFFICE

7601 Southwest Parkway
Austin, TX 78735
1-512-394-9384

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:43 am

They must have noticed how much and how quickly they were losing market share. Well it’s too late now, everyone already knows how your management team thinks and the damage is already done.
Libertas aut mortis!